H1B Visa Stamping Experience In Toronto

Rate this topic

pendurthi babu

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]This is one of my friends experience of H1B visa interview. I am moving from F1 to H1 having worked for some time in OPT and Capgap. i worked for same client under different employers and I was expecting questions about that but my experience was completely unexpected.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
My appointment was at 2PM which was the last appoinemtn slot. I was not aware of this facgt otherwise I would have chose something else. And for better or worse I was the last one in the line and hence by the time i was called for the interview i was the only one in the waiting room this was unnerving. I am going to skip all the sha-bang about how many stops you will have to make for the counter and only concentrate on my final interview questions. [/size][/font]
VO is a white middle aged male who started with pleasantries and I reciprocated the same. [/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
VO: Where are you travelling to?[/size][/font]
Me: sorry[/size][/font]
VO Repeats the same question[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Me: USA[/size][/font]
VO: Where in USA?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Me: New York[/size][/font]
VO: I see that you [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]lost[/background] your [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]passport[/background] once.[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Me: Yes I did when I was travelling from NY to XXX. [/size][/font]
VO: When did you lose your [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]passport[/background]?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Me: I dont remember the exact dates[/size][/font]
VO: Give me a rough estimate[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Me: Some time in 2007-2008 in my Sophomore year.[/size][/font]
VO: What do you do in NY?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Me: I work as a Software developer[/size][/font]
VO: Whats your highest degree?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: Bachelors in CS and Math[/size][/font]
VO: When did you graduate?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: December 2009[/size][/font]
VO: When did you start working?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: March 2010, My EAD card was [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]lost[/background] in mail.(extra detail I know)[/size][/font]
VO: Can I see your EAD card?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
I hand the first EAD card. It was valid from 1/XX to 1/YY[/size][/font]
VO: Do you have another one[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
I had him the extension EAD card. It was valid from 2/YY to 7/ZZ[/size][/font]
VO: Did you work from 7/11 to 10/11(date of my H1) as well.[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: Yes[/size][/font]
VO: How did you work in that status?[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: I was under CAP GAP [/size][/font]
VO: Do you have any Proof.[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: I have the Cap gap I20, I hand him over the I 20[/size][/font]
VO: Do you have a letter from a Lawyer regarding your cap gap? Did you go through a Lawyer. [/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
me: No, I just called my International services department and they took care of it.[/size][/font]
At this point he had all the EAD cards and the I20. He went in for good three minutes and returns to his desk.[/size][/font]
VO: Your Visa has been approved and hands me the instructions slip.[/size][/font]
That is it. Its been two days and I am still waiting for my way-bill number to be generated. [/size][/font]
Analysis: I was not expecting him to probe me more about Employer and Employee relationships and LCA. He did not ask even my client name or the employer name. He picked a black swan incident like [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]lost[/background] [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]passport[/background] and probed on that. Next he focused on my status through out. These were the last documents I thought he would ask. Anyway.. Alls well that ends well. [/size][/font]

check ur status in CEACStatus tracker website..........if its changed to "Issued" then ur passport is with loomis.....just stop by ur looomis location in the vening after 5 or 6 and have ur photo id and REf num(usvisa-inof.com site).....the front desk person in loomis will track ur passport based on this info,...

[quote name='loser' timestamp='1378257683' post='1304199830']
so it is better to loose passport once. so that all question will be diverted to that topic.

gp

congrats...........
[/quote]
not all the time it works.....basically nee file clear ga undi....meee emp midha emanna audits/cases unnayante...anthe sangathulu....