Common Wealth Games...

mtkr

Jwala-Ashwini in doubles semis

Badminton -- India's Jwala Gutta/Ashwini Ponnappa beat Sri Lanka's Achini Rathnasir/Upuli Weerasinghe 21-10, 21-9 in the women's doubles quarterfinal

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mtkr

• Maximus

• Avataar

• pedda_edava

indian-flag-o.gif

nice threed re...nee yavva...much appreciated....games jarugutunnayi ani kooda teliyadhu naaku....

bl@st bl@st bl@st

Devendro Laishram storms into final!!!

Boxing -- Indian boxer Devendro Laishram beats Ashley Williams of Wales in Men's Light Fly (49kg) semifinal. India assured of a silver medal in the event

bl@st

Badminton

India's RMV Gurusaidutt beats Chong Wei Feng of Malaysia 21-15, 8-21, 21-17 to enter the semis in the men's singles event

Table Tennis

India's Achanta Sharath/Anthony Amalraj win first game 11-8 against Ning Gao/Hu Li of Singapore in the men's doubles gold medal match

bl@st

Table Tennis

Ning Gao/Hu Li of Singapore fight back to win second game 11-7 against India's Achanta Sharath/Anthony Amalraj in the men's doubles gold medal match. India-Singapore tied 1-1 in seven-game rubber.

m@g1x

Sarita Devi in Boxing Final, Assures India of Silver

Glasgow: L Sarita Devi assured at least a silver medal for India by punching her way into the final of women's lightweight (57-60kg) boxing competition after defeating Maria Machongua of Mozambique in a lop-sided contest, here on Friday.

Sarita, a former World Championships silver medallist, completely dominated her semifinal bout as she landed her punches onto her opponent almost at will. The ferocity of the  29-year-old Manipuri was such that her Mozombique opponent tried to hide herself by holding on to the body of the Indian.

Sarita sent her opponent onto the ropes several times during the bout with some powerful left and right hooks as the Mozambique boxer did not have any clue how to defend them.

Sarita got an unanimous 3-0 verdict with the three judges giving 40-33 40-32 and 40-34 scores in her favour in the four rounds of two minutes each.

Sarita later said that she was amused to see her opponent trying to hide her head instead of boxing.

"She was hiding under me and I thought this woman does not want to do boxing. So I laughed during the bout," she said.

"This is the first time women's boxing is there in the Commonwealth Games and I want to win the gold. So I have to prepare well for the final," she added.

Asked about her son, Sarita said, "I have not seen him for more than four months and I am missing him."

sarita-devi.jpg

Boxing

Devendro completely outclasses his Welsh opponent to reach men's light fly (49kg) final. India assured of another silver at least from the boxing ring. 

Table Tennis Ning Gao/Hu Li of Singapore win third game 11-9 against India's Achanta Sharath/Anthony Amalraj in the men's doubles gold medal match. Singapore lead India 2-1 in seven-game rubber.

Boxing Indian boxer Mandeep Jangra beats Steven Donnelly of Northern Ireland in Men's Welter (69kg) semifinal. Jangra eyes gold as India assured of a silver medal in the event.

Squash India's Deepika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa make it to the finals of women doubles event as silver medal for India is assured

Table Tennis Ning Gao/Hu Li of Singapore win fourth game 11-5 against India's Achanta Sharath/Anthony Amalraj in the men's doubles gold medal match. Singapore lead India 3-1 in seven-game rubber.