H1B - Interview Experience - Hyderabad

Rate this topic

bluejaysrs1

Below is my experience and I am happy to share with you all!

Day 1 : Visa OFC Went to finger prints, and joined the line, passport and Gmail confirmation page of appointment times were checked and sent in and was given a token and called,
Questions
What the purpose of the travel, 
What time is your interview tomorrow 
And took a photo graph and asked me to have fingers scanned 

Day 2:

Questions...

Me: Smiling and said Hello Mam, how are you?
VO: I'm good, how about you?
Me: I'm good. Do you care to see my i797? 
VO: I didn't ask you.
.....A long pause, and she is trying to pull up my profile on her system......
VO: Looking at the passport, you haven't been to United States before right, wait..
Me: I interrupted and said, I have been to United States before, done my masters there.
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: told 
VO: what were you doing after that?
Me: I started working for my employer
VO: So who is your employer?
Me: xxx inc
VO: How long you been with this employer 
Me: xx months
VO: who's your client
Me: told
VO: are you with the same employer and same client after you graduate? 
Me: yes 
... She placed my passport in the basket and I assumed I can celebrate now....
VO: are you married or single?
Me: No I'm single
VO: Do you have plans for marriage?
Me: it's not fixed yet 
VO: When you would like to get married ?
Me: may be next year.
VO: smiling and told good luck with that and said I'm good to go.
Me: Thank you, bubye.
VO: bye 

Through out the interview I was very confident which she can understand properly and she never asked me to repeat any of my answers. I also maintained the American accent.

One thing I also noticed is the wait times for joint visa appointments (wife+husband+child) is very fast they won't stop them to sit here and there. 

1 mistake I made is going to stand in the line 1 and half hours before my scheduled time. I seriously would like you guys to go just half an hour before your scheduled time. It doesn't matter if you go late too, cuz the security guys over there will keep calling your slot times like , 8.00 and 8.30 people please come forward. I have seen people coming late and didn't wait in line and went inside quickly, a lesson to learn for me. Once we enter the outside line, we will be again waiting for security check, after the security check you will be called forward and your passports will be checked and will again make you wait by asking you to sit, and then you will be called to join the interview line, I saw like 8 counters with visa interviews. No tokens nothing.. 
Don't carry sealed envelopes this made me go through security checks for 2 times...

Be confident and keep a smile you will rock. 

One thing I noticed is h-1b petitions were approved easily at this consulate where as f1 visa is a big problem.. I have seen students receiving refusal letters. I got my first f1 rejected and tried for the same again in chennai consulate back in 2010. So it's worth to give it a try changing the interview location. Good luck students! 

• 5 weeks later...

Why did you have to copy paste the same content from this link?

http://www.immihelp.com/experience/84088-H1b-Interview-Experience-Hyderabad.html

Because you couldn't get much appreciation on the forum there? do you have to create a new account and post the same content here after a month? 

red flower man, he didn't post after a month, you replied after a month in english only man....

http://www.immihelp.com/experience/84088-H1b-Interview-Experience-Hyderabad.html

Because you couldn't get much appreciation on the forum there? do you have to create a new account and post the same content here after a month? 

brahmiuff.gif  vammo nuvvu mammolu vaadivi kadhuga

• 4 weeks later...

yes nene akkada kuda rasindhi.. post chesthe koncham janalaki info cherutadhi ani.. andaru nee antha ismart undaru kadha anna preti website mind lo undaniki..