• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silver_mani

• Tyrannosauraus_Rex

• yankal

• VizagRocks

Top Posters In This Topic

Auckland lo racism vundadu as many culture people will be in Auckland, I heard that Christchurch lo racism vuntadhi anni, akada challa mandi old people vuntaru they are in impression that they lost all jobs due to people coming from other countries.

Job vishayam ki vusthey market small,tippi kodithey avey companies. Pr which is similar to Greencard challa easy and fast ga vusthadi, many benefits naku PR oka 3 months lo vochindi.

Secured country.

Good Point.

In general in any cosmopolitan city, tolerant behavior can be noticed due to the sheer fact that people of many ethnicities work together which fosters an egalitarian spirit.

It is also true that in the hinterlands of the country such tolerance may not be readily visible. But it is not always down to any innate racist proclivities of the native populace. Racism at its rudimentary roots is a result of a fear of  the unknown.

When I was living in Hastings, I used to shop at a Gujarati owned stores for my groceries. The owner told me that 30 years ago when he came to New Zealand - on the days when he used to go for a morning walk little kids used to cry on seeing him. He explained to me that this was because - till then all the kids saw in their area were predominantly white neighbors with a sprinkling of the native Maori. When they suddenly saw an influx of Desi people who usually spoke in their native Indian languages they were just taken aback by the newest immigrant addition in their town.

But if you are prepared to work hard - you will gain respect from the locals. In Hastings and surrounding areas most of the contractors who work in the vineyards are Punjabi's and they have secured a very good reputation of being very hard working and entrepreneurial. 

Some Desi people may have been genuine victims of racism but that is an exception than a norm. Most of the racism accusations from Desi folk arise from lack of opportunities in the country. New Zealand barely has 4.5 million people thus limiting the spectrum of opportunities available. When you compare it with the US - the job avenues available there are akin to searching for a needle in a haystack. But if you have the right qualifications, experience and education you will be able to ace it. 

My most favorite country in the world. I have lived there for 3 years. Lived in Auckland, Napier, Hastings.

The only cricket match I could attend was a Pakistan v New Zealand match in 2011. Unfortunately during my stay in New Zealand the Indian team did not visit it's shores, otherwise you bet I would have made it to the Indian match.

I remember taking pictures with every single player on both teams. I saw Shoaib Akhtar bowling in the nets after the match and Alan Donald keeping for him - every ball thudding into his gloves like a million mile bullet. Akhtar did not play that match with an injury and Alan Donald was involved with the New Zealand team.

Just driving in New Zealand gives you an almost meditative feel - beautiful locales with pristine greenery.

Tell me about a place in India where you get the same feel from the above last 3 lines..

Tell me about a place in India where you get the same feel from the above last 3 lines..

Arundelpet 4th Line, Guntur

masth untadhi. 20 yrs ayyindhi katti ippatiki alaane undhi ..

nothing can wKJ9K.gif?1367839153 u over there... awesome experience.. guaranteed