H-1B Transfer Issues

Rate this topic

chandrashekarrathode

Hi I was previously on OPT and have filed my first H-1B change of status (from F-1 to H-1) with employer XYZ and I have my  approval notice with me.

Now I'm transferring to another employer ABC. However while transferring ABC is filing a new H-1 Change of Employer petition for me  and identified that first line of my approval notice says "the above petition and extension of stay has been approved". ABC's lawyer team is saying it should say "the above petition for change of status has been approved".

Whom to check this out with? Will USCIS give me new approval notice if I ask ..also will this be a problem for my stamping?

If you have valid I-94 attached to approval then you are good. Generally if your change of status is not approved (and H1-B approved), you will have I-94 attached. Hope it's clear.

I think my question isn't that clear. Actually on my first ever h1 b approval notice which is a chance of status from f1 to h1 it should say "change of status is approved" but it says "extension of stay is approved" this looks like a mistake from USCIS. I was curious if I'm the only person this happened to

check if its....i797A...or i797B or i797C....

for some ppl....visa gets approved....but extended stay will not be not approved....

Mine is I797A so for some people for change of status they can send I797A as well and if it has i94 attached it is fine is it?

Mine is I797A so for some people for change of status they can send I797A as well and if it has i94 attached it is fine is it?

i think you are fine...i don' know what's the reason behind your woorries....

Kadha asalu naaku I797 ivvakunda I797A enduku icharo renditiki difference ento..and asalu naadhi I797A ani ninna telskunna e thread dvara /\