Top Posters In This Topic

• ronitreddy

• Rocky143

• PhillyDotNetGuy

• Butterthief

2 hours ago, Bullimasteru said:

Army life tattukogalanu ante MAVNI - na valla kaadu

500k white amount unte EB5 apply chey - 100k ki minchi okka paisa ledu

pelli kakapothe  US passport unna pilla ni pattu.. - minimum 6 feet lenidey dekhanu kooda dekhatledu. 5'8" gaadini nannem dekhutaaru

adi chalu manchiga india vellipodaniki..

2 hours ago, vasu123 said:

Ante pelli ayinavallu kooda Mavni loki povala. Bachelors ki ayithe options untay man but married ppl ki kashtam. 

Chala mandi boys 30+ lo marriages chesukoni life nashanam chesukuntunnaru  GC lu job lu anukuntu. 

1st tym vintuna man idi

49 minutes ago, ronitreddy said:

adi chalu manchiga india vellipodaniki..

danitho em cheyyachu bhayya. koncham cheppava please. oka chota business emanna pettaccha. 

I've been on H-1B for 5 years (almost), came to the US as student on F-1. Getting GC is the next step, but it's a lengthy process. What are the risks in waiting for another 10-15 years? What's the harm? I want honest opinions, please. Thanks all!

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

Comments
Jennis Jose
Jennis Jose When ur younger ...u don't worry about stability..but once you get married..have kids...u would want your spouse to have freedom to pursue her career. Sometimes you think twice before investing in property in usa. And after 15-20 yrs in a country you don't want to be forced to leave the country just because you don't have the right visa...

Like · Reply · 11 · April 14 at 10:19pm
Raghu Kalepu
Raghu Kalepu so many things man!! Kinda of feels weird that you are on h1b for 5 years and still say this..!! 1) First of All if you dont apply for GC you will have to leave after 6 years on H1b.. so next time you want to come on H1b, it ll be on Lottery again!! 2)...See More

Like · Reply · 11 · April 14 at 10:20pm
Saravana Bharathi
Saravana Bharathi Think from a different angle. A country brings in immigrants so that they bring in fresh blood, bring in innovation, create new jobs, happy families, revive economy. Current system defeats these from every angle. No freedom to change jobs, pursue dream...See More

Like · Reply · 12 · April 15 at 7:16am
Anamitra Ghatak
Anamitra Ghatak Well, the system is not broken in general. The system is broken mainly for Indians. That also, the EB2/3 candidates in particular. I think without making sweeping statements about immigration policies, we should directly focus on EB2/3 candidates from ...See More

Like · Reply · 6 · April 15 at 7:43am

Srinivasa Manam
Srinivasa Manam Why you are marrying/married when you are late 20s or early 30s? If not marry, why you completed education early in your life time/when you are younger?(hope you have completed education) why you have done these things early in life? Instead of doing at late 50s? Even you can marry and study at late 50s? I hope my questions gives answers for your questions.

Unlike · Reply · 4 · April 15 at 3:31pm · Edited
Shantanu Bhave
Shantanu Bhave I agree, it's broken and needs to be fixed. It is what it is and it's not going to change for next few years.
That's not what I'm trying to get at. All I'm asking is what are the risks involved in waiting?
Talking about lower wage, my employer is payin
...See More

Saravana Bharathi
Saravana Bharathi If I wait 15 years, I consider it a lost time because I'm constrained. When you say that you found a job in 35 days, you already broke the law (atleast in uscis eyes, per them you must leave the country in 10 days should you get fired)

As you have men
...See More

Like · Reply · 6 · April 15 at 10:28am · Edited
Kartik Nayak
Kartik Nayak Let me give a real life stories. 
1. My colleague's father took ill, he went to India got 221G took 9 months to return to US. 
2. Another colleague skips own brother's funeral fearing disruption that can happen with 221G.
...See More

Like · Reply · 6 · April 15 at 10:49am · Edited
Sivakumar Subramaniam
Sivakumar Subramaniam When you travel outside USA , you have to get stamped . If any query it will take 6 weeks to 6 month .
If you don't have job , you cannot sit bench even 30 days . 
Your kids will not get any credit in school and collage for USA born .

Like · Reply · 1 · April 15 at 11:05am
Kapil Ayyawar
Kapil Ayyawar being on H1b constraints options, If I have GC, i can get a another full-time job with 20% salary rise, i can run a business, do a partime job, can't work for lot of companies like space X, boeing, etc. last always have to work with fear of loosing job.

Like · Reply · 6 · April 15 at 11:05am
Narasa Sarat C Medapalli
Narasa Sarat C Medapalli Being in H1B is like Sitting on a comfortable couch knowing it can blast anytime with no time for quick reaction. This fear is opportunity for so called Body shoppers. This is my understanding...

Like · Reply · 4 · April 15 at 11:21am

Sivakumar Subramaniam
Sivakumar Subramaniam I hope you got lots of point , just sit and summarize. Then we can discuss.please bring all your f1 friends to this group .

Like · Reply · 1 · April 15 at 11:24am

Sivakumar Subramaniam
Sivakumar Subramaniam Simple reason why you need GC ...
Tommorw if you have any accidents or disability, then your life is gone . You cannot use all your Ssn and medical you paid those 15 + years ..
...See More

Like · Reply · 3 · April 15 at 11:26am
Sridhar Konathala
Sridhar Konathala Dude .. If you loose your job for some reason, you need to leave the country in a week .. Isn't that a good enough reason ?

Like · Reply · 1 · April 15 at 11:27am
Narasa Sarat C Medapalli
Narasa Sarat C Medapalli Please bring who are willing to understand what is commented before asking for explanations. We need people to get together and work not question the group. If they are willing to stay in US, bring value to the idea.

Like · Reply · 2 · April 15 at 11:28am
Varad Sakhalkar
Varad Sakhalkar My few questions
1. Have you decided to either stay here permanently or to return back to India?
2. Are you absolutely sure your employer will be in business for next 20 years?
...See More

Like · Reply · 11 · April 15 at 11:35am
Narasa Sarat C Medapalli
Narasa Sarat C Medapalli This has already happen to me, my junior is my manager now.

Like · Reply · 4 · April 15 at 11:39am
Sree Harsha Boravelli
Sree Harsha Boravelli @ Shantanu Bhave i dont meant be rude. Let me tell a example
Lets say u go to cpk. U order food. Treat the bread they get u as H1 and ur food as GC. They keep getting u bread but not ur food for hours. How would u feel. Hope u understand wat i mean to convey

Like · Reply · 7 · April 15 at 2:33pm
Sridhar Konathala
Sridhar Konathala And hell, do you know how many jobs you have if you have a green card and how many jobs you dis qualify if you are on H1 ? The more experience you gain, you find that you are eligible to lot more jobs and it's really frustrating that you can't switch jobs

Like · Reply · 7 · April 15 at 3:20pm · Edited
Aparna Subramanian
Aparna Subramanian The simple answer to your question is, we only have 1 life and we do not want GC to be the only end goal of our life !

Like · Reply · 15 · April 15 at 6:21pm

Vivek Singh
Vivek Singh Shantanu Bhave You have valid question. You don't need to frustrate or worry about 15 years GC wait if:
1. You are fulltime employer and you are happy with your growth and wages.
2. Getting Visa is not a problem as you work for good employer as FT empl
...See More

Like · Reply · 5 · April 15 at 8:42pm
Prashanth Reddy Palvai
Prashanth Reddy Palvai Really find it funny to discuss abt this post..sorry guys after 5 years how can anyone research this topic ..if u r a fresher who came just now asking this question makes sense

Like · Reply · 5 · April 15 at 9:26pm
Shalin Singh Bhatnagar
Shalin Singh Bhatnagar Here's one more e.g , you came in this country 10 yrs back on H1b and still in queue to get GC...so still no stability , no job flexibility....however there is a person from Nepal or Bangladesh came here just 2 yrs back gets GC and can apply for any jo...See More

Like · Reply · 2 · April 16 at 8:55am
Santosh Reddy
Santosh Reddy You came to us approx 7 years back & by now you must know what are pros & cons if you don't have GC.. What is the difference between immigrant & non immigrant ... I don't understand what you want to know ????.. What is this post meant for ???

Like · Reply · 2 · April 16 at 1:58pm
Naveen Kumar Pudari
Naveen Kumar Pudari U will come to know soon

Mayur Jain
Mayur Jain I think we need more people like you who just want to stay on H1B forever.. maybe that's the only way our wait times will reduce.. lol

Like · Reply · 4 · April 17 at 7:48am

Srinath Sasthri
Srinath Sasthri Your H1 will last only for 6 years. If you want to continue to work here after 6 years you need another work status. Also if you have GC you can legally stay in USA without job and US Govt will pay you unemployment benefits. On H1, if you were to lose job you need to go back to home country

Like · Reply · 1 · April 17 at 11:38am
Jyoti Kanwar
Jyoti Kanwar Just too many uncertainties as jobs can stop being great and you might need to find a new employer to repeat the process and they might not be as friendly. So lot of variable, safety net is lacking.

Sujeeth Irukumati
Sujeeth Irukumati This isnt the same ride as the ones in amusement park, this one once you get on will go on for a long time with lots of thrills

Like · Reply · 1 · April 18 at 1:52pm
Rajakishan Kondapalli
Rajakishan Kondapalli honest opinion is when a person losses the job and feels the heat of discrimination of GC/EAD ?citizneship...

Pavan Kopparapu
Pavan Kopparapu Just my opinion, If you want to live here, just live and enjoy your life. This is definitely not a place to retire.. There is no risk in waiting for 10-20 years except you lose your passion. You will have kids and they will be US citizens and you need not worry about that.. And I believe by the time you get a Greencard, you might probably don't want to get it..

Unlike · Reply · 2 · 1 hr
Shiva Prasad Reddy
Shiva Prasad Reddy One big disadvantage I find these days is amendment everytime i change client and it is taking huge amount of effort to get a proper billing rates once my current project is over. They either prefer ead /GC or OPt but not h1 b since we have to work Cor...See More

Like · Reply · 15 mins · Edited
Sharan D'souza
Sharan D'souza Shantanu, we had similar thoughts when we completed our MS from the US. "It will come whenever-no hurry". We completed 15 yrs in the US with a priority date EB-2 2010. While the priority date is 2009 and we think we are close-It is 4 yrs now it has not moved from 2009 just retrogressed. 

We have 2 kids born in the US, bought our house and living comfortably but without any job stability. As you get too comfortable your frustration will also increase. Once you have kids it is difficult to uproot them and take them to India.

If I were you I would look for a MNC company outside US and come back on EB-1. We regret not taking that step. Good luck!

Unlike · Reply · 1 · 9 mins
Shiva Prasad Reddy
Shiva Prasad Reddy Sharan D'souza I believe you have mentioned most important lines. it is not just we , the family and the kids all take the heat. we become virtually locked in our own lifes we choose to live.

Like · Reply · 7 mins