His BEST moment was ‘shuttling’ P V Sindhu around Hyderabad in Nilambari

EarbiteNews

“I felt very fortunate when she agreed to pose for a picture with me and also signed an autograph. I sent it to my son on WhatsApp as he is also a big fan of hers’, says Rajendra Todkar, BEST driver.
BEST driver Rajendra Todkar with shuttler P V Sindhu and her coach Pullela Gopichand in Hyderabad. (Express Photo)
DRIVING an open-deck double-decker bus named “Nilambari” for the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) undertaking for 23 years now, Rajendra Todkar (48) never thought he would get a chance to meet the first Indian woman to win a silver in the Olympics. Especially when she is not a Mumbaiite.
So Todkar believes he was really “lucky” when he was selected to drive Mumbai’s “Nilambari” in Hyderabad for the massive victory rally of Olympic silver medalist P V Sindhu Monday morning. Though the journey, nearly 750 km from Mumbai to Hyderabad, was long, the excitement to meet Sindhu made it lighter. “My colleague Rahiman Chaugule and I drove the bus in shifts. We left Mumbai Sunday morning and reached Hyderabad around 4 am Monday. After that, we decorated the bus and left for Hyderabad airport where we welcomed Sindhu along with her team,” said Todkar...See more  Click Here

p-v-sindhu-759-660x330.jpg

To see more up dated news Go through   www.earbitenews.com

• 7 years later...