IPL 2017

Kool_SRG

On 2/15/2017 at 9:15 AM, CricPokChic said:

warner,fizz,henriques vs kolhi,gayle,ABD,watson,STarc.....cant wait to watch....

Bhuvi kooda form loney unnadu. nehra too.  kane williamson kooda. but not sure if he will be playing 11.

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

Bhuvi kooda form loney unnadu. nehra too.  kane williamson kooda. but not sure if he will be playing 11.

ya HYD overseas players mostly will be warner,fizz,henriques and whoever they buy in auction...backups are williamson and ben cutting....

2 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

ya HYD overseas players mostly will be warner,fizz,henriques and whoever they buy in auction...backups are williamson and ben cutting....

i prefer ben cutting over kane. ben cutting racha fielder assalu. he is a good hitter with bat and can bowl as well.

hyd overseas players ni konukodam waste. they need solid desi batsman. 

shikhar dawan, yuvi, ojha, deepak.  last year rahul ni vadileyyadam pedha mistake. now he is a super power. 

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

i prefer ben cutting over kane. ben cutting racha fielder assalu. he is a good hitter with bat and can bowl as well.

shikhar dawan, yuvi, ojha, deepak.  last year rahul ni vadileyyadam pedha mistake. now he is a super power. 

they need overseas players bhayya...fizz may miss initial matches of IPL due to SL vs BANG tour....Williamson is useful only if he is opening or else its a waste..opening are dhawan and warner.....cutting is not conistsent at all..he can 40 runs in 4 overs and is a pinch hitter with the bat...they need a consistent performer....

Smith set to replace Dhoni as Supergiants captain

243441.jpg

MS Dhoni will not captain Rising Pune Supergiants this season, with Steven Smith set to take over for the tenth season of the IPL, which starts on April 5. The switch emerged on the eve of the IPL player auction, in Bangalore on February 20. And it comes less than two months after Dhoni resigned as India's ODI and T20I captain ahead of the recent home series against England.

"Dhoni was consulted before the decision was made", was all a franchise source would say, neither confirming nor denying reports that Dhoni had been sacked. 

At the toss for what was billed as his last match as captain of India - when he led India A against the England team in a tour match in January - Dhoni had said he wasn't done with captaincy and that he was still going to captain in the IPL and domestic cricket. After giving up the India captaincy, Dhoni showed good form scoring his ODI hundred in four years and his maiden Twenty20 international fifty.

Under Dhoni, Supergiants finished second-last in their maiden IPL season in 2016, winning only five games and losing nine in a campaign ravaged by injuries to key players. It was the first time a team led by Dhoni failed to make the IPL playoffs. Dhoni scored 284 runs in 12 innings at a strike-rate of 135; Smith, who captains Australia in all three formats, made 270 in seven innings at a strike-rate of 153.

Dhoni was the franchise's first-choice pick in a player draft ahead of the 2016 season. That was Pune's first season in the league, having been brought in as one of two new teams - the other was the Gujarat Lions - in the wake of the suspensions of Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals after the IPL corruption scandal in 2013. This is the last year of the two-year contract the Supergiants signed with the IPL.

Until then Dhoni had been captain of the Super Kings since the IPL began in 2008. He was bought at the first player auction for $1.5 million, the highest paid player at the time and led Super Kings to the IPL title in 2010 and 2011, as well as the Champions League title in 2010 and 2014. Under him, Super Kings also finished runners-up in the IPL on four occasions.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:47 AM, Vaampire said:

Dhawan click avali ;) everyone else in good nick 

if dhawan fails, n.ojha shud open alongside warner

RCB, Starc part ways on eve of IPL auction

prv_c7688_1487495608.jpg

The Royal Challengers Bangalore and Australia paceman Mitchell Starc are set to "discontinue their association" for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the tournament's official Twitter page announced on Sunday (February 19). The left-arm paceman will not be up for grabs at the auction and will instead focus on international commitments. 

"Mitch has had a very big summer, bowling a high number of balls, and has managed extremely well considering the less than ideal preparation he had leading into the season with his left leg injury," Pat Howard, Cricket Australia Executive General Manager, said. "He still has a large workload to get through in the next six months with four Tests against India and then the ICC Champions Trophy after the player leave period in May.

"Following discussions with both Mitch, Royal Challengers Bangalore and our own medical staff it has been agreed that Mitch would benefit considerably from a break in cricket to allow him to fully rehabilitate and strengthen his body ahead of the Champions Trophy."

Starc said: "At this point in time after a long summer and with a big tour of India still ahead, I think it is in my best interests, both physically and mentally, for me to have a break, spend time with my family and take the opportunity to work on getting back to full fitness.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bangalore and I certainly hope to be back playing for them in the future and wish them all the best in this years IPL."

Starc, who missed the previous edition of the IPL due to injury, has been associated with the Bangalore-based franchise ever since 2014, when he was bought for INR five crore. Deciding to mutually part ways a day before the auction, Bangalore will go into the event with an additional purse of INR 5 crore along with an extra slot for an overseas player.

The lanky paceman was RCB's knight in shining armour in the bowling department in the eighth edition of the IPL, picking up 20 wickets in 13 games with an average of 14.55 and playing a vital part in determining the team's fortunes as they finished third in the tournament. They bowed out of the season after losing in the second Qualifier against Chennai Super Kings. In his first season with the franchise, he had 14 wickets in as many games.

Australia currently are in India for a four-match Test series, where Starc is expected to play a vital role in the fortunes of their campaign, although he had little success the last time he played two Tests in 2013, picking up just two wickets. Also, with the impending Champions Trophy, protecting the paceman, who has in the past been susceptible to breakdowns, might not be the worst of ideas.

10 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Big blow for RCB..

But that was a sensible decision

malinga/mustafizur kuda break theskovali e ipl ki, if they want to have longevity in their career, especially mustafizur , he is very early in his career, ipl hectic schedule will take heavy toll on his body, lot of travelling at so very short times