***INDIA Vs AUSTRALIA CRICKET SERIES 2017 AUS TOUR OF INDIA***

Kool_SRG

next pitch ela chestharo choodali. ekkuva spin avuthey em avuthundo ee match tho telisindi. pace pitch create chesthey inka starc gaadu chukkalu choopisthadu.

batting friendly pitch koncham safe emo. 

33 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

next pitch ela chestharo choodali. ekkuva spin avuthey em avuthundo ee match tho telisindi. pace pitch create chesthey inka starc gaadu chukkalu choopisthadu.

typical indian pitch will be safe bet until day 3 batting, day 4 and 5 pitch starts turning then it will be good. 

India Vs Australia: Sridharan Sriram Tips Worked Wonders For Steve O'Keefe

Updated: 27 February 2017 18:58 IST

Australia currently lead the four-match Test series 1-0 vs India. The next match is scheduled to be held in Bengaluru.

India vs Australia: Sridharan Sriram Tips Worked Wonders For Steve O'Keefe

Sridharan Sriram is the spin consultant for the Australian cricket team. His tips have worked wonders for the visiting team against India in the first Test at Pune where Australia decimated India to win by 333 runs at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium. Sriram, who has been credited for Steve O'Keefe's sensational performance, feels it's not the name of a coach but his inputs that earn him respect from players. O'Keefe picked up 12 wickets in Pune, six in each innings, for which he was named Man-of-the-Match.

Sriram, who played 8 ODIs for India during early part of the last decade, is considered the guiding force behind left-arm spinner O'Keefe's match-winning figures of 12 for 70 in Australia's 333-run win in the first Test against India.

"I don't think the name really matters, does it? How does a name matter? I mean, I come in and if I talk sense they listen to me, if I talk bull**** they don't. It's as simple as that," Sriram said on Monday when asked if he has faced problems of acceptability considering he is not a big name.

"I think it's taken time... They have really been open. That's the best thing about this Australian team. They have been open to listening first. And then obviously I made sense a little bit and they started listening and they started trying out things in the nets and saw that it worked for them and I think that's how it's gone," said Sriram.

"I have a chat with everyone, it is not just the spinners, that is the freedom I get from my head coach which is amazing so I can chat to anyone if I feel there is something they should do, I go up to them and suggest and it is up to them if they implement it or not, some say no some say yes, I am willing to try and prolong the conversation," Sriram sounded practical in his approach.

Sriram said O'Keefe's success should be attributed to his "preparedness" and "willingness to experiment".

Asked what exactly did O'Keefe change, Sriram said: "Not necessarily change, more I would use the word adapt. Because India is such a big country, there's no one-stop solution. If you say 'this will work', it is not going to work. So you have just got to adapt on the go. You have got to see what works for you on that day.

"And so I think that's where O'Keefe really scored, because he was well-prepared. He was prepared to experiment, he was prepared to sort of try different things in the nets. Which goes back to our time in Chennai in 2015. So, I think he knew that he had to come with an open mind for every day of a Test Match. What works on day one may not work on day three. He knows that. I think that's his biggest strength," said Sriram.

O'Keefe was seen bowling during the second day's lunch break with Sriram keeping a close eye on him. He didn't have a good first session when KL Rahul had taken him on.

So what did he tell O'Keefe at the break, Sriram said: "I came down from the viewing area and I knew he (O'Keefe) was a little disturbed. He was walking around. I didn't know whether to really speak to him or not. But the conversation happened and he said 'I think I need to have a bowl with you in the centre'."

"He told me he was a bit nervous to start off and he was in his comfort zone and trying to bowl as he would do in Australia. But, I said 'Sok (O'Keefe's nickname), what do you think you need on this wicket?' and he said 'I need to go a little bit rounder and quicker'. And I just said to him 'go for it mate' because you know what you can do and you know what you need to do. Just go for it. And I think he adapted beautifully."

Sriram said when he wasn't directly working with O'Keefe, he was still tracking his Sheffield Shield performances on Cricket Australia's website.

"I have not been with him right through. I've seen him in patches. But the good thing is, you can even follow him bowling in the Sheffield Shield game because I can see it on Cricket Australia's website. I can see what he's doing.

"So I've been following him quite a bit in that I have watched even some games live, I've watched the Sheffield Shield games. So, I think he wanted it badly. He knew that he was the sort of sub-continent expert that the Australians were looking for and he knew that he had to play over here, so I think he sort of stepped up to that beautifully."

Talking about the team's preparation in Dubai, Sriram said: "You prepare for the worst. Then if you get the best, you go for it. But I think the preparation in Dubai was excellent. We prepared different tracks. We made a rough. We made rank turners. We made slow and low pitches. So I think it was a great preparation in terms of trying different surfaces and being prepared for whatever you get."

On a lighter note, he was asked if this was the worst pitch that he has seen, the former Tamil Nadu stalwart said, "I can't speak about one particular match. But I've seen worse than this. I can tell you."

Is Indian cricket team management to be blamed for poor Pune wicket in 1st Test?

Indian cricket team’s senior management has been accused of allegedly“hijacking” preparation of MCA Stadium pitch to dry it out and create a rank turner

India vs Australia

Pune’s Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) Stadium made its debut as a Test venue as Australia beat India in the first of a four-Test series. Unfortunately, the 333-run capitulation of the home team under intense pressure from Aussie spinners Steve O’Keefe and Nathan Lyon meant the turning track has come under scanner in the first Test played on it.

Ahead of the start of the match on February 23, legendary Aussie spinner Shane Warne commented that the pitch looked like an “eighth day wicket” while former Indian batsman Sunil Gavaskar and Sanjay Manjrekar seemed just surprised at the extremely dry state of the pitch.

Warne had predicted that the worse the pitch would get with wear and tear of play, the better it would become for the Australian team to compete against the home side.

This was proved true as Australia eventually bundled the Indian batsman out for a paltry 105 in their first innings and 107 in their second with O’Keefe claiming figures of 6/35 in each innings.

MCA’s claims

In the aftermath of explaining what went wrong, the wicket was severely criticised for falling apart.

Now with a poor reputation to take away from the first Test hosted in the Pune stadium, MCA officials have spoken out that it was in fact senior members of the Indian team management who were responsible for the poor condition of the pitch and that the preparations of the wicket had been “hijacked” days before the match began to dry out the turf and weed out most of the grass.

“When the MCA refused to prepare a rank turner, a senior member of the team management took the issue to the state association curator Pandurang Salgaonkar. When he too resisted, the matter was placed before the BCCI curators (Daljit Singh and Dhiraj Parsana; senior members of the BCCI pitches committee), but even they were a tad reluctant,” an unnamed MCA member was quoted as saying by Indian Express in a report published on Monday.

“Then, the BCCI management (not the Committee of Administrators, the cricket board employees) came into the picture. The ground staff had been ordered to remove the grass completely. Things were hijacked from the local curators,” the official went on to say.

Reduced watering

According to the official, ground staff was ordered to reduce the watering of the pitch by half for four days before the start of the match in order to dry it out gradually.

They were also told to use brushes to scrub up the surface and remove any grass on it. Cricket website ESPNCricinfo.com, in a report published on Sunday, stated that only 2mm of grass was left on the pitch.

The Pune pitch is said to naturally favour fast bowlers and requires special care from the local curators who understand the soil and the effect of the harsh Pune sun on it. Temperatures in Pune had reached 37 degrees Celsius in the days leading up to the match while the pitch was being forcefully dried out.

MCA’s requests fall to deaf ears

The MCA official said requests to the team management not to tamper with the natural surface fell on deaf ears.

“The Pune pitch has a mixed soil. This pitch was originally laid under the guidance of Karl Johnson from the New Zealand sporting centres of excellence. Even MS Dhoni had earlier said it is more of an English wicket. But the MCA knows how to prepare it. This pitch requires a little bit of grass and some moisture to last the distance. If you remove the grass completely, it becomes spiteful, while retaining its bounce. But these people were determined to have a completely bald surface,” the MCA official said.

Before the match, curator Pandurang Salgaonkar had predicted the Test to last five days and assist spinners only from the fourth day.

He was peeved when asked about the pitch after the Test ended on the third day and had told reporters in company to “Ask Daljit [Singh]” about the pitch.

In a report published by website CricketNext on Monday, Salgaonkar was quoted as saying that he warned BCCI about the condition of the pitch.

“I had clearly warned the BCCI against preparing a bald and dry pitch. I don’t want to take names, but I had told them that not watering the pitch and removing the grass cover could have a detrimental effect. I know deep within that I had tried my best to make them understand,” Salgaonkar was quoted as saying by News18’s CricketNext.

The report also says he was asked why he, as curator and person in-charge of preparing the wicket, did not object to the interference.

To this he replied: “Well, what can I do? The fact is that we are reduced to helpers ahead of an international match and we have to follow the instruction of the BCCI pitch committee members present to oversee the preparation. My job was to follow their instruction and I did that.”

21 hours ago, Vaampire said:

warner and smith will blast...

India Vs Australia: ICC Match Referee Rates Pune Pitch As Poor

India lost the first Test at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune by 333 runs to Australia.

India vs Australia: ICC Match Referee Rates Pune Pitch as Poor

The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Tuesday announced that Chris Broad, who was the match referee for the first Test between India and Australia in Pune, has rated the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium pitch as 'poor'. Broad, in accordance with Clause 3 of the ICC Pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process, submitted his report to the ICC in which he expressed concern over the quality of the pitch. The report has been forwarded to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which now has 14 days to provide its response.

The BCCI's response will be reviewed by ICC's General Manager (Cricket) Geoff Allardice and Ranjan Madugalle from the Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees.

The matter will be decided in accordance with Clause 4 of the process.

India lost the first of the four Tests against Australia by a massive margin of 333 runs in Pune. The match got over in just about two-and-a-half-days of cricket.

While nine wickets fell on the rank turner on Day 1 of the Test on February 23, 15 fell on the second day. A total of 16 wickets fell on the third day and play got over just after tea.

Australia now lead the four-match series 1-0 with the next match to be played from March 4 at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. The last two Test matches will be played in Ranchi and Dharamsala.

India vs Australia 2017: Hardik Pandya and Kuldeep Yadav released by BCCI, feature in Vijay Hazare Trophy

The duo is expected to join back the national team before India vs Australia 2nd Test match at Bengaluru

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) released two players, Hardik Pandya and Kuldeep Yadav, from the squad. The duo featured in the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy for Baroda and Uttar Pradesh respectively. The players, however, are expected to join back the national team on March 02 before the second India vs Australia Test match at Bengaluru.

The duo did not feature in the opening Test at Pune and thus to gain some match fitness BCCI has released these two players. Pandya turned up for Baroda against Punjab and proved handy with the ball picking 3/26 in the winning cause. However, the all-rounder failed to impress with the bat and scored only 16 runs off 24 balls.

On the other hand, Yadav, the leg-spinner, picked 2/32 against Tripura but could not help his side defend paltry 198. Yadav, however, did a fine job with bat sharing a valuable 90-run stand with Sarfaraz Khan. Yadav came to bat with UP struggling at 39 for six and scored 35 off 56 balls while Sarfaraz scored a century.

Pandya is yet to make his Test debut despite being a regular in limited-overs time. He has been with the Test squad for some time now.

The second Test takes place on March 04. Visitors Australia lead the four-match series 1-0 after winning the Pune Test by a huge margin of 33 runs.

India v Australia, 2nd Test, Bengaluru

Both teams face higher expectations in Bengaluru

Big Picture

It was no surprise that a spinner took 12 wickets and was Man of the Match in the first Test in Pune. Nor was it a surprise that the winning captain scored the only hundred of the match. It was not even particularly surprising that the Test was over in two and a half days. What was surprising - flabbergasting, even - was that the spinner was not R Ashwin or Ravindra Jadeja but Steve O'Keefe, the captain was not Virat Kohli but Steven Smith, and the team with a 1-0 lead after less than three days of play in this series was not India but Australia.

"The pressure was off us, wasn't it? Everyone wrote us off and expected India to win 4-0. That can't happen anymore." Never a truer word was spoken than those from Smith after the Pune Test. But if it was true that the pressure was off Australia in that match, it is no longer the case in Bengaluru, where the expectations on Australia will be high. Not only did they beat India in Pune, they dominated in all aspects of the game. They more than doubled India's total in each innings, the spinners were more effective, their catching was sharper, even their use of the DRS was more assured.

Pressure was on Kohli's mind after the match, too. "How badly we batted in the first innings is the main reason why we couldn't get back into the game," he said. "We put ourselves under a lot of pressure." The intensity will only increase in Bengaluru, where Australia are in the unexpected position of being able to retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by the halfway point of the series. Kohli's men must find a way to turn around their fortunes quickly, or else an ignominious fate awaits them.

So, was Pune an aberration? What surprises will Bengaluru have in store? It is the only venue in this series that has hosted Test cricket before, and it is a ground at which past Australia teams have enjoyed success. Much speculation has surrounded the nature of the pitch at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in the lead-up to the match, especially given Australia's triumph on the dry, spinning surface in the first Test. What will be in it? Sharp spin? Reverse swing? Piles of runs? It should be fun finding out.

Form guide

India: LWWWW (last five completed matches, most recent first)

Australia: WWWWW

In the spotlight

Last time India hosted Australia in a Bengaluru Test, back in 2010, Cheteshwar Pujara made his debut. On Australia's next Test tour of India, Pujara destroyed the visitors in Hyderabad with 204 and a monstrous triple-century partnership with M Vijay. And he began this home season well, with three straight half-centuries against New Zealand and then hundreds in the next three Tests against New Zealand and England. But since then, Pujara's season has quietened down a little, and India would desperately love for their No. 3 to return to his best in this match, at the venue where his Test career began against this same opposition.

Steve O'Keefe was Man of the Match in Pune for his twin 6 for 35s, but on a very difficult batting pitch Steven Smith stood head and shoulders above any other batsman with his 109. Only two Australians had previously made second-innings hundreds in Tests in India: Mark Taylor and Damien Martyn. Not only that but Smith's effort lifted him into truly elite company on the ICC's all-time batting rankings; only five batsmen have ever achieved ratings points higher than Smith's current level: Don Bradman, Len Hutton, Jack Hobbs, Ricky Ponting and Peter May. He will enter the Bengaluru Test with a batting average of 60.34 - not bad for a bloke who started as a legspinner batting at No.8.

Team news

Hardik Pandya has a shoulder niggle and is not in contention, but the remainder of India's squad is available for this Test. It remains to be seen whether the selectors give the same XI another chance after their disappointing performance in Pune.

India (possible) 1 KL Rahul, 2 M Vijay, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli (capt), 5 Ajinkya Rahane, 6 Wriddiman Saha (wk), 7 R Ashwin, 8 Ravindra Jadeja, 9 Jayant Yadav, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Umesh Yadav.

Australia announced an unchanged XI on the eve of the second Test, retaining Mitchell Marsh, whose bowling services were not exploited in Pune.

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Matt Renshaw, 3 Steven Smith (capt), 4 Shaun Marsh, 5 Peter Handscomb, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Matthew Wade (wk), 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Steve O'Keefe, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Josh Hazlewood.

Pitch and conditions

There has been so much discussion and speculation about the pitch that India's coach, Anil Kumble, got fed up during his press conference in the lead-up to the Test. "Can we move on? It's only 22 yards, it won't be different here," he said. Both teams expect a better batting surface than in Pune, but it will still be dry and should take plenty of turn.

Australia name unchanged XI for second Test

Australia have named an unchanged playing XI on the eve of the second Test in Bangalore. After gaining an early 1-0 lead in the four-match series following Australia's 333-run win in Pune, Steve Smith, confirmed that the visitors will retain the same side despite the expectedly different wicket at the M Chinnaswamy stadium.

"It looks a little bit different to the last one (in Pune)," Smith said on Friday (March 3). "I think they were going to cut a little bit more of the grass off, but it looks like a wicket that will have a bit more pace and carry as the game goes on. It will take a bit more spin, but it looks like a wicket that is quite similar to what England played on recently (during their five-Test tour to India late last year) where first innings runs are going to be crucial.

"If you can go big in the first innings it will set the team up. I think this one is more likely going to be one where we are going to have to go really big, but it could be totally different. It could play totally different to what we think at the moment. It's about being able to sum it up and being adaptable and being able to communicate straight away what we think the wicket is like," he added.

Smith, whose side sprung a surprise in the first Test after resounding predictions of a whitewash on their tour of India, believed that while Australia need to continue to do the same things they did in the first Test, India were under a bit of pressure themselves with the weight of expectation boring down upon them.

"I think they will feel under a little bit of pressure," Smith said. "Obviously going into this series, all I heard was four-nil to them. So they're one down and need to come back. We're one win away from retaining the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, so things can happen pretty quickly here.

"The way we played last week was such a positive sign. It was a difficult wicket and we showed them we can compete in those conditions. And more importantly, we probably showed ourselves as well. For us it's about continuing to do the same things, and make sure our plans are in place for both innings, and they can change. We saw that in the last Test (at Pune). In the first innings, guys were a little bit more defensive then once we got a bit ahead of the game and conditions got a bit more difficult, that's when you probably need to pull out some different shots. But you almost need to have that similar mindset (when you're not)," he added.

The third Test will be played in Ranchi from March 16, while the final Test will be held in Dharamsala from March 25.

Australia XI: David Warner, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith (c), Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.