Do parents deserve their children?

VizagRocks

10 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

I wonder then, why do parents even have their kids? put them through the horrible choice of having to do deal with civilization in all its contradictions and complexities?

I will try to squeeze my answer into a single post. 

All humans are wired to procreate. The end goal of everything that a human does is procreation. In an everyday-scale it manifests in the form of sexual desire. On a longer term it manifests as a desire to have some form of continuation of yourself, which is why people feel the need to have kids after a certain age. The central goal of any living species is the continuation of its existence, both as an individual and as a group.

To answer your actual question, parents do not know if they deserve to have heir progenies. It is their inherent gene that is acting and manifesting in the form of a family and a society. 

As the human race began evolve and grow, the extent of dependency on each other was being realized and small groups started being formed. These groups ensured that they supported each other, and protected themselves from outside forces. The groups obviously had similar interests. 

From here, I do not think I need to extrapolate and lay it down for you. It is obvious. 

So if a parent is bringing a child into a civilization and leaving it in the mess, don't ask the parent. Ask the parent's gene. Or even better, ask your own genes or the genes of the child.

3 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

That also raises another question. What happens to kids who are not bound by any irrational thoughts of their families? Did they achieve anything special by having freedom and by not forcing to follow the path that their parents wished?

Achievement, as defined by the society, itself is not a useful parameter. Anyway, that is why how to raise kids as independent thinkers is the biggest question of our civilization. One that we may never find answers to.

For example, I see this kind of emotional blackmail (that happens inside a family) across groups of all sizes. within a country, within an organization. Its like people prefer to be sheep, and would want their kids to be sheep too (unless they don't like their flock), in which case, they want their kids to chose a better flock.

2 minutes ago, MindRinger said:

I will try to squeeze my answer into a single post. 

All humans are wired to procreate. The end goal of everything that a human does is procreation. In an everyday-scale it manifests in the form of sexual desire. On a longer term it manifests as a desire to have some form of continuation of yourself, which is why people feel the need to have kids after a certain age. The central goal of any living species is the continuation of its existence, both as an individual and as a group.

To answer your actual question, parents do not know if they deserve to have heir progenies. It is their inherent gene that is acting and manifesting in the form of a family and a society. 

As the human race began evolve and grow, the extent of dependency on each other was being realized and small groups started being formed. These groups ensured that they supported each other, and protected themselves from outside forces. The groups obviously had similar interests. 

From here, I do not think I need to extrapolate and lay it down for you. It is obvious. 

So if a parent is bringing a child into a civilization and leaving it in the mess, don't ask the parent. Ask the parent's gene. Or even better, ask your own genes or the genes of the child.

This may have been true when there were only a few people living in the world. Now the world is awash with billions. majority of whom are living in abject poverty. Anyway the question has nothing to do with genetics. And the notion that humans are wired to procreate is not an easily testable hypothesis. wirings can change all the time. Which is why richer western countries have less and less babies.

The question has to do with how babies are raised to fit into a particular society, when that society can be at best described as amoral. However when the kid realises this by the time he's 12/13, he/she's forced to still play the game, and can't ever leave the society or agitate against it in any useful way. apart from raising silly slogans as a liberal/feminist/LGBT activist etc.

2 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Achievement, as defined by the society, itself is not a useful parameter. Anyway, that is why how to raise kids as independent thinkers is the biggest question of our civilization. One that we may never find answers to.

For example, I see this kind of emotional blackmail (that happens inside a family) across groups of all sizes. within a country, within an organization. Its like people prefer to be sheep, and would want their kids to be sheep too (unless they don't like their flock), in which case, they want their kids to chose a better flock.

Okay, we are living in generation in which everything we do is categorized as either achievement or failure. Every time a parent fails at something, he/she only thinks of the kid they have as next best resource to give one more shot at that something. Unfortunately that something changes as time changes and depends on how society see those achievements. 

I guess it is ego that is driving this world. People who failed want their kids to become successful and satisfy their ego. I believe that is the point in bloodline when families have more flexibility to do whatever they want and deviate from the traditional paths. 

every parent I know, tells their kids, how hard work and persistence is important to survive in this world, when its obvious to any thinking kid of 13+ that majority of these roadblocks against an individual flourishing in any society, are put in by the same society that his/her parent wants him/her to conform to.

In other words, conform to the society now, and in the future you can dictate terms to another teenager who wants to do something entirely different. break his/her spirit, enslave them (metaphorically).

This is like a ponzi scheme. Like the bunch of people who make fun of Amway here in this db. Your bringing a child into this world is almost the same as signing him/her up to that Amway program.