missed health insurance . alterates other than fine to IRS??

jijang_bijang

1 hour ago, Chamak_Chandra said:

did you file standard or itemized ... ?     standard you dont have option to say you dont have insurance .... ?   my friend didnt had insurance for whole year ....   not sure  if he had to pay any fine ( he did standard tax file ) ....... 

Bhayya turbo tax is asking about insurance even if you do standard deduction. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chamak_Chandra

• Spartan

• ICANWIN

• bhaigan

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, sivanadha said:

Bhayya turbo tax is asking about insurance even if you do standard deduction. 

maa frnd gadu did standard filing and tried with and without insurance in turbo tax and there is no  deduction in tax returns .................................

as per obama care in effect for 2016

The fee for not having health insurance in 2016 & 2017

The fee is calculated 2 different ways – as a percentage of your household income, and per person. You’ll pay whichever is higher.

Percentage of income

• 2.5% of household income
  • Maximum: Total yearly premium for the national average price of a Bronze plan sold through the Marketplace

Per person

• $695 per adult
  • $347.50 per child under 18
  • Maximum: $2,085

• If you have coverage for part of the year, the fee is 1/12 of the annual amount for each month you (or your tax dependents) don’t have coverage. If you’re uncovered only 1 or 2 months, you don’t have to pay the fee at all. Learn about the “short gap” exemption.
  • If you believe you qualify for short gap exemption, download Form 8965 and instructions and file tax returns including them.
  • You pay the fee when you file your federal tax return for the year you don’t have coverage.

Maa drinks buddy okathanu Jan 2016 and Dec 2016 lo wfh chesaadu india nunchi , fte kaadu so elaguu US lo lenu kada ani insurance terminate chesaadu malla vachaka resume cheskovachu ani

taxes appudu evaroo ilaa ine gurinchi chebthey thega research chesaadu, last ki H&R block odu em parley u will not be paying taxes 

u are eligible for short gap exemption as u were not inside the country ani fine lekunda chesaadu

cheppochedhi entante  US lo undi kooda 2 max 2 months health insurance lekunda undochu and still not have to pay fine

2 hours ago, ICANWIN said:

GP. Just curious ..how do they know we  have or don't have health insurance? How do they calculate fine ? We do not claim as expense if we are paying insurance even with employer so fine deniki pay cheyali if we dont have insurance? can we claim for  health insurance if we are paying ? i never did 

last year 1095b or 1099HC form submit cheiyali, last year first time kabati koncham lite tesukunnaru IRS vadu CA declare chesindhi nammadu or kontha mandiki letters pampadu proof chupamani, ee year must and should. Nee Health domain lo work chestha ee 1095b project naka icharu last year in my company

ori me eshalo..IRS ki me insurance gurinchi ela telsu ani adgutarendi...

IRS ki me first name last name, DOB unte chalu..

it will get info from companies. in case vallaki ne info dorakkapote, they will ask u to submit the insurance form 1095 which will be sent by ur insurance company.

adi pampinchakapote appudu fine vestaru.

6 minutes ago, krishna0125 said:

last year 1095b or 1099HC form submit cheiyali, last year first time kabati koncham lite tesukunnaru IRS vadu CA declare chesindhi nammadu or kontha mandiki letters pampadu proof chupamani, ee year must and should. Nee Health domain lo work chestha ee 1095b project naka icharu last year in my company

The above forms tax filing time lo submit cheyala? I haven't submitted these last year..should i be checking about submitting these while i file taxes this year?

1 minute ago, ICANWIN said:

The above forms tax filing time lo submit cheyala? I haven't submitted these last year..should i be checking about submitting these while i file taxes this year?

no need to submit specifically. only if they ask..so keep them for records.

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Malla keeping for records enti ? Ivi insurance provider deggara nunchi techukovala? soorry for my ignorance silent_I1

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

ya looks like ee year kuda koncham lite tesukunadu IRS vadu, may be some of the insurance companies are not ready yet with process

3. Must I wait to file until I receive these forms?

If you are expecting to receive a Form 1095-A, you should wait to file your 2016 income tax return until you receive that form.  However, it is not necessary to wait for Forms 1095-B or 1095-C in order to file.

Some taxpayers may not receive a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C by the time they are ready to file their 2016 tax return. While the information on these forms may assist in preparing a return, they are not required. Individual taxpayers should not wait for these forms and file their returns as they normally would.

Like last year, taxpayers can prepare and file their returns using other information about their health insurance. You should not attach any of these forms to your tax return.

6 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

Malla keeping for records enti ? Ivi insurance provider deggara nunchi techukovala? soorry for my ignorance silent_I1

vallu pampistaru kada by default..if u didnt get that..u can request one.

same like W2 its mandatory for them to send that to u.

2 minutes ago, krishna0125 said:

ya looks like ee year kuda koncham lite tesukunadu IRS vadu, may be some of the insurance companies are not ready yet with process

3. Must I wait to file until I receive these forms?

If you are expecting to receive a Form 1095-A, you should wait to file your 2016 income tax return until you receive that form.  However, it is not necessary to wait for Forms 1095-B or 1095-C in order to file.

Some taxpayers may not receive a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C by the time they are ready to file their 2016 tax return. While the information on these forms may assist in preparing a return, they are not required. Individual taxpayers should not wait for these forms and file their returns as they normally would.

Like last year, taxpayers can prepare and file their returns using other information about their health insurance. You should not attach any of these forms to your tax return.

yes

17 minutes ago, Spartan said:

vallu pampistaru kada by default..if u didnt get that..u can request one.

same like W2 its mandatory for them to send that to u.

i never ever got these ...i will check with my provider..ty

14 hours ago, jijang_bijang said:

last year chuskokunda 3 months insurance miss chesa. tax filing lo fine esi dobbadu. IRS ki fine kattadma tappa vere alternates emaina unnaya

Na experience cheptunna bhayya, naku last year only 3 months e unde insurance. Itemize chesa e year ma CPA gadu em cheppadu ante poyedi em ledu neeku, Undi ani cheppi file cheddam audit ki vaste fine kadthav,rakapothe manchidi kada ani annadu.

Ala chaala mandini chusa bhayya lekunna unna ani cheppatam, kani manam itemize chese appudu jagrathaga kakkurthi padakunda takku claim cheskovali audit ki rakunda.

Just now, Brahmasmi said:

Na experience cheptunna bhayya, naku last year only 3 months e unde insurance. Itemize chesa e year ma CPA gadu em cheppadu ante poyedi em ledu neeku, Undi ani cheppi file cheddam audit ki vaste fine kadthav,rakapothe manchidi kada ani annadu.

Ala chaala mandini chusa bhayya lekunna unna ani cheppatam, kani manam itemize chese appudu jagrathaga kakkurthi padakunda takku claim cheskovali audit ki rakunda.

BTW naaku dabbulu pampesaru ai aar yes vallu

11 hours ago, Spartan said:

GP. kani HR block vadu check chestunadu. employer insurance form chopinchu ani.