Car leasing option or car buying ?

samaja_varagamana

Buy 1 or 2yr old Certified Pre-Owned cars with around 15k miles. There will be factory bumper-to-bumper warranty left and also they give more warranty on the power train, like for 7 years. And you dont have to worry about miles.

Leasing is good
1. if you want expensive cars
2. you are not sure about your immigration etc and want to know the worst case loss (keep paying monthly lease until the end)
3. If your car is involved in an accident and gets totaled, you can just return it at the end of the lease.
4. If you get some really bad car with many defects, you can get rid of it without any issues. Eg. Some latest CRVs have issues with engine.
5. if there is a good deal like zero down payment and very less monthly lease
6. And I think you pay taxes only on the monthly lease fee and not on the total car cost.

It is hard to negotiate on the leasing prices. You have to negotiate on the initial cost of the vehicle, interest rate and the final residual value after 3 years. Thats why dealers love to lease cars because they can win in this negotiation process and also they will have a used car to sell at the end of the lease when you return it.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samaja_varagamana

• kiraak_poradu

• Amrita

• panipoori

2 minutes ago, coffeeabhi said:

Buy 1 or 2yr old Certified Pre-Owned cars with around 15k miles. There will be factory bumper-to-bumper warranty left and also they give more warranty on the power train, like for 7 years. And you dont have to worry about miles.

Leasing is good
2. you are not sure about your immigration etc and want to know the worst case loss (keep paying monthly lease until the end)
3. If your car is involved in an accident and gets totaled, you can just return it at the end of the lease.
4. If you get some really bad car with many defects, you can get rid of it without any issues. Eg. Some latest CRVs have issues with engine.
6. And I think you pay taxes only on the monthly lease fee and not on the total car cost.

It is hard to negotiate on the leasing prices. You have to negotiate on the initial cost of the vehicle, interest rate and the final residual value after 3 years. Thats why dealers love to lease cars because they can win in this negotiation process and also they will have a used car to sell at the end of the lease when you return it.

pichekinchav bl@stbl@st

40 minutes ago, coffeeabhi said:

Leasing is good

nenu bhi idhi cheppina

panipoori

20 minutes ago, coffeeabhi said:

Nuvvu cheppindhi 2nd hand. Nenu cheppindhi CPO. They are somewhat different 😊

Yeah I didn't include certification..he can get it certified before purchasing also..but naa gist ade..

panipoori

3 minutes ago, panipoori said:

Yeah I didn't include certification..he can get it certified before purchasing also..but naa gist ade..

panipoori

2nd hand car ni mechanics daggariki theeskelthe $100 theeskoni verify chesthaaru. Dealers Certify chesthaaraa?

1 hour ago, coffeeabhi said:

Leasing is good

very well said, but you can't actually negotiate MF(Interest rate) and Residual value as they are set by the manufacturers. Dealers do inflate them but if you have the correct information from manufacturer , you can call the dealer out of his deception. the trick is to get negotiate MSRP and search for all available incentives that you are eligible for. 

i've been leasing cars from past 6 years, i usually dont keep them after 2 years and transfer the lease. It's fun for me to search for deals and negotiate the terms, well If I have a GC, I would've been a part time lease broker and earning side income. :) 

7 minutes ago, coffeeabhi said:

2nd hand car ni mechanics daggariki theeskelthe $100 theeskoni verify chesthaaru. Dealers Certify chesthaaraa?

They do ...you gotta pay ante depends what type of inspection you want

2 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

very well said, but you can't actually negotiate MF(Interest rate) and Residual value as they are set by the manufacturers. Dealers do inflate them but if you have the correct information from manufacturer , you can call the dealer out of his deception. the trick is to get negotiate MSRP and search for all available incentives that you are eligible for. 

i've been leasing cars from past 6 years, i usually dont keep them after 2 years and transfer the lease. It's fun for me to search for deals and negotiate the terms, well If I have a GC, I would've been a part time lease broker and earning side income. :) 

Haha.. it' actually fun...kaani anta sepu argue cheyadaaniki patience vndaali

panipoori

3 minutes ago, panipoori said:

Haha.. it' actually fun...kaani anta sepu argue cheyadaaniki patience vndaali

panipoori

never ever step in to dealership, unless you are signing contract papers. I spent < 30 min at dealership when I leased last 3 times. I do all my dealing via email, texts and not even calls. some dealer won't bite, but hey when you present them with a deal few hundred miles away from your zip code, they will come down and fold!

14 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

never ever step in to dealership, unless you are signing contract papers. I spent < 30 min at dealership when I leased last 3 times. I do all my dealing via email, texts and not even calls. some dealer won't bite, but hey when you present them with a deal few hundred miles away from your zip code, they will come down and fold!

Tell me how do you get out of the lease, where do you find those people swaplease lona?

5 minutes ago, panipoori said:

Tell me how do you get out of the lease, where do you find those people swaplease lona?

Mostly car forums. I tend to be active in the forums related to cars I lease. Many ppl are looking to buy/ take over lease of that specific car, so obviously it's the first place i post. 

If that doesn't work, try FB market place, local sell/buy groups, Craigslist. Then try to get quotes from carvana,vroom. I was able to get back $2k wen i leased a wrangler and sold it to carvana instead of turning it in at lease end. 

Last, go for swapalease, leasetrader where u have to pay money to trade ur lease. Never went that far as I usually lease for far less than others and ppl took over my lease in  car forums. 

17 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

Mostly car forums. I tend to be active in the forums related to cars I lease. Many ppl are looking to buy/ take over lease of that specific car, so obviously it's the first place i post. 

If that doesn't work, try FB market place, local sell/buy groups, Craigslist. Then try to get quotes from carvana,vroom. I was able to get back $2k wen i leased a wrangler and sold it to carvana instead of turning it in at lease end. 

Last, go for swapalease, leasetrader where u have to pay money to trade ur lease. Never went that far as I usually lease for far less than others and ppl took over my lease in  car forums. 

Good info!! Thanks mate!!

56 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

check u r pm