Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg on AI

Batman_fan

18 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Musk talks like he's still in his college dorm room, with his nerdy friends. That's his USP.

why so many investors are coming forward to invest in his space x firm? are they all nerds too?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• siru

• Batman_fan

• sattipandu

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

why so many investors are coming forward to invest in his space x firm? are they all nerds too?

Tom Mueller, for the most part.

28 minutes ago, sattipandu said:

musk cant code , ok i'll give you that

but the way Musk looks at a problem is fundamentally wayy wayyy different from anyone.

I will side with Musk on this, AI is here to stay but wont be mature enough for another 30 yrs to carve a niche in the society without deposing human jobs 

to say someone like Mark has limited knowledge while he himself cant write AI code..sounds pretentious to me.

33 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Musk is Iron Man redux. He can learn to write AI training algos in a single night if he wants to.

like he self taught rocket science but i m sure he is no rocket scientist just becuase he learned how it works....its awesome that he has a great vision but he definitely has limitations on what he can do.

Just now, siru said:

like he self taught rocket science but i m sure he is not rocket scientist just becuase he learned how it works....its awesome that he has a great vision but he definitely has limitations on what he can do.

definitely man. The guy is amazing. no doubt.

but he's a manager. Not an engineer or a scientist.

Just now, lazybugger said:

definitely man. The guy is amazing. no doubt.

but he's a manager. Not an engineer or a scientist.

yes..better version of  Steve Jobs 

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

insanely better version. and not an asshole. atleast from a nerdy perspective.

hehe true...i didnt want to upset any jobs fans here so went easy 

1 hour ago, lazybugger said:

AI will fcuk with human society.

But it won't be Musk or Google or Mark who'll pioneer it. Anyone who's warning of AI 'danger' is only trying to control that research by defining its boundaries.

this thread has  pretty good discussion going on

Elon Musk is absolutely right here. No one denies the plausibility of AI replacing pretty much every human activity we know that exists today, and that's what is going to happen eventually. Mark Zuckerberg is just going around in circles here trying to deny the obvious. 

Ray Kurzweil has already predicted that by the turn of this century it would be impossible to distinguish between a human and a humanoid, including humanoids ability to have what we term as consciousness. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Elon Musk is absolutely right here. No one denies the plausibility of AI replacing pretty much every human activity we know that exists today, and that's what is going to happen eventually. Mark Zuckerberg is just going around in circles here trying to deny the obvious. 

pretty much every conversation on AI by non neuroscientists, or non computer scientists is loaded with bullshit.

I didn't read what Musk had to say, and won't. But I understand where he's coming from (based on the title). He wants to have a major say in development of AI. Its the next battle. not battery cars or space missions. he realised it.