US lo dental issue

insighter242

Babulu ..need some dental work done in chicago area , mostly fillings needed I guess .

So far in my research  :

• Finding cleaning deals on groupon and then negotiating with them seems to be one option
  • finding dental plans which become effective immediately seems to be other way , but most of them just got very bad reviews 

• Any other ways that you or your family personally tried and liked ??? 

Thanks guys

3 hours ago, insighter242 said:

Babulu ..need some dental work done in chicago area , mostly fillings needed I guess .

So far in my research  :

• Finding cleaning deals on groupon and then negotiating with them seems to be one option
  • finding dental plans which become effective immediately seems to be other way , but most of them just got very bad reviews 

• Any other ways that you or your family personally tried and liked ??? 

Thanks guys

go to a dentist... speak with the receptionist about what is the cost of the fillings etc... then tell that you don't have insurance and can't pay full amount....usually receptionist at dental  don't send away potential patients (because they come back later).. they will ask how you can pay and how much after "discount"... you can work out a monthly payment scheme to repay.. Try to go to dentist who is chinese or indian.. avoid american because they usually look down on immigrant patients..

I did this..even though i had insurance my bill was around $500... I said I can't pay at once.. so they said pay $350 and rest they will negotiate with insurance company...