OPT extension denied - first application rejected for no fault

AravaAbhimani

On Fri Oct 06 2017 at 5:00 PM, AravaAbhimani said:
Here is what happened

1. I have applied for OPT extension in the beginning of June. USCIS rejected my case because I sent an incorrect fee and sent all the documents back to me, but I sent the correct fee (I have the first money order with me)

2. I received the rejection notice on July 4th and Immediately sent all the documents to USCIS with new money order through overnight shipping  on July 5th. 

3. They received my application on July 6th and sent a I-797 notice on July 17th that they accepted my documents.(My OPT Expiry date is July 5)

4. On September 19th they changed my case status to 'New card is being processed'.(I don't know why it is approved first)

5. On October 2nd they changed the status to 'Decision Notice Mailed'. I received a notice today saying that i did not send my documents in a timely manner as my 12 month OPT got expired on July 5th. 

Can anyone suggest me what should i do in this situation. My OPT extension is denied although i have sent all my  time when i applied first time. But USCIS rejected my application first time for no fault of mine as I sent a correct fee. Please find the attachment for Money order.

what are chances of approving if i open MTR? Did anyone know of similar issue.

Evaraina MTR apply cheste cheppandi please.

InkedOPT_FEE_LI.jpg

You need lawyer 

• 9 months later...