**Help** DB lo evaryna DevOps Engineers unnara***

HaNk

11 hours ago, HaNk said:

My Story graduated Bachelor's in 2011, Then worked as a Unix admin in India no programming experience. Moved to US in 2016 done with ma Masters here.. Now on OPT with an employer Looking for a career in DevOps, The help i need is i want to develop the skills unlike relying on support and taking support. I want to learn the business, workflow, and develop other required skills. Now i am prepping for the AWS SysOps associate certification. 
So valuable suggestions needed, if there are anyone willing to help me on giving some KT's or valuable documents and stuff like that will be greatly appreciated. 
Please help!

sorry for late reply

Did you find any trainer for DevOPs ?  I am in the same situation like you , Have experiance as Sys admin and looking for trainer to improve my knowledge 

31 minutes ago, chicagosubbu said:

Did you find any trainer for DevOPs ?  I am in the same situation like you , Have experiance as Sys admin and looking for trainer to improve my knowledge 

I got trained by someone from India, which i would say is not that productive. He skipped many of the essential tools and skills required for DevOps. Lesson learnt! Now prepping on my own online.
Watch out for these links, which might help :
https://hackernoon.com/the-roadmap-to-become-a-devops-dude-from-server-to-serverless-dd97420f640e

On 10/20/2017 at 9:14 PM, Lukewalker said:

I respectfully disagree that devops trend will fade in an year or so. Devops is unique and it's a process rather than just one technology or tool. It's an amalgamation of multiple approaches to simplify and automate day to day tasks, be it deployments, installs or regular resource configurations. 

However, freshers ki devops not recommended. It's a skill developed over years of experience as a infrastructure engineer. 

Programming is always evergreen and easy to start a career as developer rather than a devops engineer. 

Simple explanation enti ante junior developer ani requirements untayi kaani junior devops engineer ani undav. 

Bhayya ee padam vine maa ayya nannu ECE lo join chepinchadu ippudu andaru CS ki ochhesaru

14 minutes ago, Detriotlions said:

linux acadmy 

Yeah, I will thinking in enrolling for Linux academy, But how can i get hands on knowledge? Only once i get my first project on DevOps. That's the reason i am seeking help from DevOps guys who can help me out on Hans-on, architecture, applications they have supported, issues they have faced etc

1 hour ago, HaNk said:

I got trained by someone from India, which i would say is not that productive. He skipped many of the essential tools and skills required for DevOps. Lesson learnt! Now prepping on my own online.
Watch out for these links, which might help :
https://hackernoon.com/the-roadmap-to-become-a-devops-dude-from-server-to-serverless-dd97420f640e

Thanks bro , i will check that 

On 10/20/2017 at 9:14 PM, Lukewalker said:

I respectfully disagree that devops trend will fade in an year or so. Devops is unique and it's a process rather than just one technology or tool. It's an amalgamation of multiple approaches to simplify and automate day to day tasks, be it deployments, installs or regular resource configurations. 

However, freshers ki devops not recommended. It's a skill developed over years of experience as a infrastructure engineer. 

Programming is always evergreen and easy to start a career as developer rather than a devops engineer. 

Simple explanation enti ante junior developer ani requirements untayi kaani junior devops engineer ani undav. 

+1

Devops is not a tool/technology to fade out..... It is the process you follow.... No one company has same set of tools, so no one job requirement is same... 

Having said that, Linux experience,CI/CD ,AWS/Azure, Chef/puppet,bash/python are most important to start with.... as no 2 requirements are same, its hard to recommend for anyone.... even as an experienced devops engineer, we dont know much to take all the interviews as well.... Even recruiters know this, so they see a general overview of what you know.... Most of the newbies are coming into devops these days, because requirements are more and also pay is good.

my 2cents, try to start your career in a specific field developing code or being unix admin or similar