India's Aadhar too may be heading here.

uttermost

4 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

But it seems SSN in USA is pretty successful...I have no idea aadhar or this chinese system would end up somewhere unsuccessfully..

SSN is not even close to Aadhar.

Chinese don't have a national ID like Aadhar, but willing institutions that will share people's data to let govts rank their citizens.

India can't do it because there's lot of contrarian institutions within that challenge the govts legitimacy all the time. So Aadhar is the only way.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

SSN is not even close to Aadhar.

Chinese don't have a national ID like Aadhar, but willing institutions that will share people's data to let govts rank their citizens.

India can't do it because there's lot of contrarian opinions within. So Aadhar is the only way.

Aadhara has more meaningful and useful information attached to it than Ssn.

People pls read the headline atleast, and look at the picture.

Chinese govt is going to rank its citizens based on their trust worthiness. There's even suggestions of limiting internet connections of people who are not trust worthy.

If this does not scare you (if china does it, other govts will eventually try), then you are part of the system too. I hope you have a lousy life.

5 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

How is a UID a monster ? 

I already explained how. Aadhar overrides checks and balances in a federal system, and concentrates power at the center.

9 minutes ago, uttermost said:

People pls read the headline atleast, and look at the picture.

Chinese govt is going to rank its citizens based on their trust worthiness. There's even suggestions of limiting internet connections of people who are not trust worthy.

If this does not scare you (if china does it, other govts will eventually try), then you are part of the system too. I hope you have a lousy life.

Desam lo edhavalu ekkuve unnaru trustworthiness meedha rank cheyytam lo tappu Ledu as long it is done properly.

Just now, uttermost said:

The way Aadhar is being pushed, India won't be far from such a scenario.

@3$%

Just now, RunRaajaRun123 said:

Desam lo edhavalu ekkuve unnaru trustworthiness meedha rank cheyytam lo tappu Ledu as long it is done properly.