NEVER EVER REFER YOUR HIGH TALENTED FRIENDS FOR THE SAME ROLE

pillirevanth

9 minutes ago, argadorn said:

anni cases lo nee verrithanma kaka enka emi kanapadatledhu ....sarey antah amnachodivi aitahy me akka or anna ki 2000 echi marhcipo ...every year... nee job ni risk ela unchavu vayya,,,

Rei...glass marchandi

46 minutes ago, vokatonumberkurrodu said:

nenu MS Ki vachina kothalo....seniors oka maata chepperu....

neeku ekkadaina oka position open undhi ani telisthe aa vishayam nee lone unchuko...nee friends gaani roomates gaani asalu cheppodhu ani....

adhenti ala antunnaru information share chesukovadam manchidhe kada ani....

but fact of matter is there will be some people who are not good at finding positions but if  we help them apply they can work behind our backs to get recommendations from people already working there and get that job....

US is a cutthroat world ...ikkada friend family em undadhu....evari labham valu choosukuntaru....

+1000 na experience masters lo oka professor graduate assistanship esthunadu ah position undhi ani evariki teledhu ..nenu prathi office ki velli resume drop chesi vellevadini kondaru ayitay na mundey trash lo vesaru ...thats another story ...ayitahy adhi na friend already got assistantship cheppanu ...vadu velli enko friends ki akada positions unayi antara ani cheppadu vallu velli apply chesaru but professor is very good...he reaaly liked my resume....took me...veedinimanhandle chesa..

1 hour ago, nandananditha said:

story la  cum master  mistake unadhi kani friends dhi ledhu ga

I never said the mistake is with my friends.. I still have a good feeling with my friends.. They didn't backstab me.. They didn't do anything intentionally to secure their position in any other manner.

Here the total fault is mine. I admit that. I posted my story, so that if anyone wants to refer their friends they are aware of the consequences. 

1 hour ago, vokatonumberkurrodu said:

nenu MS Ki vachina kothalo....seniors oka maata chepperu....

neeku ekkadaina oka position open undhi ani telisthe aa vishayam nee lone unchuko...nee friends gaani roomates gaani asalu cheppodhu ani....

adhenti ala antunnaru information share chesukovadam manchidhe kada ani....

but fact of matter is there will be some people who are not good at finding positions but if  we help them apply they can work behind our backs to get recommendations from people already working there and get that job....

US is a cutthroat world ...ikkada friend family em undadhu....evari labham valu choosukuntaru....

E info kanuka 2011 lo naa daggara undunte e mistakes chese vaadini kaadu..

oka sari naaa roomate and and inko friend both used to work under a professor...assistantship positions....

i think 1 guy had 20 hrs full fee waiver plus salary and my roomate had 10hr (full fee waiver but no salary) + another 10hr student job to cover expenses...

so okasari adhe proff kindha inko position padithe i applied ..appatlo gas station lo chesevadini and used to struggle for fees. roomate knew that..

one fine day the other guy called me...and said do you have any fights with your roommate... i said ledhu ra we are very close...maku em godavalu levu...kalise thintam..thaagutham...saradaga untam ani cheppenu...

then he asked...mari endhuku ra he said not to refer your name to the professor ani asked me...

i was shocked...same roommate...knows my hardship...open position in his team...but not willing to refer me to that 10 hr assistantship position....

so i told the other friend...i dont know man...then after some days this guy found out the reason...maa roomate gadi 10hr student job next semester lo ayipotundhi anta...

ippudu nenu join avuthe next semester he will still end up with 10hr assistant ship but no job to cover expenses...and sharing another 10 hr assistantship with me...

so full ga 20 hr assistantship kotteyadaniki he didnt want to refer me...

so appudu anukunna....emayithey avvanu veedi laa mathram manam undakudadhu...ani...bcoz naa basic nature is not to be selfish....

25 minutes ago, vokatonumberkurrodu said:

oka sari naaa roomate and and inko friend both used to work under a professor...assistantship positions....

i think 1 guy had 20 hrs full fee waiver plus salary and my roomate had 10hr (full fee waiver but no salary) + another 10hr student job to cover expenses...

so okasari adhe proff kindha inko position padithe i applied ..appatlo gas station lo chesevadini and used to struggle for fees. roomate knew that..

one fine day the other guy called me...and said do you have any fights with your roommate... i said ledhu ra we are very close...maku em godavalu levu...kalise thintam..thaagutham...saradaga untam ani cheppenu...

then he asked...mari endhuku ra he said not to refer your name to the professor ani asked me...

i was shocked...same roommate...knows my hardship...open position in his team...but not willing to refer me to that 10 hr assistantship position....

so i told the other friend...i dont know man...then after some days this guy found out the reason...maa roomate gadi 10hr student job next semester lo ayipotundhi anta...

ippudu nenu join avuthe next semester he will still end up with 10hr assistant ship but no job to cover expenses...and sharing another 10 hr assistantship with me...

so full ga 20 hr assistantship kotteyadaniki he didnt want to refer me...

so appudu anukunna....emayithey avvanu veedi laa mathram manam undakudadhu...ani...bcoz naa basic nature is not to be selfish....

@~`

No one helps

chala rare untaru Emi ashinchakunda

lady helping ante she is expecting money or some kind of monetary profit ani ardam ayndi ca move ayyaka

ade guy ayte physical ga exploit cheddam ane uddesham untadi

ivi kakunda inko category they already been in our shoes ,so they understand n they help without expecting anything in return

finally hard work pays off 

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

never lend a helping hand to a person whom you know personally or even met personally.

simple thumb rule in US or India. 

TS valla best friends ki help chesadu anta le

6 minutes ago, vendetta said:

No one helps

chala rare untaru Emi ashinchakunda

lady helping ante she is expecting money or some kind of monetary profit ani ardam ayndi ca move ayyaka

ade guy ayte physical ga exploit cheddam ane uddesham untadi

ivi kakunda inko category they already been in our shoes ,so they understand n they help without expecting anything in return

finally hard work pays off 

not true....andaru ala vundaru.........

2 hours ago, pillirevanth said:

Long back in 2011 lo na First Project. I was hired for .net Developer but after joining the project, i came to know that its crystal reports oriented work. Maa praxy***** vaadu anni vachu ani cheppadu, so my manager was expecting work from me from 1st day. Accommodation ledu, Car ledu, telsina vallu leru, weather kotha(snow weather), ila chala problems madya chala kastapadi 2 months lo crystal reports videos konukkoni, night training avtu morning office lo work chestunte, maa manager ki naa meeda konchem impression poyindi. Work aithe chesina kaani impression poyindi, 1st assignment target reach avvaledu ani. First impression is a best impression kada. 

2 months tarvatha maa contractor colleague ki vere job vasthe resign chesadu with out any notice. So client and Prime vendor both are desperate to have one more consultant for work. Consultant notice period ivvaledu ani prime vendor baaga bayapaddadu. E situation ni cash chesukundamani nenu prime vendor ki call chesi na close friend ni refer chesina(who helped me to get masters seat). Resume submission interview schedule avvadam 30 mins lo aindi.. ade day evening interview ki same ***** ni arrange chesina..friend ki job vachindi. that day was thursday and he got joining for monday. I gave him an accommodation, shared all of my knowledge which i learned from past 2 months. Gave heads up about team lead and manager's mentality etc etc.. He joined on monday, a task was assigned on the same day. I helped him to complete that task by wednesday.. First task kaabatti konchem impression undali ani full blood pettinam..After reviewing his work, manager praised him alot on thursday and on the same day i got TERMINATION notice for the next day.
My manager thought my friend is best fit compared to me for my position.. 

ON THAT DAY I DECIDED NOT TO REFER ANY OF MY FRIENDS UNTIL MY SKILLS ARE PROVEN AND MANAGEMENT HAS GOOD OPINION ON ME.

----------------------

Cut chesthe 2015 lo naaku oka job vachindi in a city where 90 miles away from the city i am currently living. E saari nene f2f interview ki velli job techukunna. Job Requirement is damn tough with all the new technologies where 60% skills are not familiar to me. Lease undatam valla and job safety doubt valla first 2 months travel chesina. 1st month daily and 2nd month alternate days drive chesina. New technologies learning curve, manager gaadi mood swings, min of 4-5 hours of hectic daily driving in the traffic. work cheyadam damn tough ga unde due to all these reasons. nenokkidine New city ki move ayipodam anukunna but for the sake of my 4 months old baby i couldn't do that. Work pressure valla correct apartment kuda choose chesukoleka poyina new city lo. New city ki move ayipoyaka maa parents vacharu US trip ki. Job lo inka full grip raakapovadam valla, i didn't give my best to my parents. 6 months tarvatha apartment change chesina, penalty pay chesi. After doing 1 year of job i got stability. My manager has very good impression on me.

MANAGEMENT MAARINDI, they are mostly kind of non technical. after few months oka QA join aindi and she knows basics of Agile. With her good communication skills she tried to convert her position to scrum master role. 

Oka colleague ki vere job vachi vellipoyadu.. nenu, na masters close friend(Person A) long back anukunnam, same cilent ki work cheddam ani in specified X state. so i took the initiation.. vaadu vere job chesthunna kaani nenu chestunna company lo job ippincha.. maa office lo vaadiki job raavadaniki kartha, karma and kriya anni nene with best pay rate. Job vachaka 1 month maa intlone free accommdatio kuda ichina. Job lo kuda as usual ga baaga help chesina to get onto pace. oka 3 months tarvatha Person B(OPT), Person C(H4 EAD) join ayyaru. Person C job environment ni sanka naakinchindi.. One fine day she met with an accident and didn't come to office. I thought to refer an opt guy. Naaku full job safety + candidate meeda naaku manchi margin kuda vastadi ani.. I have prepared all the required things. Idi ila unte, maa friend Person A oka meeting lo(i was not there) maa manager ki cheppindu, i know one friend who is very good(Person D), and i feel he is very good fit for our project ani. Vendor tho matladatam, resume submit cheyadam anni chesesadu and main thing is, he forgot to tell me that. Next day Person D ki praxy***** koraku nannu adigaadu. Appudu cheppadu i forgot to tell you what happened yesterday ani.. Person D naaku kuda manchi friend(masters) and he also doing a good job from past 3 years in a same client. Ippudu Person D maa company ki vasthe na position doubtfull untadi later ani naaku telsu. My wife also told me not encourage this ani. Andukani e process mothanni break cheddam ani Person D raavaddu ani Person B and D ki chepdam anukunna. But enduko nenu selfish/foolish ga aalochistunnanu ani anukuntaru ani little hesitated and back step vesina(The biggest regret in my life).. person D got job and i gave him 2 weeks accommodation at my home. I still have some regret about my back step. 2 weeks tarvatha india trip poyina for 45 days.. So got refreshed.. Person D is gem and he proven at work greatly. 

I am a stright forward guy.  junior scrum master, developers ni micro management chesthu blame cheyadam start chesindi.. I confronted her processes with good reasons in front of management. scrum master na meeda grudge pettukoni naatho manchiga act chesthu maa director ki naa meeda bad impression create cheyatam start chesindi.. After 8 months one fine day director nannu pilichi na work poor undi ani chaala class peekadu..Later i figured out that its because of the junior scrum master's false reports my director got a bad impression on me..

Ippudu office lo organization changes ayyayi.. Budget issues valana 2 developers ni teeseddam anukunnaru.. So aa list lo Person B(opt) and Nenu unnam. Management thought Person A and Person D are better than me.

I felt really very bad, i spent hell lot of time to understanding the project/people and shared the knowledge to my friends. During this process i might lost impression with the new management. And the most frustrating part when many of my friends are asking me is "WHY ONLY YOUR CONTRACT IS TERMINATING BETWEEN 3 OF YOU, THOUGH YOU JOINED 1 YEAR AHEAD OF THEM." 

----------
so friends, NEVER EVER REFER YOUR FRIENDS FOR SAME PROJECT FOR THE THE SAME ROLE YOU ARE WORKING FOR.
----------

ch.thumb.gif.6d7eb62c38b6520a4bff3da3e56

vammo eh thread lone inta hatred vundi enti pakanodi meda. I think you guys are talking about only contract positions. 

In some Univ, first thing students learn is to help the fellow students esp when they are in job trails. Seniors/Alumni will conduct sessions with tips on how to crack the FT and how to network. So don't say, being selfish is the only way to survive. It is the only way for contractors though. 

BRo help cheyatam manchide .

psa: ninnu em antale nenu.

desi gaalu desi gallu ani office lo okadaini okati tikuntaru enduko anukunevadini 

eppudu ardham ayindi 

adi emmma gas station ahha andarini neeku telisina vallani petukovadaniki 

anuke desi lani tithe don ever do this . This is usa and be professional.

sorry what happened to you.

5 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

vammo eh thread lone inta hatred vundi enti pakanodi meda. I think you guys are talking about only contract positions. 

In some Univ, first thing students learn is to help the fellow students esp when they are in job trails. Seniors/Alumni will conduct sessions with tips on how to crack the FT and how to network. So don't say, being selfish is the only way to survive. It is the only way for contractors though. 

you misunderstood this thread and came to conclusion as hatred. 

What I am telling is, First cover your ass, later help others. If you really want to help your friends by referral, then refer different technology friends in your team.. Like in my case, as i am working on .net development, i should have referred testing, sql Deveoper, BA etc friends in my team but not the .net developers.