Top Posters In This Topic

• uttermost

• Don_Draper

• JaMbU

• dasara_bullodu

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Don_Draper said:

mars ki potham akkad kuda Revolution start chestam..inka telskovalani interest untey Red Rising Series follow avvu.. Suppression is everywhere, by whom for whom anedi maaruthu untadi 

dude, when suppression is everywhere, why do Hindus use historical suppression to justify what they do to muslims today?

I think you are trying to find sophisticated reasons to get through this without blaming the uppercaste Hindus. Its going to incredibly hard.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

ah, I see. unless you are saying both are irredeemably asshole groups, I won't agree with you.

all groups in one way or other.. so its from a being to being perception. i doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with me.  

3 minutes ago, Don_Draper said:

mars ki potham akkad kuda Revolution start chestam..inka telskovalani interest untey Red Rising Series follow avvu.. Suppression is everywhere, by whom for whom anedi maaruthu untadi 

nuvvu Osho gaarini baaga follow avthav anukunta kadha.

your refusal to connect with reality is very obvious.

dude, when suppression is everywhere, why do Hindus use historical suppression to justify what they do to muslims today?

I think you are trying to find sophisticated reasons to get through this without blaming the uppercaste Hindus. Its going to incredibly hard.

Don't muslim's do the same thing, not only to hindu's but others too? Is this topic clearly about Upper caste ? I'm not pivoting.

1 minute ago, Don_Draper said:

all groups in one way or other.. so its from a being to being perception. i doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with me.  

lol. perception.

wish people in the receiving end of the violence/suppression are this smug about it. may be some are, among the ones who are resigned to their fate.

nuvvu Osho gaarini baaga follow avthav anukunta kadha.

your refusal to connect with reality is very obvious.

I didn't even read a quote by Osho. All i read was Jiddu Krishnamurthy. 

Just now, uttermost said:

lol. perception.

wish people in the receiving end of the violence/suppression are this smug about it. may be some are, among the ones who are resigned to their fate.

perception is a hereditary bias, at least in  the context of Indian societies, be it upper/ middle /semi middle/ middle lower/ lower classes. It's incremental when they stick to same groups for a long time.. 

Don't muslim's do the same thing, not only to hindu's but others too? Is this topic clearly about Upper caste ? I'm not pivoting.

so you want to justify what Hindus do in India, by pointing out what muslims do in other countries.

like India is not a sovereign nation that can make its own rules, and attempt to create a better environment for all of its citizens.

yes. who else comes to the west. overwhelming majority that come to the west are uppercaste, both hindu and muslim.

Just now, Don_Draper said:

perception is a hereditary bias, at least in  the context of Indian societies, be it upper/ middle /semi middle/ middle lower/ lower classes. It's incremental when they stick to same groups for a long time.. 

except this 'bias' doesn't affect upper castes. Its so convenient that way no.

Just now, uttermost said:

so you want to justify what Hindus do in India, by pointing out what muslims do in other countries.

like India is not a sovereign nation that can make its own rules, and attempt to create a better environment for all of its citizens.

yes. who else comes to the west. overwhelming majority that come to the west are uppercaste, both hindu and muslim.

I don't. My point being the same its POV.  When you talk about bigger picture, you need to look at all ethnic groups, why do they do certain things to be justified. It's okay if you wanna trumpet against upper caste. It ain't gonna change a thing. Inequality is the everywhere. Even Upper castes have multi layered castes where other feel the burnt of inequality.  Once caste is abolished, then come economic equality. Then people will fight for the same. 

except this 'bias' doesn't affect upper castes. Its so convenient that way no.

What makes You think it won't?  Are you under the impression that all lower caste people are economically and socially challenged?

I don't. My point being the same its POV.  When you talk about bigger picture, you need to look at all ethnic groups, why do they do certain things to be justified. It's okay if you wanna trumpet against upper caste. It ain't gonna change a thing. Inequality is the everywhere. Even Upper castes have multi layered castes where other feel the burnt of inequality.  Once caste is abolished, then come economic equality. Then people will fight for the same. 

That something is POV is not a point.

okay. what ethnic groups do you have in mind that you want to talk about. whatever you want to talk about, saying that certain groups actions are justified, because of totally unrelated (even complimentary) actions of another group is quite silly.

hint: I'm talking about how both Hindu and muslim uppercaste behave in a similar casteist way in India. well, almost. The majority of violence suffered by muslims are those of recent converts (about 50yrs back), who were probably dalits or some backward caste who wanted to get away from Hinduism.

Inequality is everywhere. Humans were living in caves. Men mostly probably raped (under modern definitions of sexual harassment). People evolve, and change.

it is a human endeavor to address inequality. If ranting against uppercaste is not going to change it (it'll atleast shame them), then justifying their actions will certainly not. In fact, it'll embolden them further.

13 minutes ago, Don_Draper said:

What makes You think it won't?  Are you under the impression that all lower caste people are economically and socially challenged?

absolutely. Very few can escape their caste.

rising tides can raise the boats, but lower caste people are in the backwaters, and only a little of the rise trickles down to them. So they rise, but not as much as the boats on the main water surface.

16 minutes ago, Don_Draper said:

extremely talented lower caste people may escape their caste. some can escape it through govt employment.

but majority of mediocre uppercaste live a much better life than almost all of the lower caste. so yes, lower caste are socially challenged.