భారతరత్న ఎందుకు ఇవ్వడం లేదో..?

TampaChinnodu

Just now, jagadambachowdary said:

There were  many leaders after independence who are more eligible for BR. leaders like vallabhai patel..

He was elected as PM not with everyones consent. He played politics with Mahatma gandhi and persuaded to become PM. He played a great role in Netaji disapperance. HE palyed great role in kicking ou kashmit pandit from Jammu and kashmir. He played great role in destroying India economy by decalring war with China whcih lost very badly.. He had affairs with many birtishers and there is a strong eveidnece he dies becoz of AIDS.

Excatly Bharat Rathan deservers only to such people who had above said national level acclaim and international affairs. CITI_c$y

i dont like nehru either... politician with no vision.. look at all these border disputes with neighbors...partition of pakistan...and millions killed...

Just now, Spartan said:

chesina efforts ki he deserves awards annanu kaani...mistake cheyani animutyam ani analed kada..

read the last sentence in my post.

Bharat Ratna anedhi oka committe nirnayinchi votes teesukoni istharu.. aa saale gadu vadiki vaade nominate chesukoni honor cheyinchukonnadu BR and that too when is still in office as Prime minister.

Nenu intha seva chesa antha chsea ani pratodu anukonte andarki icheyali BR lu...

In the Government’s Home ministry website there is a note which says that the Bharat Ratna is awarded in
recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order in any field of human endeavour.

The recommendations for Bharat Ratna are made by the Prime Minister Nehru  himself to the President.

And again Prime Minister Indira Gandi also awarded herself the Bhrath Ratna

ika nuvvu emo Bharath RAtna inka Indian highest civilain award ani tega beat chesukotnunav..

1 minute ago, jagadambachowdary said:

Bharat Ratna anedhi oka committe nirnayinchi votes teesukoni istharu.. aa saale gadu vadiki vaade nominate chesukoni honor cheyinchukonnadu BR and that too when is still in office as Prime minister.

Nenu intha seva chesa antha chsea ani pratodu anukonte andarki icheyali BR lu...

In the Government’s Home ministry website there is a note which says that the Bharat Ratna is awarded in
recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order in any field of human endeavour.

The recommendations for Bharat Ratna are made by the Prime Minister Nehru  himself to the President.

And again Prime Minister Indira Gandi also awarded herself the Bhrath Ratna

ika nuvvu emo Bharath RAtna inka Indian highest civilain award ani tega beat chesukotnunav..

ok they temselves shouldnt have conferred BR to themselves..

but point ikkada deserving or non-deserving gurinchi kada...?

How and why Indira Gandhi who was PM in 1971 got Bharat Ratna in 1971 ?

It all started with a curiosity. I was just going through the list of Bharat Ratna awardees where I saw three of the six Nehru-Gandhi family members are in it.  Nehru got it in 1955, Indira got it in 1971 and Rajiv got it in 1991. In Home ministry site there is a note which says Bharat Ratna is awarded in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order in any field of human endeavour. The recommendations for Bharat Ratna are made by the Prime Minister himself to the President.  Then I checked who the Prime Ministers were in 1955, 1971 and 1991.  PMO website claims that Jawaharlal Nehru was the Prime Minister in 1955, Indira was in 1971. That naturally leads to these questions?

what had Indira Gandhi done till 1971 to be awarded with highest civilian award? PMO in their RTI reply claimed that they have no information available on record about the achievements of Nehru and Indira. I just looked at Biography to find out what were the public services by Indira Gandhi till 1971. Wikipedia says

1. Indira was born in 1917.
  2. In the 1950s, Indira, now Mrs. Indira Gandhi after her marriage, served her father Jawaharlal Nehru (then Prime Minister) unofficially as a personal assistant.
  3. After her father’s death in 1964 she was appointed as a member of the Rajya Sabha (upper house) and became a member of Lal Bahadur Shastri’s cabinet as Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
  4. Indira became Prime Minister in 1966; the Congress was split in two factions.
  5. Nationalization of Banks
  6. India Pakistan war in December 1971 (not sure whether recommendations are made before or after 1971 December)

In her public life till 1971, I could not find any single notable achievement by Indira Gandhi. If serving as Prime Minister for a five year term qualifies for the Bharat Ratna award? Then why was not this precedent followed for all the Prime Ministers of India? I am waiting for the reply from President Secretariat which I hope will clear all these ambiguities. Till then we can draw our own conclusions

@Spartan

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

ok they temselves shouldnt have conferred BR to themselves..

but point ikkada deserving or non-deserving gurinchi kada...?

Just now, jagadambachowdary said:

How and why Indira Gandhi who was PM in 1971 got Bharat Ratna in 1971 ?

It all started with a curiosity. I was just going through the list of Bharat Ratna awardees where I saw three of the six Nehru-Gandhi family members are in it.  Nehru got it in 1955, Indira got it in 1971 and Rajiv got it in 1991. In Home ministry site there is a note which says Bharat Ratna is awarded in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order in any field of human endeavour. The recommendations for Bharat Ratna are made by the Prime Minister himself to the President.  Then I checked who the Prime Ministers were in 1955, 1971 and 1991.  PMO website claims that Jawaharlal Nehru was the Prime Minister in 1955, Indira was in 1971. That naturally leads to these questions?

what had Indira Gandhi done till 1971 to be awarded with highest civilian award? PMO in their RTI reply claimed that they have no information available on record about the achievements of Nehru and Indira. I just looked at Biography to find out what were the public services by Indira Gandhi till 1971. Wikipedia says

1. Indira was born in 1917.
  2. In the 1950s, Indira, now Mrs. Indira Gandhi after her marriage, served her father Jawaharlal Nehru (then Prime Minister) unofficially as a personal assistant.
  3. After her father’s death in 1964 she was appointed as a member of the Rajya Sabha (upper house) and became a member of Lal Bahadur Shastri’s cabinet as Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
  4. Indira became Prime Minister in 1966; the Congress was split in two factions.
  5. Nationalization of Banks
  6. India Pakistan war in December 1971 (not sure whether recommendations are made before or after 1971 December)

In her public life till 1971, I could not find any single notable achievement by Indira Gandhi. If serving as Prime Minister for a five year term qualifies for the Bharat Ratna award? Then why was not this precedent followed for all the Prime Ministers of India? I am waiting for the reply from President Secretariat which I hope will clear all these ambiguities. Till then we can draw our own conclusions

@Spartan

1 minute ago, Sachin200 said:

JC Garu , ee fight AP ki ss kosam petti vunte tappakunda vachedi ss  Andhra ki 

e thread separate ga yeyyi plz oke thread lo inni discussions ante confuse avtaru flocks.. 

10 minutes ago, Sachin200 said:

JC Garu , ee fight AP ki ss kosam petti vunte tappakunda vachedi ss  Andhra ki 

hehe  adhi maathram eppatikiii raadhu

time daatipoyyindhi 

3 hours ago, Prince_Fan said:

SSK is an emotion .....once SSK fan, forever SSK fan....long live Natasekhara Superstar Krishna bl@stbl@st

ido rakam insecurity

evadu Moddda bhi dekhuthaledu mee vargaanni after 3 bombastic hits, ani telsi appudappuduuu uniki ni ilaa chaatukuntuntaaru

• 3 years later...
On 5/29/2018 at 12:14 AM, Android_Halwa said:

enduku ivatledo andariki telusu....he was a normal film star and an over rated and over hyped CM who miserably lost in 1989....and during the entire rule of 6-7 years, the only worth thing that he did was to marry LP and handover reigns to CBN...apart from that, NTR Govt did nothing for anyone except for a sub-region/caste followers.

where as Bharat Ratna is given for people who have contributed to the nation, not caste.

2 rupees kg biyyam andharu kosam icchadu kadha bro .... valla caste ke icchada emayina