NRIs with Senior Parents - Don't neglect read once

kool_buddi

2 hours ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

but the cold truth is we want money over parents... You don't believe some people visit India every 5 years... 

when we were young we used to cry if our parents live in a different place (like if we are studying in hostels etc) now we have grown up so much that we don't look after them...

Well said bro.. but priorities change.. Our parents left their parents for the good of our family.. we are doing the same... But we should have the thought process of taking care of our elderly parents.. and we should do our best if its within our abilities... anything beyond your capability you cannot risk the future generations future..

Thanks for sharing the incident.  This will bring awareness to lot of people who may not know the issues we will have to face when parents get old. 

Not only the parents, even we as individuals need to take care of our health from now on.

My parents went through hell with all the medical issues they had.  I learnt my lesson from them and made a conscious decision to live healthy and more importantly happily.  Nothing better than doing daily yoga\meditation practices, good food choices, play sports, enjoy the nature, meet friends, do social service, and not but not the least get a annual physical exam to machine (body) is well oiled.  Not just physical we need to take care of mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of our life's.

Good luck!

~Rao

1 hour ago, reddyeee said:

I hope your father recovers soon. Thank you for sharing bro. Nenu going back correct decision aa kaadhaa ani dilemma lo vunna veldhaam ani decide iyyaka kudaa from last 6 months but last week decided inka this is the last year ikkada ani. 

aa last yr nuv flyt ekkedaakaa raaduu

1 hour ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

Well said bro.. but priorities change.. Our parents left their parents for the good of our family.. we are doing the same... But we should have the thought process of taking care of our elderly parents.. and we should do our best if its within our abilities... anything beyond your capability you cannot risk the future generations future..

what if it is greed for dollars and just putting a mask of future generations???

Our parents left them true... but they still could meet them 3-4 times a year...

on an average if we live in US and lets assume our parents live 20 more years... IF we visit India every year .. that means we will see them 20 more times in our life... and 20*15 days = 300 days...thats approximately 1 year... thats it...

I know many think Im stupid but just putting the battle in my mind here...

1 hour ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

and the irony is our children will leave us in 15 more years and again we will be living all alone...

1 hour ago, mtkr said:

aa last yr nuv flyt ekkedaakaa raaduu

Agree but nenu already naa plans lo vunna india velte IT job kakunda inka emi cheyyocho like natural farming. I dont need profit from that but atleast oka 4 families ki sariponu rice, veg, fruits, eggs, chicken, milk vachela planning.

Hope he recovers soon.

Home Construction annav kabatti, Infection adanta usually happens due to more exposure to Cement, and Watering curing of walls etc.

avi vere vallato cheyinchalsindi...i have seen many active elderly people once they are done with home construction.

50 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

what if it is greed for dollars and just putting a mask of future generations???

Our parents left them true... but they still could meet them 3-4 times a year...

on an average if we live in US and lets assume our parents live 20 more years... IF we visit India every year .. that means we will see them 20 more times in our life... and 20*15 days = 300 days...thats approximately 1 year... thats it...

I know many think Im stupid but just putting the battle in my mind here...

alochisthe  feels scary ...but true