Chat thread

vendettaa

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

So, just because I have muslim friends, does that make the entire sect a holy one ? Yeah, I have made comments on muslims too, so does that make me not to have muslim friends ? I comment on muslims in front of them...no one is perfect and no one is a holy cow..

Kalam, just because he is a muslim, is it a nessasary that he should speak for the community ? He have made excuses to BJP but that was only after 1998..or perhaps 1996....but he was pretty much there even before that...he acted on orders of all the people who were in power since 1980's or may be before that or since he was with HAL....

He was born as a muslim...so what brother ? Is it his birthright to talk about muslims and support muslims ? Don't you think he has any other work ? he didnt had a family...neither he left behind anything to anyone..

when you make comments on muslims, don't tell that I'm tagging an entire community, because it is you who regularly tag them.

yes. Kalam as a muslim should've spoken for the community, not let BJP brandish him as the 'perfect muslim', to cleanse blood of their horrible politics. Speaking for muslims should be one of his work, as a decent person.

you comment on muslims in front of your friends, its your wish. But don't use your association with muslims to justify the crap you talk about them. in particular your stand that "they should get used to Hindu supremacy or get lost."

your friends may be okay with you spouting such statements in front of them, out of love for you, but in public, you have to justify the ethics behind that statement, which you never can. Its a horrible statement in every which way you take it.

4 minutes ago, uttermost said:

when you make comments on muslims, don't tell that I'm tagging an entire community, because it is you who regularly tag them.

yes. Kalam as a muslim should've spoken for the community, not let BJP brandish him as the 'perfect muslim', to cleanse blood of their horrible politics. Speaking for muslims should be one of his work, as a decent person.

you comment on muslims in front of your friends, its your wish. But don't use your association with muslims to justify the crap you talk about them. in particular your stand that "they should get used to Hindu supremacy or get lost."

your friends may be okay with you spouting such statements in front of them, out of love for you, but in public, you have to justify the ethics behind that statement, which you never can. Its a horrible statement in every which way you take it.

May be thats your view...I have to respect it..!

But, why do you think Kalam acted according to BJP ? 

Kalam acted as per the orders of the Administration for which we was working, Don't you think he has every right to do so ? It was professional...May be he acted as per the orders of Vajpayee or other BJP leaders but they were holding offices...

Kalam even taught at university, Do you think Kalam should have selected 'MUSLIM' students and teach to them only ? 

5 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

May be thats your view...I have to respect it..!

But, why do you think Kalam acted according to BJP ? 

Kalam acted as per the orders of the Administration for which we was working, Don't you think he has every right to do so ? It was professional...May be he acted as per the orders of Vajpayee or other BJP leaders but they were holding offices...

Kalam even taught at university, Do you think Kalam should have selected 'MUSLIM' students and teach to them only ?

Kalam was an unremarkable man, who never challenged authority, never did any original work. He'll be forgotten in a few years. Take for instance that malayalee Singer Yesudas, who was open about his love for Aiyappa, and fought the priests to enter the temple.

What did Kalam fight for? He simply said sweet nothings to people around him, and surfed through life without any issues. People around him may like him, for his decency and kindness (of which I have heard many stories), but for a public personality in a slowly changing society like India we need more dynamism.

Influencing kids to study is just myth building around Kalam. Their parents are already doing that.

As for his 'acts', I don't think the President has that much power to do anything. I have a problem with him meeting every Hindu seer, but not according the same legitimacy to muslim counterparts, even while carrying a muslim name. He never spoke about Guj riots, never censured BJP for their politics.. so many things he should've done.

kids like me used to point at Kalam to tell our muslim friends to be more like him. we were kids, we didn't know better. He was a not a kid. He was sucking up to the Hindu power centers. And that's one stain he can never wipe away from himself. He was a regular upper caste Hindu who had a muslim name. simple.

9 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Kalam was an unremarkable man, who never challenged authority, never did any original work. He'll be forgotten in a few years. Take for instance that malayalee Singer Yesudas, who was open about his love for Aiyappa, and fought the priests to enter the temple.

What did Kalam fight for? He simply said sweet nothings to people around him, and surfed through life without any issues. People around him may like him, for his decency and kindness (of which I have heard many stories), but for a public personality in a slowly changing society like India we need more dynamism.

Influencing kids to study is just myth building around Kalam. Their parents are already doing that.

As for his 'acts', I don't think the President has that much power to do anything. I have a problem with him meeting every Hindu seer, but not according the same legitimacy to muslim counterparts, even while carrying a muslim name. He never spoke about Guj riots, never censured BJP for their politics.. so many things he should've done.

kids like me used to point at Kalam to tell our muslim friends to be more like him. we were kids, we didn't know better. He was a not a kid. He was sucking up to the Hindu power centers. And that's one stain he can never wipe away from himself. He was a regular upper caste Hindu who had a muslim name. simple.

Dude, we are completely diverted on our views and issue...You won't step back, neither will I...no point in arguing..

lets end this one and get back to the original topic..

Do you think Kalam's story is a good story to make a biopic ? 

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Dude, we are completely diverted on our views and issue...You won't step back, neither will I...no point in arguing..

lets end this one and get back to the original topic..

Do you think Kalam's story is a good story to make a biopic ? 

yeah. it is.

but I won't watch it, or encourage my kids to watch it.

2 minutes ago, uttermost said:

yeah. it is.

but I won't watch it, or encourage my kids to watch it.

Thats an individual choice...

Kalam is the kind of hero India deserves, but not the one it needs @3$%

It needs someone like MN Roy, who in a forward in a part racist book on Indians, wrote about how Hindus have lost all capacity for critical thinking after Adi Shankara with his logical, but philosophically superfluous arguments won against Buddhists (and most imporantantly Carvakas). India had been a cesspool of mediocrity since then (3rd century) is MN Roy's observation.

Now that's the kind of hero India needs. Not APJ Kalam. I would watch, and take my kids to a biopic on MN Roy who lived in, and fought against authority in 3 continents.

what's that part racist book, you ask?

Evolution of Indian Philosophy by Satchidananda murthy, published by Andhra university.

It plainly states that Indian Philosophy, apart from Lokayata, and parts of Samkhya cannot even be considered on par with western philosophy, and goes on to state that Indians living in tropical climates cannot possibly think critically about reality, and so sit around and think about themselves. lol.

needlessly to say, I don't agree with that observation.

3 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

equating M N Roy and Kalam....is like science meets philosophy mixed with sociology...an odd combination.

a public figure is a public figure. Kalam is an uninspiring one.

4 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

equating M N Roy and Kalam....is like science meets philosophy mixed with sociology...an odd combination.

Kalam is like Shaktimaan.. when MN Roy is like Silver Surfer. @3$%

Anyway, I look future with onus on modernization with a past which will be with us for considerable future

For the things to get better, it takes time and thats what it is happening...and when I say time, I'm talking about generations...

even Indians are not so acceptable to change which you talk about...and it won't happen in a decade..

the things you want to change or see, are actually happening..just that not visible..