question

chittimallu2

I came 20 days before my visa expiry . He just reminded me that my visa is expiring and i told i am filing for extension in couple of days. 3 months ki asalu worry avvakkarledu.

13 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I came 20 days before my visa expiry . He just reminded me that my visa is expiring and i told i am filing for extension in couple of days. 3 months ki asalu worry avvakkarledu.

by visa you mean I797 or the visa stamp?

2 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

by visa you mean I797 or the visa stamp?

Visa stamp is based on i797 only kada? 20 days lo i797 and visa stamp both expiring.  Vachaka following week extension filed.

15 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Visa stamp is based on i797 only kada? 20 days lo i797 and visa stamp both expiring.  Vachaka following week extension filed.

ledhu you have chances to have I797 longer than stamp... nuvu stamp tho vachaka you could have a job change or extension which means your I797 could be longer

54 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

Just re phrasing my question to get more clarity... 

I797 3 months ee valid undi, same as visa stamp on the passport... and i assume based on the above replies, it should be fine at the POE. Let me know if its otherwise, Thank You

You should be absolutely fine . Enjoy Your Trip

6 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

ledhu you have chances to have I797 longer than stamp... nuvu stamp tho vachaka you could have a job change or extension which means your I797 could be longer

mostly stamp e chusthadu.. 797 rare ga adugutharu.....i94 kuda mostly stamp end date varake isthadu....

10 hours ago, chittimallu2 said:

India nundi return vasthunapudu... POE lo minimum entha visa validity undali... only 3 months validity unte emanna problem avvudha at POE?

friend came back to us recently with 1 week validity.

his extension was still pending with uscis for approval at that time.

he was asked about that.. he said i am fine with 1 week of i94 my extension is pending.

he was given i94 for 1 week and his employer converted extension to premium next day and got new i94 by the end of week.

8 hours ago, chittimallu2 said:

I meant I had extension due . Stamp chustadu at POE . 

12 hours ago, jagadambachowdary said:

Naa visa 2 days lo expire avuthunappude entered poe . No questions asked. I just gave my I797 extension which was also valid for only 3 months..

take it easy

+1.. na taggara I797 kooda lekundey.. for a reason visas have expiry dates.. 

but one thing to be aware of is if you i797 is being processed.. you need to submit a change with new I94.. or else you are out of status in two days..

na case lo nenu overseas vunnappudu i797 vachindi.. nenu country lopalaki vachi adi teesukuni malli ventaney vellipoyanu..

12 hours ago, chittimallu2 said:

India nundi return vasthunapudu... POE lo minimum entha visa validity undali... only 3 months validity unte emanna problem avvudha at POE?

1 month validity tho entered no issues

Naadhi 1 month unde,

POE lo asked why no stamping ki went ani , i had family emergency andhuke suddenly travelled to india (Not  Planend trip) ani tolded

its OK, next time stamping ki po annad