Devops mega thread

dakumangalsingh

Let’s discuss all the stuff related to devops.  Latest Tools and technologies that are out in the market.

Please don’t spam and maintain decorum 

don’t post gifs as well post only technical stuff 

thanks for understanding. 

First @Spartan @tennisluvr Please provide your inputs of being a devops guy what it actually means it’s making a lot of buzz recently and new OPTs folks are marketing their resumes in that area without having a proper comprehensive outlook on what actually devops means. 

so what are the skills some one have to develop in regards to transforming their career towards devops 

Let’s discuss. 

Again  thanks for maintaining decorum 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dakumangalsingh said:

Let’s discuss all the stuff related to devops.  Latest Tools and technologies that are out in the market.

Please don’t spam and maintain decorum 

don’t post gifs as well post only technical stuff 

thanks for understanding. 

First @Spartan @tennisluvr Please provide your inputs of being a devops guy what it actually means it’s making a lot of buzz recently and new OPTs folks are marketing their resumes in that area without having a proper comprehensive outlook on what actually devops means. 

so what are the skills some one have to develop in regards to transforming their career towards devops 

Let’s discuss. 

Again  thanks for maintaining decorum 

LTT

first of all some has to start with basics of  systemadmin  Linux admin  basic networking 

learn shell scripting  

learn  CM tools PUppet chef  Salt Cf engine 

learn CI/CD  tools  jenkins

SCM tools like  git  tcf 

1 minute ago, kevinUsa said:

first of all some has to start with basics of  systemadmin  Linux admin  basic networking 

learn shell scripting  

SCM tools like  git  tcf 

Evi vaste job ichetara

Just now, xxxmen said:

Evi vaste job ichetara

It’s not about getting a job, it’s about being competent in ever changing job market. just working on a tool or technology managing for years are bygone. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:50 AM, kevinUsa said:

learn shell scripting  

SCM tools like  git  tcf 

If you really understand Devops you won't try to be a Devops engineer. Devops = developer first with understanding of operations. First become a good developer. Jenkins git chef docker aws these are just tools you can learn in a couple of weeks. But its not as easy to become a good developer. Devops is just a fancy title. If you are looking for longterm career become a full stack developer. I work with all the above tools and i regret starting my career as build and release with these tools. Tools are always easy to learn, programming is not. Become a developer who can build or contribute to these ops tools, not a user of these tools.

Good Luck

1 hour ago, cnugadu said:

If you really understand Devops you won't try to be a Devops engineer. Devops = developer first with understanding of operations. First become a good developer. Jenkins git chef docker aws these are just tools you can learn in a couple of weeks. But its not as easy to become a good developer. Devops is just a fancy title. If you are looking for longterm career become a full stack developer. I work with all the above tools and i regret starting my career as build and release with these tools. Tools are always easy to learn, programming is not. Become a developer who can build or contribute to these ops tools, not a user of these tools.

Good Luck

Bro I tried it 

Not worked by cousin advise moved to SQL  

Better

2 hours ago, cnugadu said:

Good Luck

Well said man!!

2 hours ago, cnugadu said:

Good Luck

Good post . I second you .