what a game... Rafa vs Dominic...US Open...almost 5 hrs adaru..

Spartan

17 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Maybe true for most people esp Roger, but Djoker knows how to tame him. Even if he doesn't have to "paint the lines" as you suggested. Plus we all know how aggressive Djoker's game is in general. 

You can beat Nadal it's just not the way people think he can be beaten, ask Lukas Rosol or even Robin Soderling if not Novak. 

Yeah Djoke is the exception, who can out-Nadal Nadal.

everyone else is scared of his topspin, athleticism, and just go for broke. They can't handle it when their winners keep getting returned, by the robot on the other end. At some point they have to break down and give up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uttermost

• chittimallu2

• tennisluvr

• Satakarni_bali

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

IT's a game Thiem should've won, which is why Rafa winning it makes it that much more awesome. Plus as @uttermost who didn't watch the game suggested, it's not Rafa winning due to waiting for Thiem to make errors(which will happen regardless), Rafa actually took the initiative on crucial points(break points etc) to play aggressive even if his serve was under par yesterday(which it was). Thiem's serve was awesome but no cigar when playing someone like Rafa. 

Oh, Rafa will beat Delpo btw. 

I'm making the bet on Delpo, though :) 

wish me luck. 

just blind bet, like the other two I won. but this time I'm jumping the gun before the match even starts.

21 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

IT's a game Thiem should've won, which is why Rafa winning it makes it that much more awesome. Plus as @uttermost who didn't watch the game suggested, it's not Rafa winning due to waiting for Thiem to make errors(which will happen regardless), Rafa actually took the initiative on crucial points(break points etc) to play aggressive even if his serve was under par yesterday(which it was). Thiem's serve was awesome but no cigar when playing someone like Rafa. 

Oh, Rafa will beat Delpo btw. 

that's why I said, its probably Rafa who 'fought'.. Thiem was in the form of his life, and still not enough to beat Rafa.

29 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Nadal will retire as the greatest tennis player ever.

Federer can hope for second place. hehe..

How? he is a technique less strong athlete ani nuvve antivi already... his trophy case isnt as bigger as federer and take away his french titles, he wont be anywhere close to many other players who won lots of trophies...

Apart from his power and athleticism what does he have that makes him "the greatest"?

16 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

How? he is a technique less strong athlete ani nuvve antivi already... his trophy case isnt as bigger as federer and take away his french titles, he wont be anywhere close to many other players who won lots of trophies...

Apart from his power and athleticism what does he have that makes him "the greatest"?

hmm.. because he beat the other claimant to the 'greatest' title far too many times.. and in the finals, perhaps.

I wouldn't know. I just randomly declare certain sportsmen as the greatest. I've stopped watching tennis regularly since 2007, when Nadal made Wimbledon final.

It's clear tennis is now a physical game. Rafa mistimes his shots so many times, and yet he stays in the rallies. His footwork is imprecise, and yet people cannot hit winners against him with ease. may be that's all that is needed to win as many titles as Nadal did, plus some grit, ofcourse.

Federer was far too talented, and was made to look like a fool almost everytime he played Nadal. Ask any fed fan, they are absolutely horrified at the prospect of Fed-Nadal match in any court. Not just clay court - where its a blowout for Fed.

11 minutes ago, uttermost said:

hmm.. because he beat the other claimant to the 'greatest' title far too many times.. and in the finals, perhaps.

I wouldn't know. I just randomly declare certain sportsmen as the greatest. I've stopped watching tennis regularly since 2007, when Nadal made Wimbledon final.

It's clear tennis is now a physical game. Rafa mistimes his shots so many times, and yet he stays in the rallies. His footwork is imprecise, and yet people cannot hit winners against him with ease. may be that's all that is needed to win as many titles as Nadal did, plus some grit, ofcourse.

Federer was far too talented, and was made to look like a fool almost everytime he played Nadal. Ask any fed fan, they are absolutely horrified at the prospect of Fed-Nadal match in any court. Not just clay court - where its a blowout for Fed.

All matches: Nadal, 23–15

Federer leads if you discount clay?

Just now, chittimallu2 said:

haha.. Federer won against Nadal 15 times??? wow. never would've guessed. its impressive. I thought it'd be half that. haha..

The hard court wins are boosted by year end bullshit tournament, Nadal never shows up to. Its not an excuse. He's just too tired to take it seriously. In Grand Slam finals, Nadal leads Federer 6-3. Two of those Fed wins came early in Nadal's career in 2006/7 at wimbledon, and one recently in Australian Open, I think. 

Also Nadal beat Feddy boi in the Aussie open 3 times, and only lost his recent meeting in the final with him. 

As for grass courts.. lets just say Federer was lucky enough to avoid Nadal in grass courts after losing to him in 2008. 

Nadal has a positive record against fed in french and aussie, and only marginally bested by Fed in wimbledon. US open they never met.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

haha.. Federer won against Nadal 15 times??? wow. never would've guessed. its impressive. I thought it'd be half that. haha..

The hard court wins are boosted by year end bullshit tournament, Nadal never shows up to. Its not an excuse. He's just too tired to take it seriously. In Grand Slam finals, Nadal leads Federer 6-3. Two of those Fed wins came early in Nadal's career in 2006/7 at wimbledon, and one recently in Australian Open, I think. 

Also Nadal beat Feddy boi in the Aussie open 3 times, and only lost his recent meeting in the final with him. 

As for grass courts.. lets just say Federer was lucky enough to avoid Nadal in grass courts after losing to him in 2008. 

Nadal has a positive record against fed in french and aussie, and only marginally bested by Fed in wimbledon. US open they never met.

lol what are you trying to prove? I see nothing in your explanation. 

My point is this. You said he lacks technique and thrives only on power, I havent met a tennis fan that said Nadal's game is beautiful to watch and he has won fewer titles than Federer. He is probably a one trick pony (power) and one arena emperor (clay). 

So to sum it up

1) lacks technique

2) doesnt play the sport beautifully

3) not the one with highest number of titles

4) one court bully

Like I said I dont watch enough tennis and not a big fan of sport overall. My Q is how are you calling him the greatest? Just because he beat federer a handful times? 

10 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

Feddie leads only in grass.. and that too marginally.

as far as grandslams are concerned, Nadal has absolutely clobbered Federer. 

Nadal even has a higher masters title count - thanks to monte carlo clay masters. but Federer has the advantage here because more than almost all other masters tournaments are held on hard courts.

Their personal rivalry on masters series is 12-7 for Nadal

and 7-5 in the finals of the masters tournament. granted all of those are final wins are on clay. but he has comparable record to Federer, and has won more masters than Federer has.

3 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Nadal even has a higher masters title count - thanks to monte carlo clay masters. but Federer has the advantage here because more than almost all other masters tournaments are held on hard courts.

and 7-5 in the finals of the masters tournament. granted all of those are final wins are on clay. but he has comparable record to Federer, and has won more masters than Federer has.

but no ATP finals, which are next to GS only played by top 8 players.

Nadal nearly invincible on clay but if U consider him to be greatest Djoker might well be in the contention for a greatest as he conquered all in the Tennis excluding Olympics(though I am Fed fan).

simply these 3 are greatest for their respective fans.

Federer has to add few more to his GS tally to be clear favorite.

9 minutes ago, uttermost said:

also consider there are no masters on Grass for federer to win on his favorite surface.