H1b visa extension

Dipak

Hello Friends,

My name is Dipak, I need the details on recent H1b extensions, anybody got approval, pls share your/your friends experiences.

My previous project with Microsoft got completed on May 31st. Currently I am looking for a new project and my 3 yrs H1b visa is due sep'09. For applying extension employer is aksing me to get a project, I don't have the paystubs for last 2 months. How extension is going on these days, is it ok to apply for extension without project, pls share your ideas?  Thanks in advace.

-Dipak

I got the H1b until nov 2009. my employer is saying that it wouldnt be a problem..but i dont have nay clear information on this..

If any body have filed their extension or have any kind of information.. please share it here.

Thanks

Hi Dipak,

My brother went for H1B extension in May 09. He has project for next 3 years in hand. so he got his extension very easily.

But one of my frnd finished his project in May 09 and he didnt get any project even today. He went for a extension without any project in hand and it got rejected. He is planning to go back.

I hope this information will give some idea about the situation

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Friends,

My name is Dipak, I need the details on recent H1b extensions, anybody got approval, pls share your/your friends experiences.

My previous project with Microsoft got completed on May 31st. Currently I am looking for a new project and my 3 yrs H1b visa is due sep'09. For applying extension employer is aksing me to get a project, I don't have the paystubs for last 2 months. How extension is going on these days, is it ok to apply for extension without project, pls share your ideas?  Thanks in advace.

-Dipak

Dipak, 99% of extensions are getting RFE. You need to be able to ansewr it. The RFE is mostly about client letter, work orders, vendor letter(if u have any), service agreements between vendor, client & ur employer, ur employer quarterly wage reports.

Make sure your employer can provide all these above for ur extension.

Hi HALO

I have all the things which you have posted except client letter.My client is not willing to give me letter acc to HR policy.

What are the chances of getting extension without client letter, do you know of any? My H1 Extension is due in Dec 2009.

Plz share ur thoughts. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HALO

I have all the things which you have posted except client letter.My client is not willing to give me letter acc to HR policy.

What are the chances of getting extension without client letter, do you know of any? My H1 Extension is due in Dec 2009.

Plz share ur thoughts. Thanks

I u Cant provide client letter, its good if ur employer can give u a letter saying that u r working on an "In House project" in case of an RFE