Algorithms and DS interviews

divvu

On 3/6/2019 at 1:04 PM, andhra_alludu said:

Bro... Kakruthi tho aduguthunnadu anukokapothey EPI di ebook download link untey PM sesi punyam kattuko betheru...... Adhey chetho evarina CTCI kuda ebook download link pampagalaru....

Google search ani antaaremo... Ippudu Offc lo unna hay!!! Offc lo alla sites no open... So e books panchi punyam kattukondi.... 

CTCI ebook eBay lo $3 ki undi, get it.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, Popkatapetapotapulti said:

CS or Math background ite follow below lekapote start with Corman book and then start below

1. start with Geeksforgeeks...DS tab medha hover cheste there will be a list Array, string, Tree etc etc 

follow this order once you are confident(3-6months depending on how many hours you burn per day) and you think you are good 

2. leetcode theskoni start solving google tag..if you solve google tag that should cover most of the questions 

3. set interview with Amazon/Microsoft/Facebook - based on the company leetcode lo aa company tag problems cheyi (E,M, H)

konni chinkki sites untayi valu questions andulo pedutharu...try getting into that site account lekapote koncham kastam as most of the threads are blocked..

account creation ki some thokalo logic untundi and you need to know cantonese/mandrin to crack that question...site peru ento nenu chepanu but if you reached step 3 you will know by that time...happy coding

Corman book --> introduction to algorithms by cormen aa ?

On 3/6/2019 at 11:08 PM, k2s said:

Depends on choice of programming language. Would avoid generics aka CLRS. Grokking algorithms just for concepts and how algorithm works with simple implementation techniques.

Java - Algorithms Sedgwick 

Python - DS and Algo Goldwasser, Goodrich and Tamassia

C- Algorithms Skiena

Interview focused ref:

EPI for relevant language. Might come across as terse than CTCI. 

Practice on Leetcode problems.

Python - DS and Algo Goldwasser, Goodrich and Tamassia - is this that

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011DC80VY/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_XK.ADbSH42ANX

As more IIT coaching centers prop up, IIT-JEE, and advanced JEE questions have become tougher. Same thing has happened  with some of FAANG interviews. Be prepared for the rough ride. Now all other companies do the same leetcode sh1t.

14 minutes ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

As more IIT coaching centers prop up, IIT-JEE, and advanced JEE questions have become tougher. Same thing has happened  with some of FAANG interviews. Be prepared for the rough ride. Now all other companies do the same leetcode sh1t.

and unfortunately Leetcode questions count is increasing day by day. 

1 hour ago, Pichkaari said:

and unfortunately Leetcode questions count is increasing day by day. 

That's why we need lecturers of Kota IIT centers style. So far, EPI, CTCI, Educative.io, etc are not at the level of Kota IIT centers. 

For instance,

- inverting a binary tree, reversing a linked list, reversing a string, reversing an array are related: same operation on different data structures.

- iteration: i = i+1 (array), curr  = curr.next (linked list), curr  = curr.left (or curr.right) (binary tree)

- edge conditions: i < length(array), curr != null (non linear data structure)

- recursion using utils, etc

- pocket book of invariants

The deeper connections one can teach, the better it is. Eventually, getting a job that pays double the average salary becomes IIT-JEE like grinding.

1 hour ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

That's why we need lecturers of Kota IIT centers style. So far, EPI, CTCI, Educative.io, etc are not at the level of Kota IIT centers. 

For instance,

- inverting a binary tree, reversing a linked list, reversing a string, reversing a string are related: same operation on different data structures.

- iteration: i = i+1 (array), curr  = curr.next (linked list), curr  = curr.left (or curr.right) (binary tree)

- edge conditions: i < length(array), curr != null (non linear data structure)

- recursion using utils, etc

- pocket book of invariants

The deeper connections one can teach, the better it is. Eventually, getting a job that pays double the average salary becomes IIT-JEE like grinding.

Totally true