Office colleague father passed away

9Pardhu

1 hour ago, LadiesTailor said:

evvaro Navin anta bro.... gofundme page lo pettadu... edanna vunte pakkakelli matladukovochu kada... dont know his real situation anduke nenu comment cheyyadam ledu..

Well, stories like these will prevent genuine persons from getting the financial help they need--people get desensitized. No one doles out a penny if you see a well dressed beggar. If one needs money, tell a sob story: "I recently lost a job, my home got foreclosed, and I don't have money to send the deadbody to India".

Recently, there is a gofundme for a breast cancer patient, look at their story; the couple has insurance, but they end up selling their home. they have lots of unpaid expenses, yes, they need money. https://www.gofundme.com/join-and-support-mrs-suvita039s-battle-with-cancer/  Yes, there is a genuine concern.

What happens if some illegal desi working in a c-store dies, and friends raise gofundme (. Or some student died in some accident, and he doesn't have any life insurance, and his parents depend on him. Yes, in these cases, at least people can believe their story. (even if it is shown fake later)

1 hour ago, 9Pardhu said:

Thanks for the people passing -ve comments during hardest times of life. At-least Show some respect if you cant do anything. 

God has everything but why do you still make a donation. See the same God in every person. 

I believe, Its a small gesture to show that we are with you during this hard time.

I believe some people misused in the past.

But making a donation or being kind to other makes you to live your life healthy. (may not be physical but for sure you will get mental happiness)

May be things or life you have is because of some one's donation / Sacrifice.

👍👍

3 hours ago

Gofundme for needy people and causes. Mr Jeeru this is not right. You should have spent your own or borrowing money on your poor dad last rites. Not begging like this! It is very shameful act!!

4 hours ago

Sorry for your loss but can't you afford funeral expenses for your OWN father..? This is shame on your part for doing gofundme.. so shame to be even called as a son.. you work in IT and does not have 7k $ (increased to 10k now..).. wat a pathetic thinking..