age gap in marriage

AleAle

3 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

Aathma bhandhuvu by Sivaji Ganeshan is apt I think. Also dedicated to @Paidithalli

And @kirakporadu

aatma bhanduvu...one of my fav movie...

raaja gaari music big asset ee movie ki...

aa fish curry scene oka aanimuthyam....

2 minutes ago, Aareyanna said:

First Pelli or second pelli ? 

em samsaaram cheyaniki pellillu kaavala ani pawan kalyan asking..

please consider this ani antunna dbians

1 hour ago, Staysafebro said:

@AleAle

Men prefer younger women not for their firmer bodies – but their greater admiration

There is a maximum number of times a woman can get annoyed about what a French intellectual thinks about her arse. I thought I’d hit it in the 90s, when Michel Houellebecq did an elaborate, 300-odd page analogy between sexual liberation and free-market capitalism, which concluded that women were destroying men’s dignity. It was a hard-left version of Jordan Peterson that was, if you can possibly imagine such a thing, even more annoying.

Yet when the novelist Yann Moix announced this week that 50-year-old women were too old to love – “The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all” – I felt that old and delicious indignation. It’s not the talking-about-us-like-we’re-meat. It’s not the generalisation, or the brass neck of a guy who is 50 himself, and about as extraordinary to look at as an upturned shopping trolley in a canal. It’s just dishonest. There is nothing more contemptible than a home truth that isn’t true.

Men don’t like younger women because their flesh is firmer but because their opinions are a bit less firm – or at least that’s the hope. Anyone 20 years younger than you tends to assume you’re right about most things. Some men will trade in a lot of shared cultural reference points for a bit of admiration. Likewise, the cliche is that young women date older men because they are richer, whereas nearer the truth is that they seem to know a lot of useful stuff.

When I was 21, I went out with a 34-year-old Australian. He seemed impossibly mature; he wore aftershave and drank only Wolf Blass. Still, if I smell Aramis, I believe its wearer on a huge range of things, especially directions. However, during an argument about money, he tore up 250 quid and flushed it down the toilet. After that, I wondered how grown up 34 really was, and started going out with a 40-year-old. Intensely self-aware and embarrassed by the age difference, he spent a lot of time insisting that I shouldn’t take him seriously because he hadn’t changed his mind since he was 25, so we were essentially the same age. He would compare his life choices mournfully with the superior ones made by his friends. “Tony would never go out with a 25-year-old. He wants a woman who can talk about Hawkwind.” “I can talk about Hawkwind! What shall I say?” “It’s not the same.”

Advertisement

For a while I was two-timing him with a 50-year-old, so the aggregate age of my sweethearts was 90. And they do know a thing or two, older people. They know what to order, why the washing machine is broken, how to drive, how to peel garlic. But very quickly you get used to what they know, and are often astonished by what they don’t know, and your admiration and credulity gives way to a more peer-to-peer style relationship. Shortly after that, it ends. When you’ve signed up for an admirer, the last thing you want is someone who takes the piss like everyone else and can’t pick Lemmy out of a line-up.

It’s hard to admit that you don’t like a challenge, much easier to traduce a 50-year-old’s saggy body. But it’s not on our own account that we, the raddled middle-aged, deride Moix and his bogus body fascism. It’s on behalf of our younger sisters; he thinks they are pushovers, which they ain’t.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/09/men-prefer-younger-women-not-for-their-firmer-bodies-but-their-greater-admiration

'Younger man, older woman marriage' - a rising tie-up in Korea

By Dong Sun-hwa

Lee Sa-gan, 39, ex-girlfriend of actor Bae Yong-joon, recently made headlines for announcing she will marry her boyfriend Ron, a member of K-pop boy band Bigflo. He is 11 years younger than Lee. 

And actress Ham So-won and singer Mina have tied the knot with much younger men too. 

optimize
Actress Ham So-won married her Chinese boyfriend Jin Hua, who is 18 years younger than her. Capture from Jin Hua's Weibo

These are only some of many celeb marriages between younger men and older women.

But does it mean the age barrier has broken down among ordinary Koreans regarding their unions? 

Not quite, experts say, calling it an illusion. 

optimize
Actress Ham So-won married her Chinese boyfriend Jin Hua, who is 18 years younger than her. Capture from Jin Hua's Weibo

These are only some of many celeb marriages between younger men and older women.

But does it mean the age barrier has broken down among ordinary Koreans regarding their unions? 

Not quite, experts say, calling it an illusion. 

optimize
Singer Mina married Philip Ryu, who is 17 years her junior. Capture from Ryu's Instagram

"The cases of older women-younger men couples on television are actually only a small fraction of real society ― it is hard to identify them as a prevailing cultural phenomenon," said Sung Nak-il, a professor of economics at the University of Seoul.

But there were about 34,800 older women-younger men couples in Korea last year, which was 16.9 percent of all first-married couples, according to Statistics Korea. It was a 0.5 percentage point increase on the previous year. 

So what has given birth to such a trend? 
optimize
Kwak Keum-joo, a professor of psychology at Seoul National University

One of the most noteworthy factors is people's avoidance of having children, according to Kwak Keum-joo, a professor of psychology at Seoul National University. 

"Numerous people these days do not have children, mostly owing to economic reasons, and hence men do not consider a woman's age as much as they did in the past when thinking of marriage," Kwak told The Korea Times. 

She said in evolutionary psychology, it was believed that men instinctively prefer younger women for better reproduction chances. 

"I would say evolutionary psychology is still dominant," Kwak said. "But exceptional cases, in which people suppress their instincts to reproduce due to economic factors, are sprouting these days and are defying the initial belief." 

Kwak also said that some women love the feeling of being responsible and like to give "maternal love" to younger men, suggesting another reason behind the increase in non-traditional couples. 

The professor added women have become more economically independent and can choose their husbands thanks to their money-making strength. 

"Hunting was a way to accumulate wealth in the past and it was usually a task for men, which enabled those with superior hunting skills to choose young and beautiful women," Kwak said. 

"Nowadays, however, the majority of women earn their own money and cultivate skills in their own fields, therefore they do not have to rely on men's wealth and regard it as the foremost condition when choosing husbands."

optimize
Sung Nak-il, a professor of economics at University of Seoul
Hence, these women might look for something different, such the appearance or personality of men.

Sung's perspective is similar to Kwak's. Agreeing that the economic power of women has contributed to an increase in older women-younger men couples, Sung underscored that the delay in women's marriages resulted from their active involvement in the economy has been a major cause of the rise. 

"The trend can be attributed to a change in women's age of marriage rather than a change in their perceptions," Sung told The Korea Times. "From statistics, it can be observed that as women get older, more of them tend to tie the knot with younger men."

optimize
The graph shows the older-women/younger-men marriages (OWYMM) proportion by wife's age at marriage. Capture from the 2015 paper "Who marries a younger man? Marriages between older women and younger men in Korea," written by Sung Nak-il, Lee Bun-sung and Jo Dong-hyuk

The graph shows that 30 percent of women in their late 30s or early 40s are marrying younger men in 2000s, while less than 10 percent of women in their 20s tie the knot with younger men. 

Sung said this is firstly due to a decrease in the number of "available" men. In the paper "Who marries a younger man? Marriages between older women and younger men in Korea," published online in 2015, Sung and his co-authors wrote: "As a woman marries older, her marriage pool of candidates narrows, thereby increasing the likelihood of OWYMMs (older-women/younger-men marriages.) In other words, one of the rational choices of older women given the demographic constraints of the marriage market (i.e. the limited number of eligible men) may be the OWYMM."

The professor also referred to the concept of exchange theory and hypergamy, a type of marriage that allows a rise in status, to explain the increase. 

"Women 'trade' their level of education or income with men's youth or attractiveness in exchange theory, which is a case of hypergamy for men," Sung said. 

22 minutes ago, AleAle said:

e db lone outdated fellows think like that edo divorcee , edo past relation avedo taboo laga chustaru 

@AleAle meek enti madam ennayina chebutharu, ikkada boni kooda kaledhu antunna @Rshiva

1 hour ago, MuPaGuNa said:

aatma bhanduvu...one of my fav movie...

raaja gaari music big asset ee movie ki...

aa fish curry scene oka aanimuthyam....

@3$%

5 hours ago, AleAle said:

age gap girl n guy ki just 1 month difference unte  bagane untara

marriage ki preferrable?

first ayete chesuko traruvata sangathi nachakapothe vadili padadobbudam

Just now, raaajaaa said:

first ayete chesuko traruvata sangathi nachakapothe vadili padadobbudam

malli    2600$$ alimony ?

baga ideas istunnnava

• 1 year later...