I dont understand, what's wrong with making govt schools english medium?

RollNo21

26 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Yeah English medium schools chesthe edho magic wand laga immediately corporate schools taggipothayi annatlu maatladuthunnaru. Growing up I had many friends who went to government schools. Aa school grounds ki classes ki bathrooms ki velledanni. Maa daddy adigevaru maarathava aa school ki ani. Chachina maaranu anedanni reason lack of basic amenities. Benches sarigga undav bathrooms neat ga undav teachers raaru vachina sarigga chepparu. Nenu English to telugu translation adukkuni konni concepts maa friends ki explain chesedanni. Basic issues ni resolve cheyyakunda English medium ki maarchinantha matrana pillalni emi pampincheyyaru parents govt schools ki

bhayya the basic idea is to make govt. schools more competitive , most of the govt. schools are in villages, so that village lo chadive vallani competitive ga cheyalanede plan

20 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Should there be grading for schools and should teachers be judged on how well their students perform? I mean govt schools lo kids don’t get the best facilities and teachers . How else can you guarantee that the kids are ready for the modern world? 

Thvaralo teacher kaabothunna @Pillipilla vuu

I didn't go to a Government school but I went to a Government college. The teaching was decent actually, but the research facilities could be better. And teachers are evaluated after every semester, the students rate them depending on how we find a class. 

5 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I didn't go to a Government school but I went to a Government college. The teaching was decent actually, but the research facilities could be better. And teachers are evaluated after every semester, the students rate them depending on how we find a class. 

I am talking about grading teachers in govt schools based on the performance of the students. I know govt colleges have better teachers. Should the govt be evaluating what the teachers are doing? Or is funding  government schools a better option?

3 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

I am talking about grading teachers in govt schools based on the performance of the students. I know govt colleges have better teachers. Should the govt be evaluating what the teachers are doing? Or is funding  government schools a better option?

I think students should evaluate teachers. That will also give them a sense of justice from an early age. In Government colleges, students also evaluate different messes for the quality of food and determine which ones can renew their contract. 

1 minute ago, Pillipilla said:

I think students should evaluate teachers. That will also give them a sense of justice from an early age. In Government colleges, students also evaluate different messes for the quality of food and determine which ones can renew their contract. 

Yeah but they are kids and they can be influenced by the teachers. How kids are performing in public exams should be a good yardstick no? Pumping a lot of money into the school system will also work imo.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Yeah but they are kids and they can be influenced by the teachers. How kids are performing in public exams should be a good yardstick no? Pumping a lot of money into the school system will also work imo.

I don't know if that's a good measure. Not everyone is smart, some need more attention than the other. And a teacher that takes care of the less smart kids is better than the ones that take care of the smarter kids. Although I liked the second kind of teachers better, in retrospect, the first kind made better teachers. 

35 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I don't know if that's a good measure. Not everyone is smart, some need more attention than the other. And a teacher that takes care of the less smart kids is better than the ones that take care of the smarter kids. Although I liked the second kind of teachers better, in retrospect, the first kind made better teachers. 

May be a Solution is somewhere in the middle with regards to teaching in govt schools. Fund them well so that the good teachers are attracted by the pay, ask them to be graded by the students and eventually rated by the students performance.