gcp data engineer

AleAle

2 hours ago, jeessy_bb said:

Instead of doing these certifications, have you instead thought about learning the internals of large open source projects like hadoop, cassandra . Not talking about learning how to use the tech but actually looking at the code like - https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/trunk/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs . From ur previous threads i can see you are interested and have worked on few of these. 

Not trying to discourage what you are doing but you'll learn a lot if you actually look at the source code of large open source projects. If you have already done it then thats nice. Reading technical papers along with their implementation is also good. Just how i do things . Again not preaching anything to you. Small piece of advise which might or not help you. 

Having certifications along with these are also very important. Gone are the days...naaku idhi vachu ante....nobody cares......advertising yourself is also very important.......lot of people just learn things.....you need to advertise at the same time as well......

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, curious_george said:

Having certifications along with these are also very important. Gone are the days...naaku idhi vachu ante....nobody cares......advertising yourself is also very important.......lot of people just learn things.....you need to advertise at the same time as well......

Thats why i said implement the things after you learn. Maybe even a small application. Relevant work experience along with ur projects on the side will get you attention/call from the companies doing the most interesting things . From personal experience , when i recently moved companies, the interviews were a breeze as i had contributed to open source projects while in my old company. They were very interested in my side projects rather than my university degree or any certifications. 

I have to admit, i dont know much about how certification courses are. My vague idea about them is that they just teach you theory and how to use the API's rather than writing the API's itself. A crude example is you might learn how to use java.util.concurrent package but can you learn how to write classes in that package. This might sound too much and not needed for a lot of ppl but what i was suggesting was to learn completely so you'll be able to implement anything. 

• Upvote 1