Suggest some health insurance plans in India for senior citizens

dasari4kntr

3 minutes ago, Sachin200 said:

Medical tests emana chesara bro?

Star Health Red carpet ki not needed you need to declare pre existing diseases and they will be covered after 1st year.. But its Co-Pay Policy.

Just now, Kool_SRG said:

Star Health Red carpet ki not needed you need to declare pre existing diseases and they will be covered after 1st year.. But its Co-Pay Policy.

ee pre existing disease ki manipal cigna vaallu oka plan ki 48 months inko plan ki 36 months ila options  unnaai monne maa office ki vachi demo ichaaru annaai ee health insurance gurinchi star vaallu kooda vachaaru

3 minutes ago, aakathaai789 said:

ee pre existing disease ki manipal cigna vaallu oka plan ki 48 months inko plan ki 36 months ila options  unnaai monne maa office ki vachi demo ichaaru annaai ee health insurance gurinchi star vaallu kooda vachaaru

48 months & 36 months waiting period is pretty much common in all companies.

Star Red Carpet is more suited for 65 Yrs Plus Senior citizens where in options are minimum. Religare vaalladhi kuda undi for Senior citizens with Co-Pay but daaniki 24 months waiting anukunta for pre existing.

19 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Co pay enta untadi

47 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Dasari already took Star Health plan... Vaalla parents age ki options takkuva untaayi.

@Kool_SRG @jalsa01 @kevinUsa

need help...

my fathers helath insurace plan went well...but my mother's having some problem...

during the Star verification call...my mother told..she had some recent issues with BP..so they are saying it is pre-existing condition..and asking 50% more premium and they dont cover any BP related for first 2 years...

i cant decide should i continue the star for my mother or should i go for new?

32 minutes ago, Sachin200 said:

Medical tests emana chesara bro?

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

need help...

my fathers helath insurace plan went well...but my mother's having some problem...

during the Start verification call...my mother told..she had some recent issues with BP..so they are saying it is pre-existing condition..and asking 50% more premium and they dont cover any BP related for first 2 years...

for my father no medical tests..everything went well...he got received all papers from STAR

but for my mother...during verification call..she mentioned few additional details abuout her blood pressure..so they are saying its pre-existing condition...talks are going on...

just looking alternate for my mother alone...just incase

need help...

during the Start verification call...my mother told..she had some recent issues with BP..so they are saying it is pre-existing condition..and asking 50% more premium and they dont cover any BP related for first 2 years...

If you aren't sure you can drop proposal bro since first 15 days freelook period untaadi even if policy is issued and can look for new one altogether..

Yes Pre existing unte they will cover after 2 yrs waiting period and there could be difference in premium.

@dasari4kntr

Free-Look Period

You have bought a new insurance policy and received the policy document and find that the terms and conditions are not what you wanted. What do you do? Grin and bear it?

Not at all. 
IRDA has built into its regulations a consumer-friendly provision that takes care this problem.
If you have bought a policy and realise you don’t want it you can return it and get a refund.

There are conditions though.
  • This applies only to Life insurance policies and
  • To Health insurance policy that are for a term of at least 3 years
  • You can exercise this option within 15 days of receiving the policy document
  • You have to communicate to the company in writing
  • The premium refund will be adjusted for
    • proportionate risk premium for the period on cover
    • expenses incurred by the insurer on medical examination and
    • stamp duty charges
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

If you aren't sure you can drop proposal bro since first 15 days freelook period untaadi even if policy is issued and can look for new one altogether..

Yes Pre existing unte they will cover after 2 yrs waiting period and there could be difference in premium.

yup..i am not worried about money..but my worry is ..even though after we mention per-existing condition..they are not covering for 2 years...

all the policies are same with pre-existing?

yup..i am not worried about money..but my worry is ..even though after we mention per-existing condition..they are not covering for 2 years...

all the policies are same with pre-existing?

Yes Comprehensive ante pre-existing ki waiting period untaadi pretty much same for all companies but waiting period could vary..

Earlier it used be 4 yrs now some have reduced to 3 yrs and some 2 yrs.

2 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Yes Comprehensive ante pre-existing ki waiting period untaadi pretty much same for all companies but waiting period could vary..

Earlier it used be 4 yrs now some have reduced to 3 yrs and some 2 yrs.

ok..most probably i will continue with STAR for my mother...