What’s happening in Minneapolis?

ramabeer

2 hours ago, Naaperushiva said:

It's not about being aggressive or  non aggressive one's i was saying in terms of ethics...

Didn't we just domesticated them for our own use .... dogs were bred for hunting and protection

and cats for rodent control..

You also talked about "exotic" animals - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_pet - and I said exotic animals belong in the wild and generally not suited as pets (except for those weird kids on the block).

Not sure what point you are trying to make here by venting your opinion on a forum - that's not going to change anything because billions of people who adopted pets for centuries and love them dearly like their own children - as well as the billions of adopted pets themselves - disagree with you - making you a minority. If you wanna understand a pet, go to an animal shelter and adopt a homeless cat or a dog and save it from getting euthanized due to no room for more homeless animals and not getting adopted. That's the only way to understand a pet - it is similar to how you won't be able to understand or relate to another child unless you conceive a child yourself. It costs peanuts to adopt a pet (just a paltry donation fee) and you will feel good. Your kids will learn responsibility and how to care for others and a lot more from pets.

Domesticating is only ethical and the pets are not losing anything by being adopted - they have a secure home and a safe and peaceful life! There is absolutely NO comparison between a sick, hungry, homeless, lonely and miserable cat living outdoors walking and sleeping on the snow for half of the year and exposed to the hazards and dangers of the nature 24/7 and a healthy, well-fed, domestic cat dozing cozily on the couch for hours and warm indoors with a LOVING family and tons of FUN, visiting the vet periodically for shots and checkups and extending their longevity - that is humane, if you ask me. NO pet would want to leave that stable, loving environment and go back into the wild, if you ask them.

What USE do cats have when we are adopting them? There are no rodents in modern homes - why are we still adopting them as indoor pets? They don't provide any security like dogs do and they don't offer anything that dogs don't offer already and then some. And yet, there is a reason why cats are still being adopted and why they RULE the Internet! It is what it is.

Our forefathers lived in caves for centuries roaming half-naked, wearing banana leaves, hunting animals and eating raw meat - why are we dwelling in metro cities, driving cars, flying cross-continent, living and breathing technology now - with plans to settle on Mars? Why do we need all of this?? Why can't we go back to our roots and the caves and have a simple life (you should question this too) - we are not going to lose anything or die living in the wild, are we?

Our delicate skin alone is not suited for the wild - even a baby wolf or a baby hyena can rip our skin off! Leave alone how weak, dwarfed and humbled we are compared to mammoth wild animals. We are not wild animals and not cut out for the wild.

It is what it is.

9 hours ago, MagaMaharaju said:

minnesota adopted somalians

What do yo mean by they adopted somalians? You Sound like a racist too! Haven't you seen the video? It clearly shows he pressed his knee into his neck though he was begging the officer and was gasping for a breath. Well, i would not support the protests but this should atleast bring justice to his family by putting him behind bars like a common man rather than just terminating him from his job. The officer does not know tge value of life and if he was married and had children they gonna end up bullying other kids in school abd eventually end up like their dad.

1 hour ago, Zuri said:

What do yo mean by they adopted somalians? You Sound like a racist too! Haven't you seen the video? It clearly shows he pressed his knee into his neck though he was begging the officer and was gasping for a breath. Well, i would not support the protests but this should atleast bring justice to his family by putting him behind bars like a common man rather than just terminating him from his job. The officer does not know tge value of life and if he was married and had children they gonna end up bullying other kids in school abd eventually end up like their dad.

I wasn’t aware of the floyd event. My bad

47 minutes ago, MagaMaharaju said:

I wasn’t aware of the floyd event. My bad

On top of that there aren’t a lot of Somalians that I see in the protesters. They mostly look like normal black people. Also there have been multiple racist incidents or perceived racist incidents in the recent days. Maybe they are vexed. 

7 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

On top of that there aren’t a lot of Somalians that I see in the protesters. They mostly look like normal black people. Also there have been multiple racist incidents or perceived racist incidents in the recent days. Maybe they are vexed. 

its not just black people. US has a problem with policing. police are out of control.

1 minute ago, bombay99 said:

looks like more loots than Ferguson bro its bad for the Minneapolis

bad, because?

Trump is gonna call in the national guard and shoot people aa?

8 hours ago, Bhumchik said:

You also talked about "exotic" animals - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_pet - and I said exotic animals belong in the wild and generally not suited as pets (except for those weird kids on the block).

Not sure what point you are trying to make here by venting your opinion on a forum - that's not going to change anything because billions of people who adopted pets for centuries and love them dearly like their own children - as well as the billions of adopted pets themselves - disagree with you - making you a minority. If you wanna understand a pet, go to an animal shelter and adopt a homeless cat or a dog and save it from getting euthanized due to no room for more homeless animals and not getting adopted. That's the only way to understand a pet - it is similar to how you won't be able to understand or relate to another child unless you conceive a child yourself. It costs peanuts to adopt a pet (just a paltry donation fee) and you will feel good. Your kids will learn responsibility and how to care for others and a lot more from pets.

Domesticating is only ethical and the pets are not losing anything by being adopted - they have a secure home and a safe and peaceful life! There is absolutely NO comparison between a sick, hungry, homeless, lonely and miserable cat living outdoors walking and sleeping on the snow for half of the year and exposed to the hazards and dangers of the nature 24/7 and a healthy, well-fed, domestic cat dozing cozily on the couch for hours and warm indoors with a LOVING family and tons of FUN, visiting the vet periodically for shots and checkups and extending their longevity - that is humane, if you ask me. NO pet would want to leave that stable, loving environment and go back into the wild, if you ask them.

What USE do cats have when we are adopting them? There are no rodents in modern homes - why are we still adopting them as indoor pets? They don't provide any security like dogs do and they don't offer anything that dogs don't offer already and then some. And yet, there is a reason why cats are still being adopted and why they RULE the Internet! It is what it is.

Our forefathers lived in caves for centuries roaming half-naked, wearing banana leaves, hunting animals and eating raw meat - why are we dwelling in metro cities, driving cars, flying cross-continent, living and breathing technology now - with plans to settle on Mars? Why do we need all of this?? Why can't we go back to our roots and the caves and have a simple life (you should question this too) - we are not going to lose anything or die living in the wild, are we?

Our delicate skin alone is not suited for the wild - even a baby wolf or a baby hyena can rip our skin off! Leave alone how weak, dwarfed and humbled we are compared to mammoth wild animals. We are not wild animals and not cut out for the wild.

It is what it is.

How may pets are being adopted from animal shelter vs how many are being breed or bought?  Why does these animals end up in animal shelters? While considerable animals especially cats are runways, most of the dogs (and few cats) are turned tothe animal shelter by their owners. These animals just didn't end up in animal shelter out of the blue.  And why are these any being euthanized at the animals shelters? Who decides them to be euthanized or adopted?'

The answer and reason for above all is HUMAN.  

Does human owns the life of those animals? Who are we to decide what is best for them? Deciding their fate in the name of love and their well being is nothing but psycho ism. When we do the same to other human being, it is called TOXIC relation ship.

Its not just "What it is".  We use animals as pets not for them but for our well being. Agree that humans are selfish MOFOS, and it is "What it is".  Own it and be done for the day. Don't come up with BS reasons like we do it for their well being.