Kerala CM’s daughter to marry a Muslim; Hindutva gang criticizes

bostonbro

12 minutes ago, batman2 said:

all your saying is fine but again i am asking simple data

then we want to see what covering you guys will give for it

that's what I am saying I don't care for any data. I am just commenting out this particular case. 

for second sentence-- I am not liberal or left or right  if you think so.

but all I wanted to say is you using swear words who doesn't agree to your point is unwarranted. 

6 minutes ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

that's what I am saying I don't care for any data. I am just commenting out this particular case. 

for second sentence-- I am not liberal or left or right  if you think so.

but all I wanted to say is you using swear words who doesn't agree to your point is unwarranted. 

do you think i care if some middle aged divorcee married a turak?? most ppl here dont

i am talking about the larger social context here.

guys like you have an ostrich approach - simply bury the head. or just gloss over

what is your answer to my question? and why you dont wanna answer it? 

4 minutes ago, batman2 said:

do you think i care if some middle aged divorcee married a turak?? most ppl here dont

i am talking about the larger social context here.

guys like you have an ostrich approach - simply bury the head. or just gloss over

what is your answer to my question? and why you dont wanna answer it? 

like wise I told you I don't care what statistics are and I don't know the stats, I don't know the ground reality as well since I am not living in India for the past 10 years. Once I move back for good, I might be in a position to answer your question happy. until then can you please not abuse your fellow dbians who don't agree to your facts or opinions or views. 

On 6/14/2020 at 12:32 AM, dasari4kntr said:

i am not discussing about other conversations in this thread (i didnt read most of them also)...i am just asking you directly because you said you are the follower of swamy vivekanandha in other thread.... (with all due respect no offense..i do follow his readings)

but i would like to know your view/ suggestion / solution..if someone genuinely fall in love irrespective of religion (muslim boy hindhu girl or  hindu boy muslim girl or some other religion like christian or caste...)

now we are in open society...co-education, all religions / casts in the college...for younger generation its natural to fall in love irrespective of religion or caste or class....

so...

should we allow them to marry (if we respect our kids/family members  choices) ?

or should we forcely divert them to some arranged marriage ?

or should we do honor killing our family members?

or lynching on other party?

i have inter caste marriage in my family..(during  that time we did think of all these options..finally choose to let them marry...after that we didnt regret...)

this is not a counter...or anything...just asking what you do in that scenario?

(civilized discussion is appreciated..)

Although the questions you've raised are not related to love-j(e)had to which my comment was pointed to, I'll provide my responses. 

Inter-caste or Inter-faith marriages are a personal choice. Forcing to marry someone else or resorting to other methods that you mentioned is no solution if the cause itself is genuine. 

Let's look at love-j(e)had: 

This was first brought to limelight by Christian community of Kerala in 2009 and subsequently in Karnataka. The issue was that there were targeted efforts to marry and convert Christian girls by men from (E) slamic community. This was done by feigning love. Why should this be someone else's concern? 

Because:

i) There were incidents in which the girl was forcefully converted by blackmailing or employing other measures post-marriage or post-childbirth. 

ii) There were incidents in which the boy pretended to belong to Hindu/Christian community until marriage. After marriage the girl discovers that she was deceived and on the top of that she's now being pressurized to convert. 

iii) Practice of polygamy without the consent of the girl. In certain cases, the girl post-marriage discovers that she's not his ONLY wife.

iv) Girl is a minor and the man seduces her, elopes with her and converts her. Since it is legal to marry a minor in (E) slam so nothing else can be done by the family by law. 

I am only citing a few cases here. There are cases in which blackmail, forceful abduction, rape and murder were involved. 

So, is it not the responsibility of the family to make one's kith & kin wary of such predators in the world they are living in? or should we just normalize the situation and be a mute spectator?  

P.S. I only use certain adjectives towards people who do not deserve a decent response. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One ID here, whose mental faculties have given upon him long ago and who no longer can differentiate between real vs unreal is trying hard to strike a conversation. To that ID, I neither can laugh at your mental condition nor validate your delusions by responding to your cooked-up stories, which only exist in your delusional world. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Although the questions you've raised are not related to love-j(e)had to which my comment was pointed to, I'll provide my responses. 

Inter-caste or Inter-faith marriages are a personal choice. Forcing to marry someone else or resorting to other methods that you mentioned is no solution if the cause itself is genuine. 

Let's look at love-j(e)had: 

This was first brought to limelight by Christian community of Kerala in 2009 and subsequently in Karnataka. The issue was that there were targeted efforts to marry and convert Christian girls by men from (E) slamic community. This was done by feigning love. Why should this be someone else's concern? 

Because:

i) There were incidents in which the girl was forcefully converted by blackmailing or employing other measures post-marriage or post-childbirth. 

ii) There were incidents in which the boy pretended to belong to Hindu/Christian community until marriage. After marriage the girl discovers that she was deceived and on the top of that she's now being pressurized to convert. 

iii) Practice of polygamy without the consent of the girl. In certain cases, the girl post-marriage discovers that she's not his ONLY wife.

iv) Girl is a minor and the man seduces her, elopes with her and converts her. Since it is legal to marry a minor in (E) slam so nothing else can be done by the family by law. 

I am only citing a few cases here. There are cases in which blackmail, forceful abduction, rape and murder were involved. 

So, is it not the responsibility of the family to make one's kith & kin wary of such predators in the world they are living in? or should we just normalize the situation and be a mute spectator?  

P.S. I only use certain adjectives towards people who do not deserve a decent response. 

iii) lot of muslim girls are married off to dubai sheiks in old city for the sake of money. these cases where muslim community especially women need right education to not fall into such traps. 

iv) unfortunately those things are happening and I feel uniform civil code is the solution in such cases. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Michaelbarbosa said:

iii) lot of muslim girls are married off to dubai sheiks in old city for the sake of money. these cases where muslim community especially women need right education to not fall into such traps. 

iv) unfortunately those things are happening and I feel uniform civil code is the solution in such cases. 

Yup. Since it's highly politicized, any efforts in that direction will result in another shaheen-bagh and unlimited news coverage in International media on how India has become intolerant under the current PM. 

Just now, Mirage said:

Yup. Since it's highly politicized, any efforts in that direction will result in another shaheen-bagh and unlimited news coverage in International media on how India has become intolerant under the current PM. 

Unless abolish ,all India Muslim personal law board no rights to Muslim women,Shias etc

Just now, Mirage said:

why it would result in another shaheen bagh, 

secular -- any one has choice to follow religion, govt should not discriminate based on religion. 

uniform civil code- everyone is equal according to law, govt should not discriminate based on religion. 

why those cannot be equated but I agree that even Hindus will feel the heat 

Just now, Michaelbarbosa said:

why it would result in another shaheen bagh, 

secular -- any one has choice to follow religion, govt should not discriminate based on religion. 

uniform civil code- everyone is equal according to law, govt should not discriminate based on religion. 

why those cannot be equated but I agree that even Hindus will feel the heat 

In politics logic doesn't work much. Narratives work. Entities that pump money decide. 

10 minutes ago, Silverado said:

Unless abolish ,all India Muslim personal law board no rights to Muslim women,Shias etc

evaru oppukuntaaru bhayya. ivvani ayye muchatlena

1 minute ago, Mirage said:

evaru oppukuntaaru bhayya. ivvani ayye muchatlena

Ratri ratre 370 teesi dobbaleda,if Modi feel it's discriminatory to Muslim women,Shias,ahmeddayis ,5 minutes lo lepesatadu

• Upvote 1

Just now, Silverado said:

Ratri ratre 370 teesi dobbaleda,if Modi feel it's discriminatory to Muslim women,Shias,ahmeddayis ,5 minutes lo lepesatadu

370 katha veru kada bhayya. Triple Talaq daanike antha pedda lolli aindi. Soodam em chestharo. 

Just now, Mirage said:

370 katha veru kada bhayya. Triple Talaq daanike antha pedda lolli aindi. Soodam em chestharo. 

Mullah galaki common law accept chepinchali, otherwise we can forget Kerala,

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mirage said:

man when I was in India a uber driver was discussing with my brother abt that bill and was whining about how that's bad will result in killing of women and all, I was angry but didn't wanted to argue I slept enroute. 

• Upvote 1