Doordarshan tele casted wonderful programs unlike paid channels

Daaarling

My Dad was telling me that Doordarshan used to telecast nice programs which are useful for the society covering topics like farming,education,news and employment opportunities along with some entertainment. He used to watch regional movies that were telecasted on Sundays. He always say that todays generation is being fed garbage through these TV channels and the crime has increased after the introduction cable TVS.

upto 80s though India was unliveable for 80% of the population

now its unliveable only for 20%.

choose which you want?

80% borderline hunger or 20% hunger? single govt owned channel vs multiple crap channels that employ lakhs of people?

world runs on crap and mediocrity. including the greatest country on earth USA - the pinnacle of mediocrity.

switch off your tv, and find another pointless hobby

8 minutes ago, Daaarling said:

My Dad was telling me that Doordarshan used to telecast nice programs which are useful for the society covering topics like farming,education,news and employment opportunities along with some entertainment. He used to watch regional movies that were telecasted on Sundays. He always say that todays generation is being fed garbage through these TV channels and the crime has increased after the introduction cable TVS.

even now a days also you can watch...Nation Geographic Channel, Discovery, History..etc channels...

do you know, those channels exist...

let me know if you are interested...i can suggest you few "GOOD" channels, podcasts..where you can improve your knowledge...

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

even now a days also you can watch...Nation Geographic Channel, Discovery, History..etc channels...

let me know if you are interested...i can suggest you few "GOOD" channels, podcasts..where you can improve your knowledge...

if you watch too much discovery channel and you get lucky, you become Elon Musk.

otherwise, you become and Elon Musk fan :giggle:

Just now, TrollBait said:

if you watch too much discovery channel and you get lucky, you become Elon Musk.

otherwise, you become and Elon Musk fan :giggle:

ohh..it became musk bhajana channel? now a days i am not watching much tv...

i am full on podcasts...

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Yes they are good but how many watch them?

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

ohh..it became musk bhajana channel? now a days i am not watching much tv...

i am full on podcasts...

no. its not musk bhajana channel. But I don't think it is useful to watch it. most people who watch it hold on to childish grandiose notions of science that people like Elon Musk cash in to build their brand.

2 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

in 1980s and 1990s earlier, TV sets are very very very expensive. For example we owned a TV set that was carried with additional baggage from duty free dubai - sear selcot colour TV from Dubai in 1992. BPL was very exepsnive, sayonara where double taxed 

Later PV narishma rao and Manmohan introduced economic reforms which made foregin investments, capitalism and mass production of TV sets in 1996 

akai , aiwa, sony tv , thompson all flooded indian market.

before 1994 .. people who used to watch tv are urban population government employees and industrilaists. They only used to prefer educated shows and forward shows in DD METRO

after 1994 uneducated rural population preferred less popular crap  , tv serials with soap operas and dramas, hence producers like balaji telefilms capatilised the demand.

Even today there are many quality shows , the problem is they dont reach people like your dad and mom.

thanks to netflix and prime .. again your dad mom who used to watch doordarshan in 1990s can select tv shows of their choice.

Wow good analysis. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

You are such a sweet uncle @dasari4kntr