Doordarshan tele casted wonderful programs unlike paid channels

Daaarling

18 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

in 1980s and 1990s earlier, TV sets are very very very expensive. For example we owned a TV set that was carried with additional baggage from duty free dubai - sear selcot colour TV from Dubai in 1992. BPL was very exepsnive, sayonara where double taxed 

Later PV narishma rao and Manmohan introduced economic reforms which made foregin investments, capitalism and mass production of TV sets in 1996 

akai , aiwa, sony tv , thompson all flooded indian market.

before 1994 .. people who used to watch tv are urban population government employees and industrilaists. They only used to prefer educated shows and forward shows in DD METRO

after 1994 uneducated rural population preferred less popular crap  , tv serials with soap operas and dramas, hence producers like balaji telefilms capatilised the demand.

Even today there are many quality shows , the problem is they dont reach people like your dad and mom.

thanks to netflix and prime .. again your dad mom who used to watch doordarshan in 1990s can select tv shows of their choice.

Color tv transmission started in India in early 80's during indira gandhi regime..i think it got introduced during Asiad games

Color tv's were available  in India during that time. ECIL used to sell EC color TVs in early 80s

16 minutes ago, Truth_Holds said:

Color tv transmission started in India in early 80's during indira gandhi regime..i think it got introduced during Asiad games

Color tv's were available  in India during that time. ECIL used to sell EC color TVs in early 80s

Live coverage in India started with Asiad..

Color TV’s have been in the Indian market since 1980’s. Sony, Orson,EC TV, Dynora etc were popular brands of color TV’s. Early 90’s, Videocon,BPL and Onida ruled the market before foreign players entered.

8 hours ago, Daaarling said:

My Dad was telling me that Doordarshan used to telecast nice programs which are useful for the society covering topics like farming,education,news and employment opportunities along with some entertainment. He used to watch regional movies that were telecasted on Sundays. He always say that todays generation is being fed garbage through these TV channels and the crime has increased after the introduction cable TVS.

i dont think crime has increased because of cable tv. crime always  happened now it is being telecasted more because of these 24hr channels and we think crime increased.

19 minutes ago, maverick19 said:

i dont think crime has increased because of cable tv. crime always  happened now it is being telecasted more because of these 24hr channels and we think crime increased.

yes. India has gotten better and more equal. still long way to go.