Laptop suggestion...Mac Pro or Surface Pro?

Daaarling

7 minutes ago, Sarvapindi said:

Dell lo 300 nunchi 3000 daaka unnay ..paisal ekkuva pedithe manchivi vastay edina

in terms of warranty i felt dell best bro

u can service it anywhere in the world

after mac i felt dell is better

us lo laptop repair antey better to buy new one

On 7/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, Daaarling said:

Isn't Thinkpad good?

enough waiting asking questions

life is too small to enjoy all good things with which everyone spends most of the time

macbook petti andari nollu mooyinchu

endukante 90% ikkada macbook konna faces kaavu

so they will give only alternate options

imagine the smooth touch to your sensitive hands and getting a picture or video lo the other people getting amazed at how beautiful you look with the kind of image projections being made

well I already did that and so saying

remaining is still up for discussion nevertheless as it is always a personal choice 

On 7/12/2020 at 1:04 AM, afacc123 said:

enough waiting asking questions

life is too small to enjoy all good things with which everyone spends most of the time

macbook petti andari nollu mooyinchu

endukante 90% ikkada macbook konna faces kaavu

so they will give only alternate options

imagine the smooth touch to your sensitive hands and getting a picture or video lo the other people getting amazed at how beautiful you look with the kind of image projections being made

well I already did that and so saying

remaining is still up for discussion nevertheless as it is always a personal choice 

No doubt Macbooks are beast when it comes to reliability but as a software engineer I work mostly on applications that are more compatable to windows.

1 hour ago, Daaarling said:

No doubt Macbooks are beast when it comes to reliability but as a software engineer I work mostly on applications that are more compatable to windows.

Hey I am not sure about your experience but there are all applications for Mac as well

but I understand the compulsion because if 9 r showing on windows just one shows on Mac then it is odd

good thinking 

never thought of this 

20 hours ago, afacc123 said:

Hey I am not sure about your experience but there are all applications for Mac as well

but I understand the compulsion because if 9 r showing on windows just one shows on Mac then it is odd

good thinking 

never thought of this 

When you are dealing with issues related to web services of clients or IIS Management etc then to reproduce those issue on Mac is quite difficult.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:48 PM, Daaarling said:

When you are dealing with issues related to web services of clients or IIS Management etc then to reproduce those issue on Mac is quite difficult.

If you are fixated on buying Windows laptop, nothing can change you.

Why ask then? Just remove Mac Pro from the thread title and save others’ time.

If anyone thinks Apple products are expensive, Apple would not sustain as a trillion-dollar company if their products don’t match their pricing because a competitor can eat their lunch just like that and the hundreds of marketing pros and C-level executives at Apple know it better than we do. You are paying for hardware, software, quality, beauty, perfection, decades of R&D, IP, no viruses / anti-virus subscription monkey business, durability, RESALE VALUE... You won’t get anything for reselling an old Windows laptop or an Android phone or Android tablet that would become a mud brick in a couple of years. If competitors have to match Apple’s quality, durability and resale value, the price of their products would far exceed the price of Apple products (because those manufacturers don’t make Windows or Android but pay royalties from their profits - Apple makes macOS, offers it for FREE and it’s a marriage of hardware and software working seamlessly, squeezing every drop of performance - even with bare minimum specs). iPhone was initially launched in 2007 with 220 patents! Yeah, think before you make amateur statements.

You get what you pay for. Simple economics.

3 hours ago, Bhumchik said:

If you are fixated on buying Windows laptop, nothing can change you.

Why ask then? Remove Mac Pro from the thread title and save others’ time.

If anyone thinks Apple products are expensive, Apple would not sustain as a trillion-dollar company if their products don’t match their pricing because a competitor can eat their lunch just like that and the hundreds of marketing pros and C-level executives at Apple know it better than we do. You are paying for hardware, software, quality, beauty, perfection, decades of R&D, IP, no virus monkey business, durability, RESALE VALUE... You won’t get anything for reselling an old Windows laptop or an Android phone or Android tablet that would be a mud brick in a couple of years. If competitors have to match Apple’s quality, durability and resale value, the price of their products would far exceed the price of Apple products (because those manufacturers don’t make Windows or Android but pay royalties from their profits - Apple makes macOS, offers it for FREE and it’s a marriage of hardware and software working seamlessly, squeezing every drop of performance even with bare minimum specs). iPhone was initially launched in 2007 with 220 patents! Yeah, think before you make amateur statements.

You get what you pay for. Simple economics.

Thank you for the detail report. Even I like Mac pro just thinking if bootcamp windows works same as stand alone windows.

So much info all in one place is not available online - not even on YouTube - so consider yourself lucky to have me!

Yes, Bootcamp logs you directly into Windows installed on a separate partition and gives a native Windows environment with 100% resources like RAM, etc. There is no macOS context/instance while using Bootcamp - only Windows. This is ideal for things like gaming where more RAM is needed.

You can also install Windows right inside macOS as an app using a virtualization client like VMWare and it launches inside a window inside macOS and you can use both systems simultaneously.

Most clients give remote access to staff to log into their network. If so, you don’t even need to install Windows - just use the free Microsoft RD Client app (RDP) from Mac App Store which simulates Windows inside macOS. Your network admin should be able to setup or give you connection strings for RD Client to log into the network.

You can also install standalone Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps from Microsoft for macOS from Mac App Store or download free from a torrent site. What else do you need Windows for? If you want to install Windows, you still need a Windows license. Macs also come with Apple’s free Pages, Numbers and Keynote (iWork) apps. There is no decent equivalent (on Windows) to AppStore, iTunes, iCloud, iMovie, Photos, Messages, FaceTime, Podcasts, Books, GarageBand, Time Machine and many other apps with handoff and ecosystem that work seamlessly. You snap a photo on your iPhone - it is auto-synced to your iPad and Mac due to the ecosystem through iCloud. You start a document or draft an email on your iPad and finish it off on your Mac or iPhone - due to handoff. You can take incoming calls on all your Apple devices. Messages is one of the Apple’s most successful apps.

macOS is built on top of Unix (comes with a Terminal app) and It is ideal for web development, app development, graphic design, photo/video editing, music production... with ability to install other operating systems and giving the best of both worlds. It takes 2-3 weeks to get used to Mac and after that there is no going back to Windows - ever.

16” is too BIG and ideal for pro use like editing 4K videos. 13” is good enough for most users or go for a desktop Mac (that works on mains without battery and you can plug it in all the time). Pro lasts for at least 7 years or more if you do not install more than 3-4 major updates. More updates means more FAT downloaded for old hardware that can slow it down.

Some people simply say Macs are expensive without knowing the economics behind it. Apple products are NOT expensive to people who are buying them and are able to afford them. The only way competitors can beat Apple is by doing exactly what Apple is doing or better - develop O/S, apps, hardware, infra, ecosystem, AppStore that work seamlessly, retail outlet Stores... and their prices would far exceed Apple prices by the time they accomplish the feat. There is no comparison of Macs with cheap plastic Windows laptops with millions of viruses where a MILLION threats/viruses are being created every single day!

https://money.cnn.com/2015/04/14/technology/security/cyber-attack-hacks-security/

Apple products are not meant for poor people or who think they are expensive! Period.

”If you are really serious about software, you should make your own hardware” - said by Alan Kay 40 years ago and Apple does just that.

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alan_Kay

On 7/14/2020 at 2:33 AM, Bhumchik said:

Apple products are not meant for poor people or who think they are expensive! Period.

I meant to say -

poor people buy cheap products that keep breaking in a year or two and end up spending more over time.

Rich people buy quality durable products that cost more but end up spending less over time.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:11 AM, afacc123 said:

How is your experience 

I guess the 4 TB internal hard drive must be a SSD I supposedly think,

should have costed dearly in my opinion but would be absolutely blazing fast

login to your apple account and copy paste the configuration if you can

and also your experience enjoying everything around it

Catalpha who is this in picture?

Just got my MacBook Pro delivered, here are the configurations, 

PROCESSOR 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
GRAPHICS Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB GDDR
MEMORY 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
HARD DRIVE/SOLID STATE DRIVE 4TB SSD