Outstanding debts of Indian States

hyperbole

1 hour ago, RedThupaki said:

AP ki maathram jagan thoka and vaadi batta burra ayya vallaney ee paristhithi

Division time it was around 95k crores , last government borrowed generously for freebies . This government is also doing the same . 

After State division in six years,   long term capital investments emi ayinayi ?  

Polavaram  , konni central universities vachayi , konni NH upgraded , motham centrally funded  

Three cities lo underground drainage works start chesaru ,  konni roads vesaru , pattiseema , fibergrid is a huge failure , anything else ? 

Freebies are not so bad but Appu chesi freebies ivvadam enti both YCP , TDP governments. 

49 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Division time it was around 95k crores , last government borrowed generously for freebies . This government is also doing the same . 

After State division in six years,   long term capital investments emi ayinayi ?  

Polavaram  , konni central universities vachayi , konni NH upgraded , motham centrally funded  

Three cities lo underground drainage works start chesaru ,  konni roads vesaru , pattiseema , fibergrid is a huge failure , anything else ? 

Freebies are not so bad but Appu chesi freebies ivvadam enti both YCP , TDP governments. 

Chepinav ley thi, United AP unappudu em chesindu ys redddyyy gaaru, ippuud vaalla koduku oka one year 60k thousand crores appu

Veellu looti cheyutla first untaaru Gajji kodukulu

19 minutes ago, RedThupaki said:

Chepinav ley thi, United AP unappudu em chesindu ys redddyyy gaaru, ippuud vaalla koduku oka one year 60k thousand crores appu

Veellu looti cheyutla first untaaru Gajji kodukulu

lo mana previous govt lo kattalsina bills ke sagam ayinaayantaga

pasupu kumkuma ani 9000 crores appu chesi mari panchinapudu manchiga teesukuni mari jagagdiki votlu guddinaru kada ra ayya...

apudu levani noru why now man ?

telsinde kada..andhra pradesh ante ne appula pradesh...all thanks to visionary CBN...!!!

Thanks to ys thoka and jaganam to make AP into debt forever

Jala yagnam anaadu aa batta burrodu, khajana motham khaali 

Eedu nava randhralu anaadu vachina one year loney eppatiki taraganantha appu....

Thanks to redla paripalana...dochukovadam..daachukovadam

39 minutes ago, RedThupaki said:

Thanks to ys thoka and jaganam to make AP into debt forever

Jala yagnam anaadu aa batta burrodu, khajana motham khaali 

Eedu nava randhralu anaadu vachina one year loney eppatiki taraganantha appu....

Thanks to redla paripalana...dochukovadam..daachukovadam

This is actually without facts. The state revenue was surplus 128.44 crores in 1994 when Babu Sir took over. in 2004 -2005 when Babu sir moved out of the office, the state had revenue deficit of 21,720.92 crores. The debt rose from 16,175 crores to 57,588 crores. Out of the 57K crores, only 22K crores were Capital expenditure and the rest 35K were non productive expenditure. The asset-liability ratio was 1.01:1.00 in 1994. It fell drastically during CBN regime. If you want to go through a detailed report, here is the link.

https://www.apfinance.gov.in/Finance-Min-Speech-html/pbs-2004-middle.html

CBN's regime was always seeped in bad financial decisions. His debts were less on Capex and more on non productive expenditures. When the state

In 2010 budget the first after YSR died, the state had a revenue surplus of 1004 crores with deficit of 12406 crores and a total loan of 17703 crores. The best Capex came in YSRs regime because of Major projects.

http://ipr.ap.nic.in/images/whitepapers/FInance-White Paper-English.pdf

The documents clearly show that the worst financial situation of the state was under TDP. 

CBN was a vacuous visionary after all. To his credit he was an able administrator and encashed on the growing economy of the nineties. But, on the financial front his expenditures have always been dead expenditures mostly. In both his regimes, no major projects were constructed. Congress did much more for the state than TDP. But, as a kid/teenager I was always opposed to Congress. Only after I started getting into the real facts did I relaise, my idol CBN was not what he is projected to be. On any given day, I would take YSR as my CM than CBN now. But then I did not vote for YSR when he was alive. I was a TDP fanboi then.