Steve Bannon arrested and charged with fraud..

r2d2

Former Trump administration chief strategist Steve Bannon was charged on Thursday with fraud by federal prosecutors in New York and taken into custody.

The state of play: Bannon, along with three others, allegedly defrauded donors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars for their own profit with a crowdfunding campaign called "We Build the Wall" that raked in over $25 million.

The indictment says that Bannon, via a non-profit, took in over $1 million from the scheme "and at least some of it was used to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in [his] personal expenses."

Bannon's co-conspirators are Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea.

What they're saying: "As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said in a statement.

"This case should serve as a warning to other fraudsters that no one is above the law, not even a disabled war veteran or a millionaire political strategist," added Inspector-in-Charge Philip R. Bartlett.

15 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

Former Trump administration chief strategist Steve Bannon was charged on Thursday with fraud by federal prosecutors in New York and taken into custody.

The state of play: Bannon, along with three others, allegedly defrauded donors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars for their own profit with a crowdfunding campaign called "We Build the Wall" that raked in over $25 million.

The indictment says that Bannon, via a non-profit, took in over $1 million from the scheme "and at least some of it was used to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in [his] personal expenses."

Bannon's co-conspirators are Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea.

What they're saying: "As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said in a statement.

"This case should serve as a warning to other fraudsters that no one is above the law, not even a disabled war veteran or a millionaire political strategist," added Inspector-in-Charge Philip R. Bartlett.

lol baga aindi..those who donated to it deserved it

1 minute ago, siru said:

thatha gadi batch antha criminal batch ee vuntaru ento..almost its like a qualification.

#deepstate pannina kutra antunna thatha die hard db fans

thatha is  uselful fool. bannon gaadu ekkuva hero veshalu vesadu so vaadini nokki pettaru.

aakhariki vaadu etla ayyadu choosav ga. Europe velli edho podicheddam ani, kukka 10gulu 10ginchukunnadu.

bannon complete career collapse ever since he left thatha... thatha kooda oka vela odipoyaadey anuko.. Russia lo adukkunna aascharya ponakkarla.

so he'll try to win it max.

1 minute ago, reality said:

eedu MAGA movement to trump gadi right hand... this tells enough about MAGA

maga movement not abut maga uncle. its about liberals. it doesn't matter if entire movement is full of criminals. its still against liberals.

and a very typical template response from Thaatha.. he must be a very good programmer.. with all those reusable template responses.. 😀

"I feel very badly. I haven't been dealing with him for a very long period of time," Trump told reporters. "I haven't been dealing with him at all."

The president said he didn’t “know anything about the project at all” but also said he “didn’t like” it.

“I thought it was being done for showboating reasons,” Trump said.

15 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

and a very typical template response from Thaatha.. he must be a very good programmer.. with all those reusable template responses.. 😀

"I feel very badly. I haven't been dealing with him for a very long period of time," Trump told reporters. "I haven't been dealing with him at all."

The president said he didn’t “know anything about the project at all” but also said he “didn’t like” it.

“I thought it was being done for showboating reasons,” Trump said.

vid unte post pls