VFS site is up - Begin accepting applications from 11/02

ShruteSastry

10 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

is this true bro was ab to send kids oci application to vfs today

They retracted it, See below. 

Back to VFS for now :) - Indian Embassy Chicago clarifies CKGS will not be the provider from Monday on facebook. 
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1637371643118886&id=380976018758461
Kindly note that pop-up appearing on Cox and Kings Global Services (CKGS) website gives incorrect information. Agreement between CKGS and Embassy of India, Washington D.C. and Consulates General of India in USA has been terminated. CKGS is no more authorized to function as Outsourced Service Provider (OSP) for services related to Indian Passport, Visa, OCI and Renunciation of Passport in USA.

22 hours ago, LFC_YNWA said:

They retracted it, See below. 

Back to VFS for now :) - Indian Embassy Chicago clarifies CKGS will not be the provider from Monday on facebook. 
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1637371643118886&id=380976018758461
Kindly note that pop-up appearing on Cox and Kings Global Services (CKGS) website gives incorrect information. Agreement between CKGS and Embassy of India, Washington D.C. and Consulates General of India in USA has been terminated. CKGS is no more authorized to function as Outsourced Service Provider (OSP) for services related to Indian Passport, Visa, OCI and Renunciation of Passport in USA.

thanks bro 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

I was able to submit kids oci application to vfs and its accepted pm me if you have questions guys

which location? Do you have easy way to listing the documents needed? 

20 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Doc to be submitted on GOV website:

1. Applicant (Kid) passport copy 
2. Applicant birth certificarte copy
3. Parents passport copy
4. Parents Legal status copy ( I-797 or visa copy)
5. Parents Marriage certificate copy 
6. Parental Authorization form (Notarized, signed by both parents)
7. Address Proof copy

passport pic, kids thumb impression to be uploaded on GOV website 

Doc to be mailed to VFS:
1. Original Passport 
2. Original OCI application form Gov website with 
   a. 2 passport size pics attached to page1, kids Thumb impression on page 1 below photo
   b. 3rd page notarized & signed by both parents and kids thumb impression in applicant space (Left Thumb impression for Boys & Right Thumb impression for girls)
3. Applicant (Kid) passport copy 
4. Applicant birth certificate copy
5. Parents passport copy
6. Parents Legal status copy ( I-797/visa copy)
7. Parents Marriage certificate copy 
8. Parental Authorization form (Notarized, signed by both parents)
9. Address Proof copy
10.copy of Checklist check marked =>https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/india/united-states-of-america/oci-services/pdf/new-oci-minor-checklist.pdf

also self attest all copies you are sending

Bro, Final form print teskunaka, photo attach chestam, but thumbprint malla pettala....adi aleeady printed thumb impression to vastadi kada..

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Does anyone know how much time it’s taking for passport renewal ? 

Not sure, Have not seen any online forums or posts as well on the timeline, since this is a new setup with VFS after switch from CKGS. Previously with CKGS it was 3-4 weeks in non covid times. 

I have sent my application on Nov 4th to VFS ICAC NY. Current status is "Sent to CGI NY for approval". I am guessing anywhere between 4-6 weeks, Given COIVD and other delays. I will update this post Once I receive my passport. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

Doc to be submitted on GOV website:

1. Applicant (Kid) passport copy 
2. Applicant birth certificarte copy
3. Parents passport copy
4. Parents Legal status copy ( I-797 or visa copy)
5. Parents Marriage certificate copy 
6. Parental Authorization form (Notarized, signed by both parents)
7. Address Proof copy

passport pic, kids thumb impression to be uploaded on GOV website 

Doc to be mailed to VFS:
1. Original Passport 
2. Original OCI application form Gov website with 
   a. 2 passport size pics attached to page1, kids Thumb impression on page 1 below photo
   b. 3rd page notarized & signed by both parents and kids thumb impression in applicant space (Left Thumb impression for Boys & Right Thumb impression for girls)
3. Applicant (Kid) passport copy 
4. Applicant birth certificate copy
5. Parents passport copy
6. Parents Legal status copy ( I-797/visa copy)
7. Parents Marriage certificate copy 
8. Parental Authorization form (Notarized, signed by both parents)
9. Address Proof copy
10.copy of Checklist check marked =>https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/india/united-states-of-america/oci-services/pdf/new-oci-minor-checklist.pdf

also self attest all copies you are sending

if i am reading correct, we need to do notary only 2 forms(parental authorization form and page-3 of OCI application) is that correct bro?

5 hours ago, kajri said:

Bro, Final form print teskunaka, photo attach chestam, but thumbprint malla pettala....adi aleeady printed thumb impression to vastadi kada..

we put thumb impression beside the printed thumb impression, they accepted it

4 hours ago, Silent_Boy said:

if i am reading correct, we need to do notary only 2 forms(parental authorization form and page-3 of OCI application) is that correct bro?

yeah bro only 2 notarized document pages

• Thanks 1