VFS site is up - Begin accepting applications from 11/02

ShruteSastry

28 minutes ago, LFC_YNWA said:

some coincidence !!! Just got the email for Police verification as well :). 

Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application File (No. US2074336XXXXXX)

When did you apply Bro.. which location.. just to keep track of timeline 

8 minutes ago, chapstick said:

When did you apply Bro.. which location.. just to keep track of timeline 

I have sent/Fedex my application on Nov 4th ( the day they opened the VFS site - had all the documents ready before hand)to VFS ICAC NY.

2 hours ago, LFC_YNWA said:

I have sent/Fedex my application on Nov 4th ( the day they opened the VFS site - had all the documents ready before hand)to VFS ICAC NY.

Did you get any response from them acknowledging that they received your package ?? i sent my packet for OCI 5 days ago and still didnt receive any email or i dont see anything in my VFS account.  

7 hours ago, LFC_YNWA said:

Have you got the original password back yet bro ?

7 hours ago, jai thuss said:

Did you get any response from them acknowledging that they received your package ?? i sent my packet for OCI 5 days ago and still didnt receive any email or i dont see anything in my VFS account.  

You will not see anything in the VFS account, Try the tracking link. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/track-application 

Sent my packet packet on Wed, reached ICAC on Thursday, I received an email on friday with below message. 
We have ‘Received’ your Application and your Application is now ‘Under Process’ at ICAC in Consulate General of India, NY.

2 hours ago, LFC_YNWA said:

You will not see anything in the VFS account, Try the tracking link. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/track-application 

Sent my packet packet on Wed, reached ICAC on Thursday, I received an email on friday with below message. 
We have ‘Received’ your Application and your Application is now ‘Under Process’ at ICAC in Consulate General of India, NY.

Thank you, but i tried above link with both VFS reference ID and government referenceID. I've been gettin invalid inputs error for both. Looking for their number to talk to them directly. 

1 hour ago, jai thuss said:

Thank you, but i tried above link with both VFS reference ID and government referenceID. I've been gettin invalid inputs error for both. Looking for their number to talk to them directly. 

Even I got the same Invalid inputs error, when I gave the VFS Application# initially. Later when I gave the Embassy Application # as input it went through fine and showed the status. 

try keeping the "20-XXXXXXXX" hyphen sign in the application #, Also check DOB format DD/MM/YYYY 

Try this link and raise a query may be https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/contact-us

3 hours ago, LFC_YNWA said:

you meant original passport ? No that will be sent back along with the new passport. 

Ohh.. I thought they send us original passport back in a week. I don’t think they will hold the original passport until all the process is finished .. at least it’s not the same process with ckgs.they used to send us passport back in a week .

Just now, chapstick said:

Ohh.. I thought they send us original passport back in a week. I don’t think they will hold the original passport until all the process is finished .. at least it’s not the same process with ckgs.they used to send us passport back in a week .

It was the same process with CKGS at-least in 2018 JAN - Ma roommate applied and original passport came back only with the new passport. As we pay only for one return shipping label both with CKGS and VFS :). 

20 minutes ago, LFC_YNWA said:

It was the same process with CKGS at-least in 2018 JAN - Ma roommate applied and original passport came back only with the new passport. As we pay only for one return shipping label both with CKGS and VFS :). 

So we have to wait 8 to 10 weeks without passport ?

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

So we have to wait 8 to 10 weeks without passport ?

4-6 weeks is the timeline. If you have urgent travel need Tatkal would be justified. 

They will not void the old Passport and send it back unless Embassy approved the new one, at which point you will get both. 

NO way they will just void and send back the old passport within 4-5 days before embassy decides on the case.