VFS site is up - Begin accepting applications from 11/02

ShruteSastry

2 minutes ago, rajahmundry_bullodu said:

maa buddodiki every 5 years kotha OCI enduko ardham kadu. link it new US passport kada. why to keep pushing for new OCI

take tourist visa if you are not planning for no more than 6 months stay

For passport renewal VFS portal application creation link is still not active yet. It used to show it will be active from Nov2nd now they changed it to will be enabled shortly. Unless I am missing something !! 

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind 
Notice: Please be informed that the links to register for the Application process at VFS locations will be enabled shortly- date to be announced.

I am trying to apply for passport renewal and has completed Steps 1 and 2 and all documentation waiting for step 3. 

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/india/united-states-of-america/passport-services/ 

Apply Now

Steps to Follow

• Step 1:I have reviewed the overview and ready to review the checklist to identify specific requirements.

• Step 2:I have reviewed the overview, checklist, and am ready to complete online application form.

• Step 3:how do I submit my application?

Now that you have completed Step 2, you’re ready to submit your application. Make sure you have signed the application form/s and checklist where required and have all supporting documents in place.

Incomplete applications or applications with incorrect photographs specifications cannot be accepted and will be returned

Apply Now by Creating Online Profile

34 minutes ago, Spartan said:

apply Visa.  for 10 years..OCI tarvata teskovachu

visa kuda same.. they give 5 yrs max... but unfortunately. US passport under age vaalaki kuda 5 yrs ki renew cheyyinchaalu..

OCI is always best... when it comes for renewal neeeku antha documentation undaadhu where as for visa u need to sumit the same documents again for every renewal...just oka $50 more anukuntaa OCI vs visa

7 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

indian visa website lo ne undhii ga inka vfs evvvadiki kaval

tourist ledu, i assume those categories are for short visit, also indian website aytey how they issue physical visa, send passport to india ? 

31 minutes ago, LFC_YNWA said:

For passport renewal VFS portal application creation link is still not active yet. It used to show it will be active from Nov2nd now they changed it to will be enabled shortly. Unless I am missing something !! 

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind 
Notice: Please be informed that the links to register for the Application process at VFS locations will be enabled shortly- date to be announced.

I am trying to apply for passport renewal and has completed Steps 1 and 2 and all documentation waiting for step 3. 

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/india/united-states-of-america/passport-services/ 

Apply Now

Steps to Follow

• Step 1:I have reviewed the overview and ready to review the checklist to identify specific requirements.

• Step 2:I have reviewed the overview, checklist, and am ready to complete online application form.

• Step 3:how do I submit my application?

Now that you have completed Step 2, you’re ready to submit your application. Make sure you have signed the application form/s and checklist where required and have all supporting documents in place.

Incomplete applications or applications with incorrect photographs specifications cannot be accepted and will be returned

Apply Now by Creating Online Profile

Thanks for the info 

28 minutes ago, usetime63 said:

tourist ledu, i assume those categories are for short visit, also indian website aytey how they issue physical visa, send passport to india ? 

yea only entry visa allowed and OCI thats it

1 hour ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

visa kuda same.. they give 5 yrs max... but unfortunately. US passport under age vaalaki kuda 5 yrs ki renew cheyyinchaalu..

OCI is always best... when it comes for renewal neeeku antha documentation undaadhu where as for visa u need to sumit the same documents again for every renewal...just oka $50 more anukuntaa OCI vs visa

10 yrs is the standard. 

1 hour ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Inthaku mundi CKGS valla physical office undevi ga... where you can take your documents and they will verify and receive.

Ippudu aa concept leda?

Yes similar to CKGS you can go in person to the ICAC of VFS. ( COVID limitations) and the centers are not accepting Indian applications yet, will probably go live in the next couple of weeks. 

India Consular Application Centres will be located in six cities: Washington DC, New York,  San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta and Houston.

In these cities, VFS Global will provide the following services for Indian or US citizens, and for third country nationals, from November 2020: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) application, passport application, renunciation of Indian citizenship and Global Entry Programme (GEP) verification services. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, India visa services remain suspended at present. The re-start date for visa  services will be announced according to directives of the Embassy of India in USA.