Has any one experienced this here in the USA?

Shameless

2 minutes ago, odhu_le_macha said:

anduke ivvaledu ankunta...desi restaurants lo ichina waste..owner gadu tiskuntadu 

nenu pani chesina resturant chala systematic ga untadhi broo...owner punjabi and a millionaire, nenu 2 years pani chesa but eppudu kuda cheap buddhulu choodaledhu restaurant lo...the owner was generous though...

Just now, Shameless said:

nenu pani chesina resturant chala systematic ga untadhi broo...owner punjabi and a millionaire, nenu 2 years pani chesa but eppudu kuda cheap buddhulu choodaledhu restaurant lo...the owner was generous though...

Punjabi owners decent ba....mana telugu owner ankunna....nenu pani chesina place lo telugu owner gadu...kakurthi ki synonym vadu...

1 minute ago, odhu_le_macha said:

Punjabi owners decent ba....mana telugu owner ankunna....nenu pani chesina place lo telugu owner gadu...kakurthi ki synonym vadu...

nenu pani chesina restaurant ann arbor downtown lo chala famous restaurant....90% high class customers ocche vallu...iddhariki average ka $100-150 ayyedhi bill...nenu bagane sampadincha buzzboy ga at least $15-20 per hr working 3 days a week for only 5 hrs each day...

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Shameless said:

that is true bro...nenu restaurant lo pani chesetappudu usual ga waiters ki $2 per hr icchevadu and buzzboys ki $1.5/hr icchevadu restaurant owner...waiters ki ochina tips amount ni percentage laga buzzboys, chefs, and food runners ki icchevallu and migilina amount waters pettukune vallu....usual ga thellollu or frankly saying people other than indians at least 18% tip icchevallu...

I think it's more like the owner's fault for not paying the staff well than the customer's , in my opinion customers shouldn't be passed on that burden , in europe it isn't like this

1 minute ago, rapchik123 said:

I think it's more like the owner's fault for not paying the staff well than the customer's , in my opinion customers shouldn't be passed on that burden , in europe it isn't like this

as per labor law in most states, waiters working in a restaurant and expecting tips will get a different pay rate from their employer...12 years ago it was $2/hr I guess...I too got around $1.5 per hr from the employer but I was making more than $15 an hour with tips...

For all those trying to comment on tipping in the US, you need to understand how waiters get paid in regular restaurants. Hourly wage is less than $3 and they make money on tips alone. In very few states (CA, MA etc) there is a law that the owner has to pay the difference to make up for state min wage if the person made less than state min during their shift to protect the staff's earning interest. All other states, if there is no business/tips waiter loses money. 

Definitely tips are shared across several people as someone said above, but IDK how it works. 

Coming to regular Indian restaurants this may not be the case. Staff works either for per hour or per shift (e.g.: 8hours $100+ food) arrangements. That could be the main reason you dont see service distinction in Desi restaurants. Sometimes no clean tables, no water refills, no pro-activeness to make more business (desserts, drinks etc.) because they dont care how much the check is going to run to.

I clearly ask the staff whether or not they get the tips. Some people say no, only cash is allowed for us to take, etc. 

If the staff is not getting tips I do NOT tip. If they did good service I will give cash only if it goes to them. 

When I go to non-desi restaurants I tip min 18%. I feel like asking the same Q in mexican and arabic places but I do not have the rapport to ask them.

This is how it works in the US. Like it or not, don't take your ego on a poor waiter. You are literally costing them money by waiting on your table. Had s/he waited on others' they could have made more. 

How much ever I try to explain my friends are adamant about it. 

Funny enough, India lo service tax, tip, GST, naa bondha anni moosukuni kadataru. 

• Upvote 1

regular ga ekada endi em chaduvuthunav ani adigi serve chesaka last lo tip kodiga ekva istunte... inta evakandi anna.. miru enta ichina owner ke evali anadu.. secret ga ivala ante odana chuste na job podi anadu..

mana desi restaurants bagotham edi..

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, phatposts said:

For all those trying to comment on tipping in the US, you need to understand how waiters get paid in regular restaurants. Hourly wage is less than $3 and they make money on tips alone. In very few states (CA, MA etc) there is a law that the owner has to pay the difference to make up for state min wage if the person made less than state min during their shift to protect the staff's earning interest. All other states, if there is no business/tips waiter loses money. 

Definitely tips are shared across several people as someone said above, but IDK how it works. 

Coming to regular Indian restaurants this may not be the case. Staff works either for per hour or per shift (e.g.: 8hours $100+ food) arrangements. That could be the main reason you dont see service distinction in Desi restaurants. Sometimes no clean tables, no water refills, no pro-activeness to make more business (desserts, drinks etc.) because they dont care how much the check is going to run to.

I clearly ask the staff whether or not they get the tips. Some people say no, only cash is allowed for us to take, etc. 

If the staff is not getting tips I do NOT tip. If they did good service I will give cash only if it goes to them. 

When I go to non-desi restaurants I tip min 18%. I feel like asking the same Q in mexican and arabic places but I do not have the rapport to ask them.

This is how it works in the US. Like it or not, don't take your ego on a poor waiter. You are literally costing them money by waiting on your table. Had s/he waited on others' they could have made more. 

How much ever I try to explain my friends are adamant about it. 

Funny enough, India lo service tax, tip, GST, naa bondha anni moosukuni kadataru. 

+1. India lo dopidi baaga ekkuva. Tip atleast 12% ivvandi. Even if bill is $10 give tip like $3. 

After all America gave you life, so give back some thing via generous tips. 

• Upvote 1

Okasari matter teliyaka police ne direct ha tupaki adiganu

stun

tupaki hand over cheyyatame kadu aa tupaki features kooda cheppadu 

Room Li vachhenta varaku unable to believe what I did and why I did but when told friends started maintaining distance

Student ga vachhina kotthallo New Jersey lo oka Singapore restaurant lo weird experience ayindi

Bill pay chesaka somehow Tip pettaledu..

chinki gallu owned restaurant adi. Oka server gadu car parking spot dhaaka vachhi you didn’t leave any tip for me ani gattiga chepthunnadu. 
tarvata eppudu aa restaurant ki vellaledu. 

3 hours ago, sunnam said:

+1. India lo dopidi baaga ekkuva. Tip atleast 12% ivvandi. Even if bill is $10 give tip like $3. 

After all America gave you life, so give back some thing via generous tips. 

It's not about what america gave you or not. Don't kill the server with not tipping. Anthe