Haryana Minister, Who Got Trial Dose Of Covid Vaccine, Tests Positive

Kool_SRG

Anil Vij was last month administered a trial dose of a coronavirus vaccine as part of the third phase trial of Bharat Biotech's Covaxin.

Ambala: 

Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij tweeted this morning to say that he has tested positive for coronavirus. Mr Vij, 67, said he is admitted at the Civil Hospital in Ambala. The announcement comes a little over two weeks after he was administered a trial dose of a coronavirus vaccine.

The minister also urged all those who had come in close contact with him to get themselves tested.

"I have been tested Corona positive. I am admitted in Civil Hospital Ambala Cantt. All those who have come in close contact to me are advised to get themselves tested for corona," Mr Vij tweeted.

On November 20, Mr Vij, who is also Haryana's Health Minsiter, was administered a trial dose of a coronavirus vaccine as part of the third phase trial of Bharat Biotech's Covaxin. He had earlier announced on Twitter that he will be the first volunteer in his state for the anti-Covid vaccine.

"The antibodies against the infection build up in a human being only after a specific number of days pass after the second dose of the vaccine is taken, since this is a two-dose vaccine. The minister in question has taken only one dose of the vaccine," the Union Health Ministry said after Mr Vij's announcement.

Bharat Biotech, that is developing the vaccine, said the clinical trials of Covaxin are based on a two-dose schedule, given 28 days apart. "The vaccine efficacy will be determined 14 days post the second dose. Covaxin has been designed to be efficacious when subjects receive both doses," the drug maker said, reacting to the news of the Haryana minister testing positive.

Covaxin has been evaluated in about 1,000 subjects in the first two phases of clinical trials, with promising safety and immunogenicity data.

"The Phase-3 trials are double-blinded and randomised, where 50% of subjects (participants in the trial) receive vaccine and  50% of subjects receive placebo," the company said.

Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain, while wishing Mr Vij a speedy recovery, tweeted that he hoped the centre "takes note of the concerns raised over the vaccine and that the upcoming vaccine is completely safe and effective".

A three-member delegation of the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP), the BJP's coalition partner in Haryana, had met Mr Vij on Friday and sought withdrawal of cases registered in the state against farmers participating in the protest against the new farm laws. The delegation was led by JJP's state unit chief Nishan Singh and senior party leader Digvijay Singh Chautala was also a part of it. Yoga guru Ramdev too had met Mr Vij on Tuesday.

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had tested positive for coronavirus in August, and was admitted to a private hospital in Gurgaon near Delhi. The state assembly speaker, Gian Chand Gupta , had tested positive a day earlier, two days before the assembly session.

Haryana has reported over 2.4 lakh Covid cases so far, including 2,539 deaths.

nenu eppatinunchooo chepthunna ayya. idhi RNA virus ra baboooo. . epaatiki 15000+ virus mutated strands nu identify chesinaaaar. . . Its not at all possible to make a vaccine for such viruses. . .vaccine for flu or covid is a joke ani entha chepthunna vinaru. .. see the pharma stocks rise from Mar-2020 to till date. . . 

Mark my golden words again. . . 
"An effective vaccine for Common Cold/Flu/Covid-19/Covid-23/Covid27 is possible on a day when a man is able to conceive and deliver a baby."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

Mark my golden words again. . . 
"An effective vaccine for Common Cold/Flu/Covid-19/Covid-23/Covid27 is possible on a day when a man is able to conceive and deliver a baby."

LoL.1q

• Haha 2

Might be a placebo sample or the whole program is running on fumes 

I don't  trust most desi brands outside Tata , ITC ,amul ,wipro . 

Honey kooda motham fake anta india lo , food standards depend upon how much you can pay ., Nothing has changed since modi came to power . Same corruption but nationalist corruption instead of secular corruption 

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Might be a placebo sample or the whole program is running on fumes 

I don't  trust most desi brands outside Tata , ITC ,amul ,wipro . 

Honey kooda motham fake anta india lo , food standards depend upon how much you can pay ., Nothing has changed since modi came to power . Same corruption but nationalist corruption instead of secular corruption 

Desi vaccine kabatti atleast bathiki batta katti effective kakapoyina at least severe side effects levu thata ki. .  

Adhe Modera/Pfizer ayunte sachi undevaadu ee patiki. . . . 

Moderna vaadu last 10 years nundi develop chesthunnadu mRNA vaccine ni. . .below is the proof. . . . they never got approval. . . so e moderna and pfizer gurinche ee covid thesukochara ????

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-licenses-new-vaccine-candidates-against-new-viral-target

evadanna bet kadathanu ante cheppadi. . . vaccine is never possible even if Pfizer/Modderna gaadu vaccine unscrupulous ways lo emergency approval thechi administer/sales chesinaaa. . tharuvatha flu symptoms osthe test chesthe positive osthadhi. . damn sure. . . i can bet. . they'll twist it like its out of that 95% success rate ano. . ledha virus mutate ayindhi anoo edhava sollu cheptharu. . mark my words. . 

Or guddiga Amrika brands ni nammithe tharutha devudu kuda save cheyaledu

3 hours ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

kalthi vaccine ichinara endi eediki ?

for now covering ku adhe cheptharu. . . placebo ichinam. . ante gulcose neellu icham ani cover chestharu le

1 hour ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

Desi vaccine kabatti atleast bathiki batta katti effective kakapoyina at least severe side effects levu thata ki. .  

Adhe Modera/Pfizer ayunte sachi undevaadu ee patiki. . . . 

Moderna vaadu last 10 years nundi develop chesthunnadu mRNA vaccine ni. . .below is the proof. . . . they never got approval. . . so e moderna and pfizer gurinche ee covid thesukochara ????

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-licenses-new-vaccine-candidates-against-new-viral-target

evadanna bet kadathanu ante cheppadi. . . vaccine is never possible even if Pfizer/Modderna gaadu vaccine unscrupulous ways lo emergency approval thechi administer/sales chesinaaa. . tharuvatha flu symptoms osthe test chesthe positive osthadhi. . damn sure. . . i can bet. . they'll twist it like its out of that 95% success rate ano. . ledha virus mutate ayindhi anoo edhava sollu cheptharu. . mark my words. . 

Or guddiga Amrika brands ni nammithe tharutha devudu kuda save cheyaledu

True I have doubts about the efficacy and potential side effects of moderna /pfizer but most countries have systems to expose any faults , india does not .

In a country where even beuracrats are employed for life without any cehcks and balances  and a outdated constitution , it is very hard to expose wrondoings . 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

True I have doubts about the efficacy and potential side effects of moderna /pfizer but most countries have systems to expose any faults . India does not , in a country where even beuracrats are employed for life without any cehcks and balanced  and a outdated constitution , it is very hard to expose wrondoings . 

1000% agreed