Talent ni tokkesaru: PCB Confirms Mohammad Amir has no 'Desires or Intensions of Playing International Cricket'

Spartan

Pakistan Cricket Board chief executive Wasim Khan spoke with Mohammad Amir this afternoon following reports that the fast bowler had announced his retirement from international cricket. The 29-year-old confirmed to the PCB chief executive that he has no desires or intensions of playing international cricket and as such, he should not be considered for future international matches.

This is a personal decision of Mohammad Amir, which the PCB respects, and as such, will not make any further comment on this matter at this stage.

Amir has recently revealed his decision of quitting international cricket. The ace pacer has said that the reason behind an indefinite break is differences between him and the current management. Amir further added that he has certain reservations with the senior national team management and stated that he has undergone mental torture. After being left out of the Pakistan team for the New Zealand T20Is, Amir claims he got a wake-up call.

In June 2019, he announced retirement from Test format over workload issues.

In a video interview with a Pakistani channel, Amir revealed that he will release a detailed note stating the reason behind his break from the sport. Speaking about the same, the fast bowler pointed out that throughout his career he felt tortured and will not be able to tolerate it any longer. In a video released by Khel Shel, Amir said that he has been tortured from 2010 to 2015.

Amir went on to add that one can understand how he was sidelined because of the atmosphere around him. "I don't think I can play cricket under this management. I think I should leave cricket this time,” the 28-year-old said.Amir further pointed out that he can give credit to just two people to whom he also extended his gratitude. Amir said former PCB chairman Najam Sethi and former all-rounder Shahid Afridi were the ones from PCB who supported him at a tough time. The others in the team refused to play with him.

manchi bowler..

first vadini Match Fixing lo lUre chesi cheda dobbaru..

ippudu perlu ekkada baita pedtado ani torture chesi ....cricket adakunda chesaru...

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Sad..smooth run up, speed, swing...could have been the GOAT fast bowler if it was not for match fixing and paki politics..

Wasim, Waqar lanti vallu enduku groom cheyaro akkada..manchi bowlers vastaru Pak nunchi...

and succumb to the politics and jamat phobia....most of the players ended up like that..

Anwar, Inzy, Yousuf Youhana, Saqlain mustaq...after seeing great days in cricket.

Mohammad Amir retires from international cricket claiming 'mental torture'

"I am leaving cricket for now because I'm being mentally tortured. I don't think I can bear such torture. I've borne lots of torture from 2010 to 2015, for which I served my time. I've been tortured by being told the PCB invested a lot in me. I'll just say two people invested in me a lot: [former PCB chairman] Najam Sethi and [former Pakistan captain] Shahid Afridi.

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Wasim, Waqar lanti vallu enduku groom cheyaro akkada..manchi bowlers vastaru Pak nunchi...

and succumb to the politics and jamat phobia....most of the players ended up like that..

Anwar, Inzy, Yousuf Youhana, Saqlain mustaq...after seeing great days in cricket.

Agreed...Pak board is the worst  ...young Players don’t get proper direction...no trust between senior players themselves and the board as well...

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

manchi bowler..

first vadini Match Fixing lo lUre chesi cheda dobbaru..

ippudu perlu ekkada baita pedtado ani torture chesi ....cricket adakunda chesaru...

DUDE..like all PAKI athletes  his age was wrongly publicised as 16 years old..when he was more like 19-20 years and also he lost those valuable 5 years with fixing scandal. TRUTH is he lost his mozo after his return and he has been a mere shadow of his early stages. He tried to salvage his career by retiring from Test cricket and unfortunately, he did not get that early zip or swing and lost his place in the side. Retiring now is much better at least now he can fool people with this baseless stories..! 

34 minutes ago, BigB said:

DUDE..like all PAKI athletes  his age was wrongly publicised as 16 years old..when he was more like 19-20 years and also he lost those valuable 5 years with fixing scandal. TRUTH is he lost his mozo after his return and he has been a mere shadow of his early stages. He tried to salvage his career by retiring from Test cricket and unfortunately, he did not get that early zip or swing and lost his place in the side. Retiring now is much better at least now he can fool people with this baseless stories..! 

What ever it is he was not directed right for his talent

thats what I am saying