Options trading chesi successful ayina candidates unnara?

filterKaapi

9 hours ago, iddaritho said:

I was lucky and made close to 200k with 10 thousand in 2019 which dropped to 140 k during that time I cashed out. And just stayed out 

In 2020 again made 70 k during the crash and close to 100 k in stocks , left everything in long term stocks and have very good returns with out even looking at the account. Didn’t play options from august last year

This month I restarted and made 12 k in 2 days this week 

this is only in last 4 years 

before that I lost 24 k and always felt I was unlucky but things changed.

initially I lost due to greed , I always had good picks but when I had money I never sold waiting for higher returns 

my wife noticed that and suggested very important thing about options ( not for long term stocks and long term options )

“ Your money in stocks is number and you will only make profits if you sell them “

and since then I make a point to cash out profits, I don’t regret selling and worry if after I sell the stocks goes very high

Nee portfolio list add cheyi okasari bro

7 hours ago, stonks_pro said:

Money bokka pedithe kani option trading lo successful kalemu 

The more u trade u understand all the various strategies n intricacies n while doing that definitely money ayithe pothundi

Successful ppl r those who will convert those learning to earning with discipline n no emotions,  entry n exit plan

simple ga matter enti ante don’t but short term options unless u know the charts, support n resistance n price action/trend

buy long term options on growth companies n on good dips (not when stock is in downtrend), avoid earnings play, don’t put more than 5% value in any one single stock option n always keep a stop loss

Buy spreads instead of a call/put

and always if u have capital do covered calls or sell cash covered puts

Can u explain more about spreads, covered calls and put in simple terms plz

1 hour ago, Bestguy said:

Bhayya oka quick question on  covered call gurinchi:

I have pltr stock 800 vunnai want to do covered calls on it(Considering i bought 8 contracts).Let say 35 strike price tho call sell chesthee by expiry above 35 ki velthee what is the situation?? I heard i need to give up my all stocks  ani vvinna..Is it basically they sell alll my stocks @ 35 and give that money to me or any  other options i have at that time??

If you own 800 stock you can open necked calls saying you own 800 so your willing to sell 8 call options let’s say Friday is expiry and you sold call for 35 strike price for $1 (your break even would be 36 because $1 you sold call) each = 8* 100 = 800 in your account on Friday it ends 36 your obliged to sell at 36  with no profit no gain ... and you don’t own any stock it will be exercised...ya you can take all the money 35*800+ 800( on naked calls) else if you still want to keep the stock before market close just buy back the call you sold

My options game is zero sum game. Next week 10 target konte, aa following week perugutundi. Na thokkalo trading ki options aapesi stocks konadam modalu petta. Prashantam ga undi.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, stonks_pro said:

Money bokka pedithe kani option trading lo successful kalemu 

The more u trade u understand all the various strategies n intricacies n while doing that definitely money ayithe pothundi

Successful ppl r those who will convert those learning to earning with discipline n no emotions,  entry n exit plan

simple ga matter enti ante don’t but short term options unless u know the charts, support n resistance n price action/trend

buy long term options on growth companies n on good dips (not when stock is in downtrend), avoid earnings play, don’t put more than 5% value in any one single stock option n always keep a stop loss

Buy spreads instead of a call/put

and always if u have capital do covered calls or sell cash covered puts

+1116

Options is not easy. We have to lose money to understand but pays off in the long term. 

The dirty secret most people(large accounts 100k above savings uncle batch) hide is you need to have large capital to get good returns on stocks. With <20k accounts by just doing stocks em raavu returns. 

Okkosari googl Amazon single call bid ask spread is > earnings from just holding apple stock for an year.

7 minutes ago, karthikn said:

+1116

Options is not easy. We have to lose money to understand but pays off in the long term. 

The dirty secret most people(large accounts 100k above savings uncle batch) hide is you need to have large capital to get good returns on stocks. With <20k accounts by just doing stocks em raavu returns. 

Okkosari googl Amazon single call bid ask spread is > earnings from just holding apple stock for an year.

True bro. Options game is very tricky.

22 minutes ago, karthikn said:

+1116

I don’t agree.. stocks chestey you will get atleast 30% returns year over year I am saying atleast it can go up to 150% where as options you make  staggering gains but time decay is your enemy if the stock doesn’t move before expiry your options will go to zero... I always play 70% in stocks and 30 % in options even though I make much more than what I make in stock I still stick to stocks.. when I say stocks fundamentally good stocks not ipos or Penney stocks 

2 hours ago, Tesla_Elon said:

Can u explain more about spreads, covered calls and put in simple terms plz

Afternoon detailed ga explain chestha...ippudu koncham busy

45 minutes ago, macha said:

I don’t agree.. stocks chestey you will get atleast 30% returns year over year I am saying atleast it can go up to 150% where as options you make  staggering gains but time decay is your enemy if the stock doesn’t move before expiry your options will go to zero... I always play 70% in stocks and 30 % in options even though I make much more than what I make in stock I still stick to stocks.. when I say stocks fundamentally good stocks not ipos or Penney stocks 

do you use any service for pick recommendations? also what are the main technical indicators you use to identify option pick?

1 hour ago, macha said:

Yes. We need to keep balanced portfolio. 100% options is recipe for disaster. Keep long term portfolio with bluchip and other stable stocks.  play options on the side. 

1 hour ago, sunnam said:

do you use any service for pick recommendations? also what are the main technical indicators you use to identify option pick?

Options I do on weeklies so my indicator are 9 ma 50 ma , bolinger band, macd and Williams r on 3 minutes, 5 minutes and 30 minutes charts... I tried several and now I am not using anymore since past 1-1.5 years