Role of your upbringing on your value system

RSUCHOU

Recently I am seeing a lot of posts here where religion or castes get mentioned and chided. What was the role of your upbringing/environment/your caste or religion on your value system? 

I see while my core values definitely were derived from my parents and essentially my food habits determined by the home I grew up in, my value system and belief system are not a direct derivative. What's that in your case

• Upvote 1

core values parents ayinaa chala factors untay

like perspective, introspection, exposure and experiences.

If you give up your own logics and then let anyone else brainwash you then that's a different story

• Upvote 1

Core values were given by parents, But those seemed ubsurd for me. I respect them for not brainwashing me

But i also have personal awakening from my PTSD. which has provided foundation and also lot of relief.

introverted /can also be extroverted and has high respect for brotherhood.

core values are not directly derived from single source. our environment, parents, childhood, cinema, our role models, friends, colleagues, tastes, the bullying, the incidents that you face, the struggles that you had, mental strength, reasoning power ,to be able to know what's happening in the world and how it can effect us...ila cheppukuntu pothe..any thing in this world has the potential to influence your core values. We are all shaped by these directly and indirectly. what dominates us among all these is what we are made of.But how do we know if the core values are right or wrong comes from the experiences. We make mistakes..we correct them. He who corrects us is our guru. Who is guru..? parents and teachers.

Core values according to me are the ones that determine your basic primal instinct. Those generally are formed by the time you are exposed to the external society. So, immediate environment generally determines those. But, in case of people that have undergone severe trauma etc, those values generally are refined according to the environments they are in after the trauma. 

In my case, I believe most of my beliefs were refined over a lot of time based on the exposure that I started having, Me being born in a certain household had lesser impact on that. If so, why the hell would/should I be proud of my caste or religion? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

Core values according to me are the ones that determine your basic primal instinct. Those generally are formed by the time you are exposed to the external society. So, immediate environment generally determines those. But, in case of people that have undergone severe trauma etc, those values generally are refined according to the environments they are in after the trauma. 

In my case, I believe most of my beliefs were refined over a lot of time based on the exposure that I started having, Me being born in a certain household had lesser impact on that. If so, why the hell would/should I be proud of my caste or religion? 

You are the one person in db who thinks out of box in respect to religion/caste. Similar to me

Not everyone should have that kind of acceptance of other culture/ environments. They are shallow in thinking, let them embrace their caste/religion.

West and Middle east have the concept that humans are born from adam and eve. It is an interesting story about oneness of the whole world. Unfortunately indian history teaches invaders/ hatred/ jealousy/ distorted history/ poor mythology ...etc etc.

Self-realisation which lies beyond unity and diversity, is what constitutes religion.

13 minutes ago, Lonelyloner said:

You are the one person in db who thinks out of box in respect to religion/caste. Similar to me

Not everyone should have that kind of acceptance of other culture/ environments. They are shallow in thinking, let them embrace their caste/religion.

West and Middle east have the concept that humans are born from adam and eve. It is an interesting story about oneness of the whole world. Unfortunately indian history teaches invaders/ hatred/ jealousy/ distorted history/ poor mythology ...etc etc.

Self-realisation which lies beyond unity and diversity, is what constitutes religion.

While I don't completely agree with you on what Indian History teaches, I sincerely believe, religions which started from basal instinct of flocks evolved into much more stupidity than the real need of oneness. I am not devoid of my caste or religion, but, I find nothing to be proud of or the necessity to fight for it as well. Caste and religion are very personal to individual. No need to flaunt it or shun it. 

I was born in a Hindu/Brahmin household. I had no choice in my birth. So, why flaunt that I am a Brahmin. My dad was/is openminded and let me choose who or what I wanted to be. I am an Agnostic Atheist. But as far as what religion preaches, I identify with all that talks about humanity, service to mankind etc. There are a lot of things that resonate with my belief system in Hinduism that don't interfere with my being an atheist. So, why cannot we leave it at that. 

I am sure, other religions will definitely have good in them. Is there anyone here that think they are who they are because of their caste or religion? If not, they why are we bringing in caste and religion to our every discussion?

17 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

While I don't completely agree with you on what Indian History teaches, I sincerely believe, religions which started from basal instinct of flocks evolved into much more stupidity than the real need of oneness. I am not devoid of my caste or religion, but, I find nothing to be proud of or the necessity to fight for it as well. Caste and religion are very personal to individual. No need to flaunt it or shun it. 

I was born in a Hindu/Brahmin household. I had no choice in my birth. So, why flaunt that I am a Brahmin. My dad was/is openminded and let me choose who or what I wanted to be. I am an Agnostic Atheist. But as far as what religion preaches, I identify with all that talks about humanity, service to mankind etc. There are a lot of things that resonate with my belief system in Hinduism that don't interfere with my being an atheist. So, why cannot we leave it at that. 

I am sure, other religions will definitely have good in them. Is there anyone here that think they are who they are because of their caste or religion? If not, they why are we bringing in caste and religion to our every discussion?

Ask @Daaarling

its the id that brings shYt here and make a mess calling peaceful, anti nationals

hindu were ancestors for whole world??

is she gone mad or what

Tbf i am still researching on hinduism

the claim that its the oldest itself makes me think about its genuinity

i can conclude that i belong to hindu but won’t practice

Persians who suffered under invaders are close friends of me

13 hours ago, Lonelyloner said:

Ask @Daaarling

its the id that brings shYt here and make a mess calling peaceful, anti nationals

hindu were ancestors for whole world??

is she gone mad or what

Why are you diverting his topic and spilling out your own venom

13 hours ago, RSUCHOU said:

14 hours ago, Lonelyloner said:

bff2d34a7621389450f6ca2dc8fe59d4b7.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=center&thomcontrol&fm=jpg
Game Trailer
Test your sustainability skills and discover how our SMASH Packaging program helps minimize ecological footprints. #alwayscurious
merckgroup.com

bff2d34a7621389450f6ca2dc8fe59d4b7.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=center&fm=jpg
Game Trailer
Test your sustainability skills and discover how our SMASH Packaging program helps minimize ecological footprints. #alwayscurious
merckgroup.com

You are true descendants of Adam and Eve as you encourage marriage with cousins.

These days calling oneself as Atheist has become cool. How can one be Atheist when it is clearly evident that nothing is in our control and there is one supreme controller called GOD, He has many names and forms as called by different sect of people. The problem comes when one of the sect try to dominate other by calling their faith is correct and everyone else who are not accepting it are infidels. Killing People, Making Sex slaves, Waging wars, Spreading terrorism has become normal activity of Peaceful community and I wonder why remaining peacefuls do not condemn it and come out of that

Sh*t. @Lonelyloner @Picheshwar @narsy @csrcsr etc come in disguise of Atheist or non-believrs and spread glories of peaceful religion defaming Hinduism. What is the need. Hinduism has welcomed so many religions into India.