Role of your upbringing on your value system

RSUCHOU

22 minutes ago, Daaarling said:

These days calling oneself as Atheist has become cool. How can one be Atheist when it is clearly evident that nothing is in our control and there is one supreme controller called GOD, He has many names and forms as called by different sect of people. The problem comes when one of the sect try to dominate other by calling their faith is correct and everyone else who are not accepting it are infidels. Killing People, Making Sex slaves, Waging wars, Spreading terrorism has become normal activity of Peaceful community and I wonder why remaining peacefuls do not condemn it and come out of that

Sh*t. @Lonelyloner @Picheshwar @narsy @csrcsr etc come in disguise of Atheist or non-believrs and spread glories of peaceful religion defaming Hinduism. What is the need. Hinduism has welcomed so many religions into India.

Rey ❤️ day.

oka ayyaku puttina vadu aithe nannu tag cheyyavu.

innisarlu cheppina siggu leda naa G nakadaniki??

• Haha 1

Konthamandi cinema edaina... same music istaru sambandham lekunda... etla no endo veellatoni, interesting threads chadavalante chiraku vastundi. 

29 minutes ago, Daaarling said:

These days calling oneself as Atheist has become cool. How can one be Atheist when it is clearly evident that nothing is in our control and there is one supreme controller called GOD, He has many names and forms as called by different sect of people. The problem comes when one of the sect try to dominate other by calling their faith is correct and everyone else who are not accepting it are infidels. Killing People, Making Sex slaves, Waging wars, Spreading terrorism has become normal activity of Peaceful community and I wonder why remaining peacefuls do not condemn it and come out of that

Sh*t. @Lonelyloner @Picheshwar @narsy @csrcsr etc come in disguise of Atheist or non-believrs and spread glories of peaceful religion defaming Hinduism. What is the need. Hinduism has welcomed so many religions into India.

Anna vo akka vo teliyadu kani nenu emi annanu?

5 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Konthamandi cinema edaina... same music istaru sambandham lekunda... etla no endo veellatoni, interesting threads chadavalante chiraku vastundi. 

tag cheyyi.

• Haha 1

I don't condone personal attacks and would not respond to one. But, the points that were mentioned above will get answered to the point.

1. Existence of super power is not proven. Even if we assume that there is a super power(GOD) as is defined by religions, there are a few problems with that. On one hand, we say god created matter and is all encompassing, kind, benevolent etc, we then have to believe that antimatter was also created by GOD. To what purpose would that serve? If we believe that the antimatter was not created by GOD, then there are other super powers creating some other things. 

2. If the GOD was all powerful and benevolent, would he/she fight the evil? Should he/she/it not have the power to terminate/transform the evil? If he created all the world, what was the purpose? Are we making his/her/it's life better or worse? If we are making his/her/it's life better, then did he/she/it create the world for his entertainment? In which case, he is not all encompassing, exhibiting the same attributes as everyone of us. If he/she/it created us to make life for him/her/it tougher, is it masochism? That's not a so godly trait, isn't it?

3. Atheism is not fashion. It is a search internally and externally. People that question have tough time believing something just for the sake of a belief. Atheism is very tough to keep up with in this world. If someone is an atheist, it is not easy for them. They have lots of questions that they are searching for answers to. It is an undertaking that their moral compass is guided by their own will and not by a notion of god. Infact, each Atheist lives upto all the virtues that the society sets for their GODs. They are responsible for their own actions and no one else.

4. I did not denounce any religion. Infact, I also said, there is a lot of good in every religion. So, the point about Islam and people not condemning the radicalised factions is entirely their choice. Are we condemning the acts of Khaps that happen in the name of Hinduism or what the Pastors do in the name of Christianity. This goes back to the point about religion being personal to the individual that practices it. 

5. Superiority complex because you belong to a religion/caste has no grounding in reality. I do not condone it at a personal level.

If anyone want to discuss without getting personal or resorting to name calling, I am game. Also, this is not about a religion. The question I asked was about how an individual(in this case you) benefitted from your birth into a certain caste/religion. What contribution did it have in your evolution as a human being.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:51 AM, RSUCHOU said:

Recently I am seeing a lot of posts here where religion or castes get mentioned and chided. What was the role of your upbringing/environment/your caste or religion on your value system? 

I see while my core values definitely were derived from my parents and essentially my food habits determined by the home I grew up in, my value system and belief system are not a direct derivative. What's that in your case

My father taught me about castes and to hate other castes 

My mom taught me to hate other religions and be extremely proud of my religion

All dbians are innocent and they have great upbringing.