How communists destroy any business oppurtunity in india

Ryzen_renoir

how difficult it is to run a business in Kerala

1. Last year there was a statewide huge protest in Kerala spearheaded by CITU which is basically the trade union wing of the communist party against Muthoot group demanding to increase their employee's salaries. Over 90% of the employees were not even part of this union and had nothing to do with the protest. Meanwhile, Muthoot said they won't be able to profitably increase salary and will have to shutdown if the protest continued. 

2. CITU has been creating trouble in Muthoot Finance’s branches in Kerala over the last couple of years, putting pressure on its employees to join the union. CITU also wants the association to be recognised by the management. Muthoot Finance DGM Babu John said most of its employees have no plans to join the association and CITU is trying to use “terror tactics” to prevent the employees from opening the branches.

3. CITU-backed Non-Banking & Private Finance Employees Association has been protesting outside Muthoot Finance’s branches in Kerala for the past several weeks, demanding wage hike and recognition of the union. Babu John, DGM Communication of Muthoot Finance said the company has not decided whether to attend the meeting as the company’s 2,800 employees are not members of the association.

4. “Why should we attend when none of my employees are even members of the association,” he asked. K N Gopinath, state secretary of CITU, however, alleged that Muthoot Finance management was, in fact, threatening to close down the branches so as to drive away workers from protesting.
5. Muthoot Finance’s gold loan business in the state has declined to 4.57 per cent from 13.55 per cent due to the continuous disruption in the business by the trade union, its DGM said.

6. The Muthoot management has stated that the unrest has been going on for the past three years owing to which the company has lost 66 per cent of its business in Kerala, that contributed 11 per cent of their all-India business when the strikes began in 2016, which is now down to four per cent in 2020.

7. George Muthood stated that the average business in a single branch in Kerala each day is Rs 2 crore, whereas the average business of a single branch of the company outside the state amounts to Rs 8.57 crore rupees. “If it was any other company, they would have closed their operations in the state long time back. We continue to operate here because we are a Kerala company and are emotionally attached to our state,” he added.

• Upvote 1

8. He said Muthoot Finance has submitted a memorandum signed by 2,400 out of its 2,800 employees to the Chief Minister urging his intervention to end the trade union protests. But no action was taken by the chief minister.

9. Employees of Muthoot Finance were attacked in Kochi and Kattappana branches on Wednesday, allegedly by CITU activists, when they came to attend office, defying the strike called by the unions.

10. Two employees, including a woman staffer of Muthoot Finance’s regional office in Kochi, suffered injuries after miscreants attacked them near Kadavanthra Metro station on Wednesday, waste fish water was poured on another woman employee of the NBFC’s Kattappana branch by the CITU workers.

11. The branch manager, 44-year-old Anitha Gopal said, "When I reached the office, there were 10 to 12 CITU workers at the spot. Suddenly a worker poured a basin of waste fish water on my head. It was an unexpected move, I was shocked. Then another man came forward and poured another basin of fish water on my body."

12. Anitha added that the striking CITU workers had sealed the lock of the branch with a sealant. "We broke the lock with a axesaw blade. Then the police reached the spot and I continued to be at the office for over three hours wearing the same clothes that were stinking," Anitha said.

13. "Several times the CITU workers had sealed the lock, forcing us to break the lock and enter our office.  I have been working here for twenty years, and have never joined any strike as I am happy with the compensation I recieve," Anitha said.

14. However, a CITU leader who was part of the incident raised a counter allegation and claimed that Anitha had poured fish water on the protesters.

15. CPI(M) Kattappana local committee secretary and CITU area committee member MT Hari told TNM, “When we reached the office, the manager poured the fish water on my head," he claimed.

16. Hari says they had asked the women not to work till the strike ends. "We requested her to stop working, she didn't. I have submitted a complaint against her before Kattappana police station", he added.

17. Anitha counters that the job was her lifeline and she did not wish to join the strike. 

18. In the high court, Justice Mohammed Mushtaq pointed out that the court could not agree to people, including women being attacked in the streets. “If the CITU wants to show its might, then let them provide employment to those who lost their jobs"

19. In Kochi, police have confirmed that the CITU workers were behind the attack. “We received CCTV footages and after examining them we confirmed that they belong to CITU but we are yet to locate the attackers. The probe is on,” said a police official.

20. After several months of intense protest, Muthoot was forced to shutdown 350+ branches in Kerala permanently effectively pushing them out of their home state.

21. Then coronavirus lockdown started....

22. Later for the next six months, protests continued(with a confused Pikachu face) against the termination of employees and shutting down the offices where the employees worked.  “It is a year after the management had terminated employees including the union leaders and closed down the branches where the union leaders had been working as a revenge against the unionisation of employees. Since then, the union staged several protests including the 84-day indefinite strike, which was called off later due to the Covid-19 protocols,” said a CITU leader.

• Upvote 1

Kerala is 100 time better than any so called "capitalist" state like up or even gujarat. Almost 9 percent population now is biharis who are given jobs in kerala. I have been and lived in the state for a while. Never saw a child selling anything on streets, never saw women selling stuff from baskets while walking or open containers. People wear clean clothes - everything generally sold in shops or a proper location and nicely packaged. Almost zero pollution. People are tall and healthier. Houses spread out and large - almost zero slums anywhere. Even in villages children wear clean clothes and look cute going to schools.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Kerala is 100 time better than any so called "capitalist" state like up or even gujarat. Almost 9 percent population now is biharis who are given jobs in kerala. I have been and lived in the state for a while. Never saw a child selling anything on streets, never saw women selling stuff from baskets while walking or open containers. People wear clean clothes - everything generally sold in shops or a proper location and nicely packaged. Almost zero pollution. People are tall and healthier. Houses spread out and large - almost zero slums anywhere. Even in villages children wear clean clothes and look cute going to schools.

Kerala public is amazing , if I were to be born in any state again in india I would choose kerala 10/10 but we are talking about the establishment here .

There is a reason why even though kerala had Asia's first IT park , and yet IT employment is pitiful . 

This article reminded me of the speech given by KCR during the RTC strike , regarding communists and communism. He talked about how people are afraid to put on new paint to the establishments due to the fear of worker unions and communists in Kolkatta.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler_durden said:

This article reminded me of the speech given by KCR during the RTC strike , regarding communists and communism. He talked about how people are afraid to put on new paint to the establishments due to the fear of worker unions and communists in Kolkatta.

It's not a article per se , it's written by a former employee of kerala Muthoot group when the founder recently passed away.  

He was the richest malayali but he was no welcome in Kerala despite all his efforts

1 hour ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

8. He said Muthoot Finance has submitted a memorandum signed by 2,400 out of its 2,800 employees to the Chief Minister urging his intervention to end the trade union protests. But no action was taken by the chief minister.

9. Employees of Muthoot Finance were attacked in Kochi and Kattappana branches on Wednesday, allegedly by CITU activists, when they came to attend office, defying the strike called by the unions.

10. Two employees, including a woman staffer of Muthoot Finance’s regional office in Kochi, suffered injuries after miscreants attacked them near Kadavanthra Metro station on Wednesday, waste fish water was poured on another woman employee of the NBFC’s Kattappana branch by the CITU workers.

11. The branch manager, 44-year-old Anitha Gopal said, "When I reached the office, there were 10 to 12 CITU workers at the spot. Suddenly a worker poured a basin of waste fish water on my head. It was an unexpected move, I was shocked. Then another man came forward and poured another basin of fish water on my body."

12. Anitha added that the striking CITU workers had sealed the lock of the branch with a sealant. "We broke the lock with a axesaw blade. Then the police reached the spot and I continued to be at the office for over three hours wearing the same clothes that were stinking," Anitha said.

13. "Several times the CITU workers had sealed the lock, forcing us to break the lock and enter our office.  I have been working here for twenty years, and have never joined any strike as I am happy with the compensation I recieve," Anitha said.

14. However, a CITU leader who was part of the incident raised a counter allegation and claimed that Anitha had poured fish water on the protesters.

15. CPI(M) Kattappana local committee secretary and CITU area committee member MT Hari told TNM, “When we reached the office, the manager poured the fish water on my head," he claimed.

16. Hari says they had asked the women not to work till the strike ends. "We requested her to stop working, she didn't. I have submitted a complaint against her before Kattappana police station", he added.

17. Anitha counters that the job was her lifeline and she did not wish to join the strike. 

18. In the high court, Justice Mohammed Mushtaq pointed out that the court could not agree to people, including women being attacked in the streets. “If the CITU wants to show its might, then let them provide employment to those who lost their jobs"

19. In Kochi, police have confirmed that the CITU workers were behind the attack. “We received CCTV footages and after examining them we confirmed that they belong to CITU but we are yet to locate the attackers. The probe is on,” said a police official.

20. After several months of intense protest, Muthoot was forced to shutdown 350+ branches in Kerala permanently effectively pushing them out of their home state.

21. Then coronavirus lockdown started....

22. Later for the next six months, protests continued(with a confused Pikachu face) against the termination of employees and shutting down the offices where the employees worked.  “It is a year after the management had terminated employees including the union leaders and closed down the branches where the union leaders had been working as a revenge against the unionisation of employees. Since then, the union staged several protests including the 84-day indefinite strike, which was called off later due to the Covid-19 protocols,” said a CITU leader.

Let the muthhoot group put out its ledger books for the past 5 years out in the open space to be audited by independent auditors....if asking for a pay rise will be a reason for a company then sime thing is fishy...itla thesukuntey right now centre is directly telling that it cannot maintain its psus so we are selling them to Pvt players...so going by your logic every central govt since lpg reforms in india are incapable of running the state and they have completely destroyed india kadha...

1 hour ago, Telugodura456 said:

sagam dabbu dubai money ye ... 

15 minutes ago, Ayodhyaramayyaips said:

Let the muthhoot group put out its ledger books for the past 5 years out in the open space to be audited by independent auditors....if asking for a pay rise will be a reason for a company then sime thing is fishy...itla thesukuntey right now centre is directly telling that it cannot maintain its psus so we are selling them to Pvt players...so going by your logic every central govt since lpg reforms in india are incapable of running the state and they have completely destroyed india kadha...

Pay rise evadu adigadu ? Someone who is not employed by the company .  If kerala branch raises pay them all other brances have to follow.  It will lead to cascade of expenses leading to collapse .  The employees themselves were happy to be given work

The communist unions were basically blackmailing the company and threatening to take control of it.   Hopefully you will run a business in future and share your expirerinces with communist unions 

3 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu1 said:

so? it's their hard earned money. In comparison most of the real estate money in telugu states is also from nri's

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu1 said:

What's wrong with earning a honest pay ? They have to migrate because there is no oppurnity back home . 

Most keralites work decent jobs in gulf and are treated pretty well  unlike telugu , tamil , etc  migrants

3 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

What's wrong with earning a honest pay ? They have to migrate because there is no oppurnity back home . 

Most keralites work decent jobs in gulf and are treated pretty well  unlike telugu , tamil , etc  migrants

I am just saying they have got good access to gold mine called Dubai

1 hour ago, Telugodura456 said:

nenu Kochi ki vellinappudu ala anipiyyalede ? small bangalore laaga anipinchindi ante.. nothing great.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dewarist said:

so? it's their hard earned money. In comparison most of the real estate money in telugu states is also from nri's

no one is saying telugus are poor

Just now, dasara_bullodu1 said:

I am just saying they have got good access to gold mine called Dubai

lol, you are saying as if they got it for free. They got on to the bandwagon early and siezed the oppurtunity, just like telugu people did in IT in USA.

• Upvote 1