GC ead ni spouse use cheyacha while principal applicant remains on h1b status

Be_happy

• Be_happy changed the title to GC ead ni spouse use cheyacha while principal applicant remains on h1b status
1 minute ago, Be_happy said:

Can the spouse of a principal applicant who has a GC ead, work on EAD while the principal applicant remain on h1b???

Nenu vinadi bro (I am not 100%sure on this) but em cheparu ante once the derivative applicant uses ead , primary applicant will also change to immigrant status,

But ee link lo clear ga cheptunaru emi kaadu you can be in h1 ani but interesting question emina telisthe update cheyi bro same.thread 

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-i-485-derivative-applicant-use-485-ead-for-j-5044317.html

7 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Nenu vinadi bro (I am not 100%sure on this) but em cheparu ante once the derivative applicant uses ead , primary applicant will also change to immigrant status,

But ee link lo clear ga cheptunaru emi kaadu you can be in h1 ani but interesting question emina telisthe update cheyi bro same.thread 

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-i-485-derivative-applicant-use-485-ead-for-j-5044317.html

Yeah. Different people are telling different answers to this. Yet to find sure answer for this. 

11 minutes ago, Be_happy said:

@csrcsr.. Correct.. that’s the only reference i could find in the internet as well. hopefully one of our db’ians knows the answer.. 

May be h4 ead safe emo , but I know it's taking lot of time

1 hour ago, Be_happy said:

Can the spouse of a principal applicant who has a GC ead, work on EAD while the principal applicant remain on h1b???

Dependent applicant is based on Primary applicant status. One person cannot choose ead

• Upvote 1

Yes spouse of the principal applicant can start using GC EAD with out any impact of the primary applicant H1B status. 

She can fall back to H4 also if she steps out of country and come back on H4 visa. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Be_happy said:

Mixed opinions are there but okathanu 8 yrs nuchi gc EAD pina unnadu athani wife GC EAD full time 

vedu india vellinappudu stamp cheyinchukunadu ani telling in tele gram group lo 

but primary never used ap while entering the US or any where for work

1 hour ago, albakra said:

Yes spouse of the principal applicant can start using GC EAD with out any impact of the primary applicant H1B status. 

She can fall back to H4 also if she steps out of country and come back on H4 visa. 

This is correct info

2 hours ago, albakra said:

Correct info 👍🏽

1 hour ago, fasak_vachadu said:

Mixed opinions are there but okathanu 8 yrs nuchi gc EAD pina unnadu athani wife GC EAD full time 

vedu india vellinappudu stamp cheyinchukunadu ani telling in tele gram group lo 

but primary never used ap while entering the US or any where for work

this is completely gray area, okadaithe 7 yrs nundi h1 maintain chesthu using AP for travel.. asalu idi inka weird appudu h1 ela renew chesthunnado.. naku ardam avvatledu when last i94 says entry as parolee.. so basically you can switch category as you wanted emo..like h1 to f1 or f1 to h1 ala